Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Guy
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

Downloads
    Uploads

New Guy

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello to all the members of Pen & Paper Games.

I'm a new gamer in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area who was introduced to Dungeons and Dragons two years ago by my employer when I worked at a game store. Since then, I've come to enjoy the New World of Darkness by White Wolf and have gotten considerable experience being the Storyteller for games in that system (none of my new friends wanted the responsibility, even though they had much more experience with it than I did).

I look forward to meeting my fellow gamers here.

As a side note, I'm a fan of long-term games (I'm talking about spending years in a campaign) though most of the gamers I know don't seem interested/have the staying power for games like that and the veteran gamers (from the time of the Original Dungeons and Dragons) have told me in no uncertain terms that particular type of game is dying out. Are they right about that? Does anyone know of/like such long-term games these days? or is it just my obsessive-compulsive nature poking through?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Once again, it's nice to meet everyone (sort of...).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant !

Welcome to PnPG ! I hope you find many fellow players on the players registry. We live in the zap/remote control era so yeah I think long lived campaign are going to be hard to find. The commitment and regularity can be a hassle too. The tendency of many new games is to reduce prep time or even to be "pickup games" attractive to people who like the change of atmosphere every other session. IMHO it takes both a fantastic GM who stimulates his players a lot and a solid group of friends (like outside of the hobby) to pull the trick these days.

Don't get zapped !
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huzzah and greetings!
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the boards.

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and good luck finding a game/group that works for you.

While I think long-term games are becoming more rare, they do still exist. It's just a matter of getting the right group together with the right game. I've had at least 3 campaigns over the last 8 years that lasted between 18-24 months of weekly 10 to 12 hour gaming sessions (75-100 sessions of play). That's certainly nothing compared to the grognards who play the same character for 10 years at a time, but it was definately lengthy enough to see some really epic character development (one of the D&D campaigns ran from 1st to 20th level and my long-term Star Wars campaign spanned 6 years of in-game time).

Yes, this was back in my "college" days and life just does not permit that kind of gaming frequency anymore. But we still get in our bi-weekly games. I'm coming up on about the 5th month of my current Star Wars campaign.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First welcome to the site.

Second, I hope long term games aren't dieing out. I for one would love to play in one that lasted a few years, the biggest problem is that I move all the time. I need a different job

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the Forums, hope you can find a good long term group near you
    Chi-Halfling

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. Hope you can find a longer term game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, Mr. God-Emperor, sir.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hello and wecome to pin and paper games
    DEVIL DUCK MADE ME DO IT

DUSTER

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yo! As for information, wear sunscreen, best advice I have.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome. spread some light while you are here. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello and welcome!

Welcome,
    There seems to be several gamers in the Twin Cities but getting everyone together is trouble some to say the least.

See ya,
    Thorgrimm

Downloads
    Uploads

Another new Guy

Hello everyone Im new to this site and the forums. I live in Lowell michigan its pretty close to Grand Rapids about 20 min away. Im looking for a game to get into in my area, to meet some new people and just have a good time. Its been about 2 years since i played D&D mostly so i may have to blow the dust off my player handbook but i cant wait to start playing again. If anyone in my area needs a player for D&D 3.0 or 3.5 or any d20 game really let me know and maybe we can swap info and get something going. Anyways great site you guys have here and its nice to know theres a few tabletop rpgers around still.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hello everyone Im new to this site and the forums. I live in Lowell michigan its pretty close to Grand Rapids about 20 min away. Im looking for a game to get into in my area, to meet some new people and just have a good time. Its been about 2 years since i played D&D mostly so i may have to blow the dust off my player handbook but i cant wait to start playing again. If anyone in my area needs a player for D&D 3.0 or 3.5 or any d20 game really let me know and maybe we can swap info and get something going. Anyways great site you guys have here and its nice to know theres a few tabletop rpgers around still.
    Huzzah and greetings! How is the land of "Free Beer and Hot Wings"?
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast