Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Well Met! (LFG in TN)
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Well Met! (LFG in TN)

Downloads
    Uploads

Well Met! (LFG in TN)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello, my name is Matt. I'm mostly into computer RPGs, but I've been wanting to try traditional Pen-n-Paper for a while. I'm looking for a group that won't get too annoyed with my newbie-ness. I live on the South side of Nashville, TN.

Umm... not really much else to tell. I never got to play D&D growing up, because all my friends' parents had moral objections to it. To date I've managed to play PnP maybe three times. I didn't even get into computer RPGs until college, when I discovered MUDs. Then later, the Final Fantasy series. More recently NeverWinter Nights - I've built a couple of persistent worlds for NWN, and hosted them for several years.

Regarding NWN, I've played on total roleplaying servers, complete hack-n-slash servers, and everything in between, and I've enjoyed all of it. But I don't know how well any of that translates into PnP, so I don't know what style of play I'll favor offline.

I'm most likely to want to try D&D 3.x (because it's similar to NWN), D&D 4.0 (because we're all newbies there), Star Wars (because, well, I like Star Wars), or possibly Hackmaster (I'm a KODT fan). Of the D&D campaign settings, I'm most familiar with the Forgotten Realms universe, because of NWN, and because I've read a few Drizzt books.

I'm not very good at battle strategy, and I generally avoid magic users. Most of my characters have been fairly basic; Fighters, Rogues, and archer builds. I do like Bards, but mostly for personality reasons, and I don't rely on their spells much. My favorite characters are usually Human or Elven.

I can't do weekdays, not even Friday nights. But I can probably play any time of day Saturday or Sunday. I'd rather not travel far, but I can host if need be, as long as none of the group are allergic to cats. I collect miniatures and tiles (D&D and Star Wars), so the group would have access to these D&D accessories if needed.

But I also wouldn't mind trying an online game using a program like OpenRPG.

Also, I'm transgender - I'm male but I identify as female. This will not effect the game; I won't even be wearing drag while gaming. I only mention it in case any of the group has aversions to the GLBT crowd. Being in the Bible belt, I run into a lot of people who are uncomfortable with that sort of thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find a group up there in TN. I know a few in the area. As for the transgender thing, I think most gamers could core less. In fact, one of my favorite characters is a female puma/mountain lion/couger who shapeshifts into a male elf. Now THAT is real transgendering. Ha,Ha.

However, I will admit that it does confuse some players. Especialy since she/he has offspring from both races.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlight View Post
    Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find a group up there in TN. I know a few in the area. As for the transgender thing, I think most gamers could core less. In fact, one of my favorite characters is a female puma/mountain lion/couger who shapeshifts into a male elf. Now THAT is real transgendering. Ha,Ha.

However, I will admit that it does confuse some players. Especialy since she/he has offspring from both races.
    That sounds like a great character.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. I know that I have seen other folks on here from the Nashville area. Be sure to check the Player's Registry to find some of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy the site. As for the transgender thing, who cares--you are just a good old fashion human (well maybe---you might be actually an alien.. who knows?) I have have all sorts of people game in my groups, straight, gay, bi, etc and so forth. We all just had fun playing the game. One of my races of a d&d world I created has a lovely race of human appearing characters who pocess both genders and all look like small busted teenage-girls. They were a passive race with great mental powers that could kick royal hindy and lived for about 1000 years. You would probably have fun playing one of those. Nothing is worse that a cute teenage looking girl better endowed that you character is.....(not meaning the bust). Many gamers now-a-days dont concern themselves with your personal life, just how fun the roleplaying is....

Your world or mine? (by a die-hard gamer)
    Hey! You said my character died? Ok, what do I see now? (not so last words of the character Elvona tia by her player)

Downloads
    Uploads
    True, I have found the gaming community to be very open-minded. Must be part of being creative.

Heck, the first gay people I ever met were avid gamers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huzzah and greetings!
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the boards.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome !

I hope you'll find open minded players on the players registry. And I'm sure you'll enjoy our nice thought provoking community
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the site.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is that distance thing happening again. Curse that. Good luck in your game search.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Matt hope you enjoy the site. Hope to see you in the forums real soon.
    Chi-Halfling

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey Matt, I wouldn't worry about being a transgender there in the bible belt.
    The first thing they will probably say to you is that you are going to burn in hell because you are a gamer! Lol, they wil be more worried that u game. I know that in the town I live in, the supper religious community members labeled me as a Satanic worshipper or a witch. Or that I am luring the teenage boys (who gamed in our group) with alcohol or drugs for sexual favors. Never mind that I had two teenage sons at the time with their friends just visiting. Have fun with our group here!

Your world or mine? (by a die-hard gamer)
    Hey! You said my character died? Ok, what do I see now? (not so last words of the character Elvona tia by her player)