Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Catechism of Konigsdottir: Chapter the First: Proverbial Estuarys

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The room is bare, save for the artwork, and plain wood. Closely looking at the woodwork, does not reveal any familiar styles, but does show signs of having been rubbed to a satiny finish, and of expert craftsmanship.

    Turning to the artwork, it is abstract, somewhat geometrical in design and execution. There are portions which almost seem to resolve into something, but your eyes keep trying to find a beginning or end to the pattern. Between the odd effect, and the rocking of the ship, any prolonged study of the art seems to induce vertigo.

    Other than the fold-down chair, there is no furniture. Just the netting hanging from above, and hooked off to one side. It seems to contain padding or blankets rolled up inside. Giving up on the surroundings, you begin your prayers. After only a short while, there is a double tap, and the door is opened. You hear someone say, "Oh." And then whisper, "Forgive me for disturbing your meditations."

    The person sets a tray very quietly on the floor, and does something to the wall letting down a tiny waist-height table. The tray slips into grooves, and a peg is used to keep it in place.

    The person bows slightly in your direction, and quietly steps out closing the door again. The smell of cooked fish reaches you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Rilde eats and waits

    Rilde finishes her prayers, eats, then begins a vigorous set of exercises designed to show her strength, to please Kord. Once that's done she bathes (or at least cleans up water and a cloth) and waits for a little while (half an hour or so). After that she begins to be quite impatient. {I'll indicate what she does in that case if it gets that far.}

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The time passes slowly, now that your exercises are finished. There is little to see, and only a narrow view available from the cabin porthole. The various fingerholds on the wall, while clever, soon exhaust their possibilities, proving to be small niches and cubbies for the storing of objects. A shallow fold-out lavatory allows you to clean up a bit, if somewhat awkwardly.

    The ship, while visually uninteresting, is awash with familiar sounds. The familiar slap-splash of the waves, the creaking and twanging of the rigging and sails, the cry of birds. Even the calls of the oddly melodic basso voices are the sounds of sailors everywhere.

    You are just about reaching the end of your patience when there is a polite double tap at the door.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Rilde's response

    Somewhat sharply: "Enter!"

    She is sitting on her bed, looking slightly grouchy (which she is; she's not used to sitting still for so long).

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    There is a sliding sound and the door opens. A crew-being, somewhat thin and wiry looking, half-bows to you. He steps back and to one side, gesturing that you should come out. He is dressed as the others in clothes of a light and simple cut of neutral colors.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Rilde follows

    "Let's go!" She stands up and waits for the "man" to proceed.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    After a momentary hesitation, he proceeds. He leads you down a short hall and around a corner to the left, past more panels-which after a moment-you associate with your door. Instead of opening out into the hall or into the room, they all appear to be made to slide into the walls. He stops in the hall between two wider panels, one on each side of the hallway, and taps on the one to his right. The vertical slats that make up these doors have been carved into decorative designs. Over his shoulder you see the hall continue past more panels and make another left.

    A low voice is heard, and the crew-being opens the panel and again steps aside gesturing you in with a half-bow.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Rilde moves in

    (Sorry for delay, didn't realize you were waiting for me.)
    Rilde strides in and looks around for someone in command. She says firmly and with a touch of irritation, "I'm here and I've accepted temporary imprisonment. Thank you for taking me on your ship, but I want to know what will happen to me. I am willing to work for my passage. I would also like to know where we are and where we're going."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You step into a finely appointed room, which must take up the entire upper back portion of the ship. Something clear fills large portions of the back wall, giving a fine view of the waters. The waters seem a very different color, and the waves are much gentler than what you are used to seeing. There is a low table in the center around which are numerous backrests that sit flush upon the floor. A small hanging lamp, adorned with numerous slender tinkling crystals encasing globes of some liquid in which floats small objects giving forth light. There are hangings and floor coverings, the wood surfaces are all of a finely colored and satiny looking polish, gleaming-almost glowing. Around the table sit a number of goblinoids, you count nine. Among them you recognize San-ji, sitting with his back towards the windows. From the attitude and positions of the others you intuit that he is of some importance, likely the figure of authority that you seek.

    The expressions on the faces of those who have turned to see your entrance range from shocked to disapproving to blank to amused. San-ji himself has a somewhat bemused expression on his face. He gestures towards you, "Lo-fan, will you be so kind as to remove the bond from our guest. Here, she is to be treated as Lady. Wave's Foam would not have it another way." The goblinoid who escorted you steps forward and you feel his touch on your wrist. There is a moment of odd warmness, and then he is removing the ribbon from your wrists.
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-20-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Rilde continues

    She stretches her arms. "San-ji--is that how I should address you?--thank you for seeing me. So, what's to become of me?"

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    He regards you a moment, silently. You feel the weight of all the gazes upon you. "We have reached something of a deadlock concerning you," he admits. His gaze sweeps his fellows and then returns to you. "You have obviously sailed before, recently even. Were you a passenger, on some ship perhaps?"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Continued conversation

    "I was not on a ship. I do not know what manner of being brought me here." She briefly describes her situation. "I heard a strange music, fell asleep, and then woke on your boat. Thank you for your care of me. I don't suppose you've seen my sister? You'd know her--she looks much like me."

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    There is some soft muttering between the group around the table. After a bit, San-ji replies, "The treatment of a Lady is unquestionable. Sadly, there was only yourself. A search of the holds were conducted after your unexpected... discovery. Were you expecting her to be with you?"
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-30-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    506
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    More conversation from Rilde

    "I do not know how I got here; I had hoped that she would be with me, that is all. Now, where are we and where are we headed? I wish to return to my own home, wherever that is. I live in the far north, among the Snow Barbarians. I am of course willing to work for my passage--I'm somewhat familiar with boats and can heal and fight. Can you describe more of this place to me?"

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    There is some more muttering and gesturing around the table, some of it sounding a bit scandalized. With sudden insight, you realize that the gestures are more than casual expression of the body, there is some meaning to them. Finally, the table is silent.

    San-ji coughs gently into his hand. "Different indeed are the other ways of other kinds. While you travel with Wave's Foam, we wish to make some requests of you. We shall insure that you understand the full import of the requests, and you shall have a time set aside to consider them before you make a final decision. However, it is necessary that these things be decided, for your situation cannot remain unresolved, lest the honor of Wave's Foam be tarnished... which," and there is a sudden hardness in his voice, "cannot be allowed to happen."

    Everyone around the table makes a particular gesture at the mention of the honor of Wave's Foam. There are various general mutters of agreement.

    After a brief moment of intense silence, San-ji looks up at you again. "There is one thing we must have assurance about, that I may lay at ease the concerns of my honorable brethren. "He gestures to those sitting around the table with him. "We wish to treat you as a Lady while you are with Wave's Foam. In order to be able to do so, it is required that you remain within the bounds set for a Lady, as we all act within the bounds set by the Breath and the Finger of each of the Four Sages. Will you seek to learn all that you can that you may make this decision as soon as possible?"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Six -- Money and Equipment
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 11:27 PM
  3. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Four -- Character Classes
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
  4. [White Wolf] New Chapter in the V:TES Story
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
  5. [D&D] Xen’drik Expeditions: Chapter 2: Conflict
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •