Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edtion
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edtion

Downloads
    Uploads

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edtion

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    are there any old school players out there looking for a game? if there is respond here and as soon as I figure out how to host a game I will start working on getting players (if there are any out there)
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to play, but to be honest I don't know how long I'll stay interested. In the past when I've played PbP games I'd get bored with it when the posting stops for long periods of time, like a few days . I'd be willing to try it though. What would be the posting frequency? What rules are you thinking of using?

PHB&DMG obviously
    Splatbooks? "Complete X" series
    Players Option Books?
    What wurld?
    Last edited by Greylond; 10-16-2008 at 09:45 PM.
    [comment about D&D 4E]I have to ask myself, am I just buying a name here? If I fell in love with a gal named Wanda ten years ago, does that mean that every new Wanda that comes along is going to be just as groovy?
    I like the old Wanda, This new Wanda looks like high maintenence.
    ~nordo billingswary at the K&Co forums

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the posting rate could be as high as M W and F for me with posts from you guys in between. but as with everything it could slow down depending on RL and the Burnout factor. I will promise you this if you stick with me I will not abandon you as DM.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to try. So, what about the other questions on rules and World used?
    [comment about D&D 4E]I have to ask myself, am I just buying a name here? If I fell in love with a gal named Wanda ten years ago, does that mean that every new Wanda that comes along is going to be just as groovy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This will be set in the World of Greyhawk, The party will be exploring the ruined castle of the same name. As far as rules goes I think I will go standard on this. roll ability scores 4d6 drop the lowest once I get a board I will provide more details.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I might be interested. I would lke to know more. What classes races are playable and any background info on the world that might help me and be comman knowlage. I am not a Greyhawk player. I think I played in that world once.
    Running: 2e DnD Forgotten Realms

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out these links Castle Greyhawk World of Greyhawk
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair warning: Back when I used to DM 2nd Edition, my games were almost always on Greyhawk, but I never owned or read the published Castle Greyhawk. However I did own the City of Greyhawk boxed set(ran a couple of campaigns there). I also DM'ed modules EX1 and EX2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylond View Post
    Fair warning: Back when I used to DM 2nd Edition, my games were almost always on Greyhawk, but I never owned or read the published Castle Greyhawk. However I did own the City of Greyhawk boxed set(ran a couple of campaigns there). I also DM'ed modules EX1 and EX2.
    Ah the wonderland series of Modules those were the days. So When you say fair warning does this mean you are going to hound me if I get something incorrect? In that case lest assume this world is an alternate world. lol
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    No that means that if you use something that I'm familiar with I'll try to NOT use OCC knowledge but when faced with a puzzle or secret sometimes that's hard to separate out what your character can figure out and what you actually know...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylond View Post
    No that means that if you use something that I'm familiar with I'll try to NOT use OCC knowledge but when faced with a puzzle or secret sometimes that's hard to separate out what your character can figure out and what you actually know...
    I see and fare enough I reckon.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested in a 2nd ed pBp

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I have three players, If the game is approved we need at least one more. I hope we can get that one player. what classes and races are you guys thinking of playing.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me it all depends on the dice. I'm partial to Elves or Halflings. M-Us, MU/Th, or just Thief but I've played just about everything. I tend to roll the stats first and let the dice point me in a direction or two...

Any restrictions on what you Don't want played? Any class, race or alignments you don't want?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'd be interested as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast