Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Dnd 4th Edition
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 4
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Springfield
State: TN
Zip Code / Postal Code: 37172
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Thread: Basic DnD campaign

Downloads
    Uploads

Basic DnD campaign

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Some friends and I are looking to start a campaign. Only one of us has played before and that was only a little bit. We are looking at 4 people for sure right now and hopefully 2 others, but I thought I would ask here to see if there were any others in the area.

A lot of the stuff is undecided and it's unlikely this would begin until next month. We are all college age so around that age range would be preferred. I plan to DM but since none of us have played much, I'd be open to someone else DM'ing.

If you are interested or want more info please drop a message here or PM me and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. The place this would take place in is about 30 minutes north of Nashville.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww...when you said "Basic D&D" I thought you meant...

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd/dd-bbox.htm

Oh well!

Best of luck in getting your game together though and welcome to the forums and this glorious hobby of ours. I hope you guys have as much fun with it as the rest of us do!
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the boards... and best of luck to you filling those last two seats. You might try listing your campaign on our community calendar. It works quite well. Game on!
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huzzah and greetings!
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the welcomes guys. I took your advice and made an event on the calender, maybe between this and that we'll find an extra player or two, if not game on anyway. We are going to be total newbies but oh well, all of my current group can figure it out together.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. Don't fret too much about being "new" to the game. At one time we all were new to the game as well. We have people one here that range any where from the very begining when D&D was first made up through the present. There is also just about any game genre out there addressed somewhere on the forums. So don't be shy about asking questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I came via the official D&D forum and was asking questions there. We ended up finding the starter set for 4e and currently I'm just waiting for it to come out. Something I am wondering about currently is once we are done with that campaign and I'm designing my own maps, I plan to get a Paio Flipmat as it seems the best way to do things. But I'm wondering how it would be best to display the map as I don't want to show the entire thing to them esp if I plan secret passages.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVash7886 View Post
    ...Something I am wondering about currently is once we are done with that campaign and I'm designing my own maps, I plan to get a Paio Flipmat as it seems the best way to do things. But I'm wondering how it would be best to display the map as I don't want to show the entire thing to them esp if I plan secret passages.

Usually it is best to actually have two separate maps. One for the party and one for the DM/GM. This way the party has just the regular map that doesn't show secret passages or other notations that would tip them off that there is something of interest at a particular location.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dry Erase Board

The best way to go if your going to play with mini's and you want something that's flexible to use, go with shower board. You can grab it at Home Depot or Lowe's in a small 2' by 3' piece. Then all you do is take a yardstick and a razor and make a grid of 1 inch squares. Then just take cheap dry erase markers and you can draw the map out as you go. works absolute wonders and only costs a few bucks. I put a border edge on mine and some small legs so we could roll dice on it and put our books under it. I also use a regular dry erase board to keep up with initiative and hit points. If you get a larger piece of shower board you can even let the players use it to keep track of their hit points and spells so you know whats going on at all times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh, tempting... Just slightly out of my range for a weekly game, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just moved here but my books should be coming in a week, but if your still looking for players i am an expierenced player and would love to join a group!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    too bad, don't have a car, but it sounds fun.