Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member looking to GM a Star Wars Saga Ed. Campaign

Downloads
    Uploads

New Member looking to GM a Star Wars Saga Ed. Campaign

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Okay, I've certainly gotten the response I was after.

So far:
    * GBVenkman - Male Human Jedi (17/18)
    * Inquisitor Tremayne - Female (Human/Twi'lek) (Scoundrel/Noble)
    * russdm - (Male/Female) Rodian Scoundrel

We'll be starting at first level, but potentially levelling up quite rapidly.

In order to get things under way, I'll tell you your starting credits each as soon as I know your class in a PM.

As a little aside, I've been listening to the Order 66 podcasts, and when I do one day get a chance to play Saga as a player, I am so taking a Noble or Scoundrel. The number of starting skills is a huge advantage.

One thing about the campaign, everything that happens in Canon basically has happened, except for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. It was terrible, but a few worlds were left untouched, such as Nar Shaddaa. In short, don't bother me with "But the Vong destroyed that world" because I don't care. Try to think of it this way, they did some very bad stuff, but think of it in a general way.

Original Post:
    Hi All,

Star Wars Saga Edition is my first RPG experience. I GM a game with a couple of friends but it's very sporadic, and I'd like to game more often, hence I'm here.

I've only GM'ed once before, and this would be my first time online, so there may be some hiccups as I find my feet, but I'm very keen and I work hard at my campaign, (I should stop treating this like a job interview).

I'm looking for a few players, maybe 3-5, who can post at least I would say twice a week mid week, and hey, if they can post twice on the weekends as well that would be great. I have seen in the past that the biggest problem seems to be campaigns that lose momentum. I will be doing my best to prevent this. Hopefully I can get at least three players in the next few days and we can get started straight away.

The campaign will be set during the Legacy Era, just prior to the events that spark off the comic series. The Empire declares war on the Galactic Alliance after the Galactic Alliance suffered a major political setback by backing the failed Yuuzhan Vong Terraforming project. The campaign will not be about these major political events, at least not to begin with. If the players want to get embroiled in them later, that's fine.

Character creation is mostly up to the player, though I may make a few changes I consider necessary. We'll be using the point buy system with a budget of 27 points.

I encourage all classes, however I would prefer some diversification and skill-taking. The campaign events will play towards whatever skills are taken, they will be used, as well as any gaping holes exploited. There will be starship action, probably not enough to warrant starship maneuvres though.

Any Jedi will start out at student level, with a master determined by me, who will play a varying role, mostly minimal. All characters will be at an age where they would conceivably be active in the galaxy without supervision, so a Jedi Student would need to be at least 17, etc.

If you're interested, please post ASAP so we can get underway.

If anyone has any advice or tools they use for online Play-by-Post, I'd love that too.

Thanks
    Last edited by Roderz; 04-21-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: UPDATE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This would be interesting, I am looking for resources on how to make a character, if you have any help in this that would help immensely
    [green=#]nospaces here except between words[/blue] need this for dice roller

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...?t=6024&page=2 Deacon

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

hey there,

I can post weekends and during the week for the most part during the evenings (I support myself while going to college). I've GM'd for Saga before, so I'm savvy on the rules.

I'm open to playing any class really, I just don't know much about the legacy time period. I usually stick to rise of the empire or rebellion, so it'll be new for me.

looking forward to playing then if you've got room!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dndmaster View Post
    This would be interesting, I am looking for resources on how to make a character, if you have any help in this that would help immensely
    I'm not exactly sure what you're after, if you don't have access to the SWSE Core Rulebook things might be difficult.

If you're looking for a character sheet, there's several on the net, including an official one on http://www.wizards.com. There are also some handy excel tools around.

Glad to have you aboard GBVenkman.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Roderz View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're after, if you don't have access to the SWSE Core Rulebook things might be difficult.

If you're looking for a character sheet, there's several on the net, including an official one on http://www.wizards.com. There are also some handy excel tools around.

Glad to have you aboard GBVenkman.

Cool, thanks. I'll write something up and send you it if you wish. Is it point buy? Money? Etc.

edit: NM, it's in your OP. Duh..
    Last edited by GBVenkman; 04-18-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Count me in!

I'm all about it!

I love the Saga Edition and I love Star Wars and I love the Legacy comics!

Fun!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Count me in also, one question... what lvl we starting at? Doesn't say above.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, what level.

And what is everyone wanting to play?

I'm thinking Human or Rodian Soldier/Elite Trooper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    guess it all depends on the level, I have never played Star Wars before so, playing a Jedi may be fun. I am experianced with role playing though and can post once a day at a min.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, if there still space, I would like to get in on this. I would go for Jedi, Soldier or Scout. Maybe scoundral. Species I'm looking at would be Human, Wookie, Rodian, Kel Dor, Twi'lek, Trandoshan. Chiss would sound fun, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my character rolled on paper btw. Defensive/dex wis jedi male and human. Probably 17 or 18.

Just need to type it up and post it basically.

Please update!

Would be fun to play with more jedi. From my last game, it seems jedi work well in groups

Would be cool to get a noble in though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, original post updated with pertinant info.

Four so far, I may allow one more.

dndmaster, are you right for rules/character creation etc?

For those who don't have a solid idea for their characters, I will allow one other Jedi, but no more, I would become worried about the party being too heavily combat oriented. I would really like to see a noble, if for no other reason than to cover some bases with skills, since Jedi can be quite limited. On second thought, as long as two party members are not Soldier or Jedi, we should be fine.

As far as races go, Core Rulebook and any other official race is fine, i.e. Devaronian, Pau'n Dug, Zeltron etc from various sources, official only. For other races I'd have to read up on their rules first.

Just a note as well, I'm in Australia, GMT +10:00. I can post a bit at work, but won't have access to a rulebook there, so my nitty-gritty posting will probably be from home in the evenings. Just to let you know when I'll probably post.

This has certainly progressed quickly. If anyone else out there is interested, this is quickly becoming your last chance. Anyone interested will have to be either Scout, Scoundrel or Noble.

Finally, we're starting at level 1.

Players, PM me your Character Stat Blocks and Character Concepts ASAP and we'll get underway very soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. I have my character up soon. I'm on the California coast so I guess there's a 6 hour difference. So if I post at night here (best time for me to post), it may still be day time for you. Let me know what is best.

edit: I may take a lvl of noble or scout later to balance things out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be doing a scoundrel/noble multi-class and probably go into gunslinger and crimelord.

Will have character ready soon.

I might be a female human or twi'lek.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I will go with a Rodian Scoundral and take some Scout levels. I was leaning towards a Trando Jedi or Soldier, but playing a Rodian sounds cool. I was wondering though, can I have a Tenloss Disrupter gun? Like the Rodians in Jedi Outcast get? Please? If not I understand.

Do you just want our ability scores? How do we do starting money? I will be making my Roddie today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast