Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Cityscape

Downloads
    Uploads

Cityscape

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm curious if anyone has picked up Cityscape yet? I'm very interested in the book as I've gotten city builder books from other companies and while they are chock full of information, most of them don't really fit my need as far as city building is concerned. Either their systems are not anything I would use, just because they stink in my opinion, or they are so convoluted and complex that it makes them unwieldy and unusable.

After all, I just want a good skeleton that I can flesh out on my own; I'm not interested in taking a class in medieval economics and politics!

I'm going to look at a copy either today or next week if the store I frequent has it in. Then if it looks good to me at a glance, I'll pick it up. Once I've looked it over, I'll let everyone know what I think of the book.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rats, just read a little more on Cityscape and found out it doesn't get released till, November, and we're on the first, so I'm guessing it isn't out yet!

Ok, so once you get a chance to pick it up, let me know how you feel about it, or if you're going to pick it up, let me know why!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cityscape is due on on November 7th. Check out the New Product Announcements calendar for a quick view of upcoming products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have it on preorder, I will leave some info as soon as I get it and read a little in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I went by my local store and they had a copy of it for me, so I guess I got it a little early. That's the thing about being a loyal customer and being on great terms with the store staff. I'll let everyone know what I think about it after I've read some of it.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really looking forward to this book. One of my main problems as a DM is running things in cities, unless that city is covered extensively in a sourcbook. I tend to do more wilderness encounters anyway. It will be nice to have a source for making up your own cities, with ideas for adventures.

That being said, however, I am not getting my hopes up. The last three books in the environment series--"Frostburn," "Sandstorm," and "Stormwrack"--fell a little short of what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a much more intensive treatment on the rigors and hazards of the different environments. What was present was good and useful. I guess I just thought they would cover it a lot more.

I still plan on getting the book, though. Its sister books all had something interesting in them and are useful.