Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Character Generator

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Character Generator

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Can anyone recommend something like this...

http://www.pathguy.com/cg4.htm

...only finished? I'm brand new to 4E, haven't played in 20 years, and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the books. I'm more of a visual learner, not a book learner, and a (finished) tool like what PathGuy has would be a great help to me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ChaunceyK; 10-13-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    Dave (aka ChaunceyK)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wizards stated that they will have closed Beta on their character generator relatively soon considering that they are going live with paid susbscriptions as of today. I have not seen many character generators out there, but I know that Hero Forge is a good option. While not a generator, it is a fill in the blanks spread sheet that kind of holds your hand as you go through. I would give up a link, but I am at work and the site is blocked by the firewall here. A quick google search will reveal it in no time though.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Googling worked, thanks. But it appears their 4e version is incomplete as well.

Anyone else?
    Dave (aka ChaunceyK)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shucks! Ah well, one will pop up soon for i guarantee there are dnd fans programming them as we speak. Some of the coolest stuff on the net are creations of big-time fans.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, when it does, I'm sure someone will post about it here.
    Dave (aka ChaunceyK)

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaunceyK View Post
    Well, when it does, I'm sure someone will post about it here.
    No doubt about it. We have a great community here and everyone likes to keep his/her gamer brothers and sisters well informed. I'm sure it will be posted here within an hour of it being posted on the net.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalanth View Post
    Wizards stated that they will have closed Beta on their character generator relatively soon considering that they are going live with paid susbscriptions as of today. I have not seen many character generators out there, but I know that Hero Forge is a good option. While not a generator, it is a fill in the blanks spread sheet that kind of holds your hand as you go through. I would give up a link, but I am at work and the site is blocked by the firewall here. A quick google search will reveal it in no time though.
    You are correct, Wizards went live with the paid subscription and plan to release a Beta to any paid subscriber.

At the Gencon convention, they also had a beta running as they were using it so players can write up characters for the RPGA events. I found the program very good. There were some bugs (as expected in the early beta) but a very good program. I believe my players and I will use it extensively in the future.

They also had beta's running for the other programs as well. Again very buggy but showed promise.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frank634 View Post
    You are correct, Wizards went live with the paid subscription and plan to release a Beta to any paid subscriber.

At the Gencon convention, they also had a beta running as they were using it so players can write up characters for the RPGA events. I found the program very good. There were some bugs (as expected in the early beta) but a very good program. I believe my players and I will use it extensively in the future.

They also had beta's running for the other programs as well. Again very buggy but showed promise.
    I'm looking forward to the alpha release of said programs. Wont that be nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up a nice character sheet generator from http://dnd4.com/dd-4th-edition-character-sheet . You can download the Excel file and just fill in the blanks. I won't use anything else now.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just found a nice one here...

http://www.ibisfightclub.co.uk/dnd

...and it even makes power cards!
    Dave (aka ChaunceyK)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having played with the WoTC character builder I can say that is the best character designer I have seen yet. Easy to use, makes a nice character sheet, and does power cards along with a few other perks. Definetly worth it once it goes full version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im not sure if it does 4e or not but "hero lab" is a nice program usuable for more than one game (you just need to get the rules downloaded from the site) but i wont use anything else to make an npc for anygame these days really streamlines the whole thing and for d10 games even calculates dicepools google it to find it