Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New Old guy
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Old guy

Downloads
    Uploads

New Old guy

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Missed this forum the first time through here. I am a dinosaur who has played off and on since 76, more off than on because of raising family and work and school and life in general. Lost my boxed sets but still have my 2nd ed books and although I have 4e I prefer the 3.5. It just seems to be more D&D to me or its the hours memorizing the PHB that has me prejudiced. Used to have to draw up our own character sheets and then run them off carefully in the mimeograph machine. The clay tablets broke occasionally but they were easy to fix. You just had to be careful not to smear the smudges from the copy candle. Later we got paper and ink but that smeared too and the paper wasn't as easy to repair when it broke. Besides my brother would use the paper sheets to roll his own corn silk cigarettes and those were really hard to fix. Anyhoo I have this new computer now and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I really miss my clay tablets and my sharp stick. Looking to find a PBP game if I can but would really like to play face to face with pencil and paper. My last group broke up, I'm old and disabled so travel isn't much of an option for me and the nearest gamers that I know of and game store is 45 miles from me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff. Btw, us old folk refer to ourselves as lich's, or something cool like that, i do anyway. Good to have you on the boards, and welcome to the family. Hope to see you in many thread conversations to come.

In all seriousness, many of us here have played since the mid '70's. Myself being one of them. Just means we have higher wisdom stats than most. (;
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. Good to see another gamer from the beginnig on here. Looking forward to read your input on the various topics on here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huzzah and greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Good stuff. Btw, us old folk refer to ourselves as lich's, or something cool like that, i do anyway. Good to have you on the boards, and welcome to the family. Hope to see you in many thread conversations.

In all seriousness, many of us here have played since the mid '70's. Myself being one of them. Just means we have higher wisdom stats than most. (;
    So, if you are all liches, which one is the demilich or Vecna. (Which ever one is higher?)
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe Vecna was the highest and a demilich is at least 18th level. Sooo, that would make me a wannabe demilich since i am only around 15th level... but hey, i'm near 16th level. Of course in my games, *lich's never stop advancing in abilities, so one day i too will attain god-hood.

*Never made any sense to me to disallow advances in class even though the undead lich continues to study magic. Where's the fun in that?
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome on board
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanky kindly. I will endeavor to do my utmost to learn from and take advantage of whatever you have to offer and hopefully to tickle a few giggles along the way. I look in my mirror at my white hair and beard and my mirror says "Good Morning you good looking man." In the back ground I can hear him whisper "Dinosaur". It is a well trained mirror but kind of sassy and I can't really argue. Sometimes like right now after an hour on the range shooting I feel like a creaky old fossil and that puts me past Lich straight to dinosaur.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Grumpy, welcome to the forum. You don't sound so old, in fact you sound about as old as me. lol Shoot, I didn't discover PRG's until I was in my thirties and am in my third decade still gaining speed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Grumpy can't wait to hear more about you in the forums.
    Chi-Halfling

Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome oh fellow Grognard.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    By Grognard I hope you mean I'm a crusty old RPG type and not the old guard veteran soldier of Napoleons army. I'm old but not that old.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never underestimate the power of denial. I may be 16th level on these boards, but i am at the epic-demigod levels in the magickal art and discipline of Denial.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    By Grognard I hope you mean I'm a crusty old RPG type and not the old guard veteran soldier of Napoleons army. I'm old but not that old.
    I could swear I saw you there.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He was, tesral. I saw him there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast