Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Help me flesh an Elf

Downloads
    Uploads

Help me flesh an Elf

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So I've been invited to create my first 4e character, and mechanically it's fine, I've been able to write the outlines of a nice Elf fighter. No real trouble there.

My problem is : I don't know anything about Forgotten Realms, whatever the version. I want to have a nice background story and I could make up some generic lonesome Elven cowboy kind of stuff but I wish I could have a concept that integrates well in the FR 4e context. I'm not going to buy books. I'm not going to read a 60 pages pdf either. But I'm taking every advice, links, explanations you guys can toss my way. Thanks !
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Mac Who Else Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    well you might have to do a slight reading, but you could always make him of been a young soldier for one of the cities, and his squad were ambushed by Drow raiders and he got away not by his skill but because he panicked and ran...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oops....sorry, I thought this was the "Help me Flush an Elf" thread
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and the adventure starts in Loudwater btw.

Thanks Mc Who Else, I'm looking for a more global context. I'm perusing a FR wiki right now which helps ideas sprouting, but it's quite dry and far too focused on far away history and theology for my need. I'm still looking for your input guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your "Blind Weapon Master Renegoscinny" was murdered by orders of an spoiled teenager elven noble which in turn during your "rage" you killed. You were senteced in Evermeet to death, you managed to escape, and now you are looking for your Master's half little brother "Abertuderzo" to give him your master's sword "Destin Vert".

Although it is your intention to find Albertuderzo while avoiding notice, Your training as a "Justice Warrior" has instilled in you a sense of social responsibility, forcing you to repeatedly come out into the open to fight for the oppressed. After such encounters, you are compelled to leave to stay ahead of the Elven King assassins.

Eh! Is so good that I bet it will make a great TV Series!

Last edited by Dimthar; 09-30-2008 at 10:41 PM.
    Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obelix ! You stole some magic potion haven't you ? You're all loopy and stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Really ...

How about carrying around your "Battle Master Sword" (Powerful Magic Item), but you can not use it. You need to find a Powerful, Just, Honorable, Good Warrior to give it to him.

So you are on this "Quest" to find the person who truly deserves your "Master's Weapon".
    Your Master gave you 5 Qualities / Tests to identify the Hero.

Either the DM uses them to allocate the weapon with an NPC, or he can make you go through those tests and eventually it ends with you being the "Chosen Warrior" and the Quest was the last lesson from your Master.

You know that if it falls in the wrong hands, great evil will rule the world.

The way I will rule it is that is an "Intelligent Item", It has imprinted the personality of the last owner, and only High-Level Characters have the willpower to break the weapon's resistance to the new owner (that way if it is stolen by the Super-Villain, you have X amount of time before the sword becomes evil).

Your DM may even allow you to talk to it
    Sword: - Master Wushu would never have allowed that.
    Sword: - Master Wushu would never sleep with an inocent girl.
    Sword: - Master Wushu would ..... blah ... blah .... blah.

Last edited by Dimthar; 09-17-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: New ideas
    Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought this was the thread for elves that need skin to cover their bodies!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why does Forgotten Realms always have to deal with dark elves? (No, I am not going to go into a Drizzt rant like some other gamers I know. I can C&P one if needed). I do know that there are Moon Elves that live in the Moon Forest (Who knew?) and I am sure there are other groups of surface elves, why not be one that is some kind of emisarry, going between two and you get tangled up into something.
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MuslixtheMighty View Post
    Why does Forgotten Realms always have to deal with dark elves?
    I don't know. Personally I'm fine with a common wood elf for my character. It seems the High Forest is a decent place for his origin. The wiki I'm getting my info from says wood elves are trying to take over this land... Though it might have changed after spellplague and I'll have to check with my GM. But it seems like the perfect cradle for the impetuous racist elf with a need for anger management program that starts to shape in my head.

I do know that there are Moon Elves that live in the Moon Forest (Who knew?) and I am sure there are other groups of surface elves, why not be one that is some kind of emisarry, going between two and you get tangled up into something.
    I didn't find much about moon elves. Except they come in the grey/silver flavor I couldn't figure what would be interesting about them...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boulet View Post
    I didn't find much about moon elves. Except they come in the grey/silver flavor I couldn't figure what would be interesting about them...
    According to the FR Player's Guide (4E), Sun Elves and Moon Elves are now officially "Eladrin". Wood Elves and Wild Elves are "Elves".

High Forest Elves since they were close to Silverymoon City are part of a multiracial alliance, I know the spell plague may have changed things, but I guess they were not as "bigot" as you may have think. Although you don't need to fit the stereotype, that is granted.

But I guess, based on the background available, Evermeet Elves are more likely to be racist.
    Last edited by Dimthar; 09-19-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: English
    Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimthar View Post
    but I guess they were not as "bigot" as you may have thing. Although you don't need to fit the stereotype, that is granted.
    Yeah I changed a bit the focus of the character and tossed the racist thing. He's actually kind of fascinated by humans in both attraction/repulsion kind of way. This and the fact he's immature and needs anger management therapy explains why he's a vagabond now. The GM is completely novice about FR, so the setting isn't actually much of an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read a Forgotten Relams novel. That could give u a idea.