Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Thrower Palm Throw

Downloads
    Uploads

Master Thrower Palm Throw

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The errata for Complete Warrior say that the master thrower's palm throw counts as a volley attack. I'm not familiar with the term "volley attack" in D&D mechanics; can anyone tell me what it means and where I'd find it discussed? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i seem to recall that it is basically multiple thrown attacks... but i'm not certain where i saw it. the only place in the srd that i find that term is in reference to the manticore's volley of spikes attack. ^^ i'll have to go poke around a bit and see what i find.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    i seem to recall that it is basically multiple thrown attacks... but i'm not certain where i saw it. the only place in the srd that i find that term is in reference to the manticore's volley of spikes attack. ^^ i'll have to go poke around a bit and see what i find.
    Thanks!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm at a loss too. I'll make a call today and find out. How's the weather in Fairfax, btw? I miss living there... plenty of great memories.

I lived in Briarwood Estates, off of Braddock road(on Marcus Court). They build the police station right on Braddock next to the entrance of our housing area before i left. One of my highschool girlfriends is a cop there now. She promises me a good frisking against the squad car if ever i come and visit. I'm thinking i need to visit. (;

Thoth-Amon
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-07-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    I'm at a loss too. I'll make a call today and find out. How's the weather in Fairfax, btw? I miss living there... plenty of great memories.

I lived in Briarwood Estates, off of Braddock road(on Marcus Court). They build the police station right on Braddock next to the entrance of our housing area before i left. One of my highschool girlfriends is a cop there now. She promises me a good frisking against the squad car if ever i come and visit. I'm thinking i need to visit. (;

Thoth-Amon
    Thanks! Who will you call? It's 80 and sunny today. I found the location you mentioned on the map, not too far east of Mason. I'm not familiar with a police station around there though. I'd be happy though to go meet your ex-girlfriend and get your frisking by proxy for you.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been breaking the 100 degree mark here. Just dry and hot. 6 months of the same freakin' temperature, daily. S'pose to finally let off a bit today. Hoping so. They said that in last weeks forcast, though. I do miss Va.'s seasons and pretty consistent white winters and 12am snow football games under a full moon(we played before doing our respective paper routes. Cops drove by and laughed at us, some saying that they wished they were kids again. Curfew never applied to kids with paperboy sack on our persons. I'll never get use to 80+ degree Christmas's. Just weird... and wrong, somehow.

I'll be sure to relay your offer to her. She has plenty of hot female cop friends that i am sure will happily ablige just so long as "you realize that they carry the bigger guns"(her words). LOL

When leaving Briarwood Estates, take a left(towards GMU). It's about a quarter mile down the road on the left. I believe it's a county police station.

Made one attempt thus far for the info your looking for. No answer. I'll keep trying.

Thoth-Amon
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-07-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been breaking the 100 degree mark here. Just dry and hot. 6 months of the same freakin' temperature, daily. S'pose to finally let off a bit today. Hoping so. They said the in last weeks forcast, though. I do miss Va.'s seasons and pretty consistent white winters. I'll never get use to 80+ degree Christmas's. Just weird... and wrong, somehow.

I'll be sure to relay your offer to her. She has plenty of hot female cop friends that i am sure will happily ablige just so long as "you realize that they carry the bigger guns"(her words). LOL

When leaving Briarwood Estates, take a left(towards GMU). It's about a quarter mile down the road on the left. I believe it's a county police station.

Made one attempt thus far for the info your looking for. No answer. I'll keep trying.

Thoth-Amon
    Tee hee! Thanks! I actually have a couple of big guns myself, but they're only semi-automatic, so while hers might not actually be bigger, they could be faster.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    might not want to make a point of bringing them to show her, or her friends, however. ^^ so i take it this has been threadjacked to a master thrower as in throwing yourself upon the mercy of hot female cops....
    Last edited by nijineko; 09-07-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nijineko's advice is wise, ...and is there a better way to be threadjacked? LOL

Give me a general location of your residence, celestialbarbarian. I am curious to see where it is on the map from my old stomping grounds.

Thoth-Amon
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-07-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    nijineko's advice is wise, ...and is there a better way to be threadjacked? LOL

Give me a general location of your residence, celestialbarbarian. I am curious to see where it is on the map from my old stomping grounds.

Thoth-Amon
    I live near the intersection of of Highway 50 and Picket. By the way, I missed your earlier comment about the heat. Although I tend to prefer hot and try to hot and humid.

might not want to make a point of bringing them to show her, or her friends, however. ^^ so i take it this has been treadjacked to a master thrower as in throwing yourself upon the mercy of hot female cops....
    Hee hee!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i prefer cool and humid, thank you. ^^ truly a child of the forested hills and valleys. i can breathe perfectly well in 100% humidity, and in fact, start wheezing if it gets too dry.

good place to practice throwing skills, incidentally, those hills and valleys. ;D

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An elf! <pointing in your direction>

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lack the ears, not to mention the spot, listen and search skills... just ask the wife! ;D

honey? where is the....?
    what did you say, dear?
    did you happen to see where i put down that thing i was just holding in my hand?
    so, not an elf. =D despite what the "what are you d&d quiz" says.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i prefer cool and humid, thank you. ^^ truly a child of the forested hills and valleys. i can breathe perfectly well in 100% humidity, and in fact, start wheezing if it gets too dry.

good place to practice throwing skills, incidentally, those hills and valleys. ;D
    The earliest human ancestors started in the Olduvai Gorge, in a hot and dry part of Africa. We're designed to exchange heat primarily through the evaporation of perspiration, which works better the drier the air. The more humidity already in the air, the higher the body's temperature must rise to evaporate the perspiration. So we're designed my nature (or God) to live in a hot, arid environment. In Denver, I could run in the middle of a summer day with the temperature in the 90s because the low humidity allowed my body to evaporate perspiration at a lower body temperature. The first time I tried to run in the middle of a summer day in humid Iowa, my body temperature spiked, I got heat stroke, and I had to walk him. Iowa is dry compared to DC, which is built in a swamp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lack the ears, not to mention the spot, listen and search skills... just ask the wife! ;D

so, not an elf. =D despite what the "what are you d&d quiz" says.
    Bah! The ear stuff is just Keebler propaganda! There's no mention anywhere in Tolkien or the Norse sagas of elves having pointed ears!

Edit: Wait, you have a wife...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast