Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your 4E character

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your 4E character

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So tell us all about the great new character you've made for 4E.

I was thinking of going with a Dwarven Ranger.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads

chainmail conceals a modest bust pretty well

Darenna is an elven cleric of Pelor, specializing in Wisdom-based holy-light attacks and defense/healing prayers. She is also impersonating a male and going by the name Lucanar. (Long story.) The other PCs discovered the gender thing while performing a Heal check to pull her out of negative hit points last session, but they didn't bring up the issue in-character, so as far as Darenna knows she's still fooling everyone.

I've geared this character up for maximum radiant damage -- lots of radiant powers, highest score in Wisdom, racial Wis bonus, Astral Fire feat for +1 radiant damage. I go after the armored guys first since they're likely to have crap Reflex defenses, but of course I can always hit someone with my mace instead. I'm getting great mileage out of Healing Word too, since my party (there are only 3 of us, all 1st-level) needs healing all the damn time.

I've got a spare character drawn up as well: a dragonborn (cold breath) named Gannin, a former circus performer who's now (or will be, if I end up using him) on a mission to avenge the death of his brothers. He's a Rogue, and I've set him up for +damage as well, using daggers and shuriken along with Weapon Focus: light blade, the Brutal Scoundrel build, and 16s in Str and Dex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am the DM, but the party is filled with interesting charactes.

We just had our Eladrin Warlord / Warlock leave the party but he was certainly an interesting character. Inspiring the party and providing healing while using his eye bite to get an upper hand on the enemies. The player was planning to do full multiclass so no paragon path for this one.

Vix is a Half-elf wizard that, because the DM said so, also has the Lay on Hands ability. She makes use of many different status spells and is in love with her Ray of Frost as she does all she can to slow the enemy. Very standoff-ish when it comes to interaction, but this is a shy wizard.

Malik is the Brute human rogue with the high initiative. It was his belief that he should always go first and that generally is true for him. The man swipped at a dragon with a dagger and dealt nearly 50 hp damage. Course this means that his reputation is spreading thanks to those that see his work and live by running, and so the enemy has started to focus on him.

Sidd is an extra dimensional traveler. A former Knight of the Rose come to my homebrew world, now defined as a Paladin. Sidd stands in the front and holds his position against all odds. Though the world is strange to him, Sidd has found his home with the others to be quite welcoming. Last session Sidd branched out and is now a Paladin / Ranger.

I will have two or three new players in the next session so there will likely be more to add here.
    Last edited by Kalanth; 09-01-2008 at 11:07 AM.

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Karrak is my Dragonbron (cold breath) Paladin of Erathis. He likes to take orders, but so far the party has not figured that out. He's charisma focused with Str as his dump stat. With Astral Speech, he is well on his way to becoming a busy talker, and his bark with be as nasty as his bite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am making an Eladrin Rogue! Her name is Leshanna!
    Chi-Halfling

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Morton Stromgal Dwarf Paladin... a reincarnation of an old character

Morton started out a Fighter (AD&D 2nd) then moved into the roll of Cleric (3.0 & 3.5) for a number of years and finally now has settled into a new role as a Paladin for 4e
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've talked about Oriana Dunharrow, the Tiefling Warlord, in other threads:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...4604#post34604

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...9509#post39509

See also the campaign thread:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=6589
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someday I hope to play a character in 4e. I just need to make sure my schedule is clear for the meetup I guess.

Characters in my game include and have included:

Bellavixi, Tiefling Warlock. Survivor of a senseless feudal war, she aspires to the values of the Paladin that raised her.

Garn: Dragonborn Warlord. His destiny is to lead his refugee clan to reclaim his homeland, an expidition he was recently called away to undertake.

Kalena: Human Wizard with an overpowering thirst for knowledge.

Kyri: Elf Ranger, adventuring to escape her destiny as a bureaucrat.

Markas: Half-Elven Paladin of the Raven Queen, living by the credo that honor and glory is merely the road to an early grave.

Rhegar: Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut. Singleminded in his devotion to Law and Good, he's often the force that keeps the group on track. Recently left the group to accompany Garn.

Tavia: Human Cleric of Kord. Was looking forward to joining her family on their merchant expeditions when her calling as a warrior-priest called her away.

Travis: Human Rogue, struggling just to get by. Met a sticky end early on when underestimating a grave hound.

Yvala: Tiefling Rogue. On the run from being the wrong assassin at the wrong time, she's joined the group looking for a quick escape from her homeland.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aside: There are four Dragonborn named in this thread, and they've all chosen cold as their breath weapon- I haven't run the numbers, but what's the appeal?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its frosty? All the dragonborn players I have come across choose the Cold breath as well. Must be something about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My fiances dragonborn is doing acid, but I thought could would be neat. He told me that a fighting dragonborn with acid could eat through armor and kill anything, we will see.
    Chi-Halfling

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the DM character.....

In my group we have:

Dragonborn Paladin
    Dragonborn Warlord
    Eladrin Rogue
    Eladrin Wizard

Variety is the spice of life eh?

Dead characters in this campaign include:
    Elf Ranger
    Human Warlord
    Human Fighter
    Human Warlock

Interesting....

Characters I would like to play (in no particular order)
    Bugbear Ranger
    Doppleganger Wizard
    Minotaur Fighter

Maybe it's a good thing I am the DM....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdar View Post
    Aside: There are four Dragonborn named in this thread, and they've all chosen cold as their breath weapon- I haven't run the numbers, but what's the appeal?
    It's the perfect excuse when the party is readying for battle for one of the other PCs to utter the line:

"Stay frosty."

HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't decide between:

Dragonborn Fighter
    Elf Ranger
    Eladrin Wizard
    Human Cleric

Don't know which to pick. all of them are cool. (kinda leaning away from the cleric).

HELP!!!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    Can't decide between:

Dragonborn Fighter
    Elf Ranger
    Eladrin Wizard
    Human Cleric

Don't know which to pick. all of them are cool. (kinda leaning away from the cleric).

HELP!!!!
    What are the other classes in your group? I always find it best when trying to choose between multiple concepts to consider what the others are player to avoid redundancy or leaving crucial "gaps" in party capability.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast