Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88

Thread: Catechism of Konigsdottir: Chapter the Second: When it Rains....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Catechism of Konigsdottir: Chapter the Second: When it Rains....

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Code:
    There is darkness... 
    
    
    
    
                    ...not the cold emptiness...
    
    
    
    
                                          ...but rather a comforting companion...
    
    
    
    
                                                                  ...much like the voice of a friend in the dark.



    There is a sensation of objects moving around you. This sense resolves into a distinct awareness of pane-shaped moments floating and drifting about, mostly in a generally downward direction. This in turn evolves into a sense that the moments are yours, actual memories of your life, and you are suspended among them. The movement becomes more pronounced and you realize that the moments are not moving... you are. There is an upward surge, and the darkness flares and fades to light.

    Your eyes open with an abrupt click. There is a vague humming sound in your ear which warbles in pitch and then fades to the background of your awareness. Vision is unfocused, and you can feel your eyes attempt to focus independent of each other. After a brief discomfort, focus returns, and with it, vision. Everything seems loud, impossibly so, but this too swiftly fades. There is a rustling sound, and it feels as if a blanket were pulled off of you, taking some warmth with it. The chill on the skin exposed by your clothing heralds the return of your awareness of touch. You seem to be laying on a bed, or at least the wooden area where a mattress or bed might be placed in a ship. Despite the hard wood underneath, it seem surprisingly comfortable to you.

    After a bit, you recognize the room you are in as the room you had been speaking with the circle of crew before, and where you had been just before... whatever it was that happened. The memory seems to be there, but at a remove, with a vague fuzzy feel to it, just out of your mental grasp; much like the feel of a word upon the tip of a tongue which is yet to be recalled. Shaking it off momentarily, you feel more mobile and are able to sit up. The room seems more bare than you recall it previously being. Then you note that the decorations and other personal effects that were present in the background are no longer there.

    The nook where you are sitting is currently in shadow from the light entering through the slats at the back of the room. The gentle rocking and wind-boat sounds reveal that you are still at sea. You appear to be alone.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rilde attempts to calm her mind and prays briefly to Kord, then takes stock again. When you say "personal effects", what do you mean? Specifically, what equipment does she have left? And does this seem to be the same room she was in before?

    After taking stock, she calls out. "Ran-po? San-ji?"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    {{{Personal effects mean the various small decorations and other items which were in the room on the previous occasions you have seen or visited it, not your equipment. You have whatever you had with you when you were escorted to the wall panels, though your clothing seems to have been changed at some point during your unconsciousness. You are now wearing an outfit closely modeled upon the garments worn by the rest of the crew, though longer and somewhat more feminine in cut and style. This consists of loose trouser-like pants cinched at waist and ankles, a form fitting and supportive shirt of some sheer but opaque material, over which is a thicker dress-like top which is snug on the torso but flares into a knee-length skirt. You can tell that you are wearing some kind of briefs. The undertop is sleeveless and slightly scoop necked revealing your collar bones, while the overtop has more of an angle cut collar and has short sleeves halfway down your upper arms. The outfit is all in creamy wood tones; darker on top, lighter underneath. There is also a sash wrapped tightly around your waist with trailing ends touching your knees in a vivid multi-colored green. This is the same room you were in prior to your saving throws.}}}

    There is silence in response to your request. You are alone. After a few moments you hear a clattering and there is a light tap at the door. You hear a muffled, "You summoned us, Lady?"
    Last edited by nijineko; 06-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    {Apologies for taking so long to respond}
    "What in the name of bloody battle just happened? I was considering what it meant to be the Ship's Lady, and looking at the artwork and patterns on your wall, when I...became dizzy and it felt like the world changed around me. Are we under attack?!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The door opens, revealing both Ran-po and San-ji with somewhat anxious expressions. They relax slightly and smile to see you up and about. San-ji speaks, "No, Lady, we are not under attack. You have simply become Ship's Lady, though it seems that the bonding is not perfect, as you do not recall what happened, exactly? If we may make request of you, would you humor us and move into the light from the windows...?"

    Ran-po nods eagerly.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rilde, curious, moves into the light. If possible, she also positions herself so that she can look outside.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    You approach the wide bay windows and feel a sudden surge of warmth and energy as you enter the rays of light streaming through. It is so welcoming a feeling, that you involuntarily spread your arms as if to embrace the light. You jump as the unbound hair from your head slides forward of its own volition along your sides and arms into the light, and you realize that it is so long that it must reach to your knees... and that it has a distinct greenish tinge. Your attention is drawn to your outstretched bare arms, which have a dark pattern of whorling through your skin. Your bare feet seem finely attuned to the texture and grain of the wood planking under your feet, and your balance perfectly shifts with the ship, as if you know before-hand how it is about to move.

    Outside you can see the ship-wake cutting through the medium swells of water and you feel a sense of intuitive understanding of the complex harmony of being under full sail. You get a sensation of wind through the sails, and a depth of water beneath you, and even small flickers of brightness above and beneath. One group of flickers suddenly superimposes over a group of birds you can see out of the window.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rilde blinks in startlement. "I look like some combination of a tree and a fairy! I can feel the ship and water around me. What has happened?"
    {OOC I can guess, but she doesn't know it. :-) }

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Ran-po murmurs, "Better than we hoped, or expected."

    San-ji continues unperturbed, "You have become Ship's Lady. Wave's Foam is in you, and you are now part of Wave's Foam. It is a nearly perfect bonding... a celebrated event. You will probably find that there are many small changes, such as your sensing what Wave's Foam perceives. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can, though Wave's Foam may be better able to aid you in adjusting."

    "Shall we go on deck?" Ran-po asks.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Of course. Let's go on deck, and I'll see what I can learn from Wave's Foam. I'm not used to being on a ship, much less part of one!" She walks towards the deck--then stops, untangles strands of her newly-long hair from her sash and other places around her, and continues. "I need to do something with this hair."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The untangling reveals another slightly disconcerting aspect of your transformation... you are receiving tactile and very primitive visual (light/dark) feedback from your hair. Your hair is very smooth, and seems thicker than it was before. At your comment, your hair promptly writhes and wiggles its way into a loose braid straight down your back, with a knot of some sort at the end. (Prof: Sailor or Use Rope check to identify)

    You notice that you have a distinct impression of the interior of the ship as well, not only do you know exactly how to get to the deck, you can sense the location of every other being on the ship.

    Stepping out of your quarters presents the next surprise. The oddly hypnotic mural directly across from what is now apparently 'your' quarters seems soothing, rather than disturbing. Your eyes give a distinct internal twitch and you seem to hear something, words both familiar and unfamiliar, and suddenly, you can see an actual picture in the wall with astonishing acuity and depth. It is a collage of images which seem to drift and change. The images seem mostly to be of the ship, many feature women, a few have men, and a sprinkling of the images are so strange you are not sure what to make of them or what they are supposed to be of. In the background over all looms a beautiful mermaid with her arms and tail stretched out to cup and hold all the drifting images. The serene eyes shift and seem to look right at you... then one eye winks at you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rilde starts and says, "I see more in that picture than before. There's a mermaid who just winked at me. Is a mermaid among the...revered figures here?"

    She continues as she walks, "I feel a need to see the entire ship. I can feel her now, but I want to understand her by walking around and seeing her for myself."

    She proceeds to tour the ship, thoroughly and carefully, unless something/someone stops her for some reason. As she goes, she will continue to ask what things are expected of her, with a special emphasis on any deeds of bravery or strength that might be required. (She tries not to overemphasize the latter, but it probably slips through anyway.)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Ran-po seems delighted, though San-ji maintains his dignified composure. "It is well that you can see her. None but a Ship's Lady can perceive anything but a pattern in that mural." Your tour of the ship is well received by the crew, especially at your insistence at seeing every part of the ship, and you gain an increasing sense of closeness with Wave's Foam as you personally walk all the areas. You note that there are no female crew members at all, you appear to be the only one. As part of your tour, you view the figurehead, which is a near exact replica of the mermaid in the mural. You half expect it to wink at you too, it is so realistic, but nothing happens.

    Your inquiries reveal that the ship seems to be regarded as a living being with a will and purpose, and that you are more or less a figurehead or interpreter of some sort for that will. But you also appear to be expected to act much as any other Captain would with regard to the Crew. It is almost as if you are to be a mediator or even a priestess standing between the Crew and the Ship, negotiating between their disparate wills; with the ship being revered with nearly the same sort of regard that other people reserve for worship... though it is clear that they do not worship the ship in a religious sense.

    You also catch some mention of a Great Tournament, though the crew seems to be avoiding detailed answers about it. Even San-ji and Ran-po are less than forthcoming, struggling manfully to hide uncomfortable looks.

    Your tour ends, appropriately, with your taking over the wheel from the sailor there. The sense of the rushing water transmitting vibrations through the keel and up into the wheel is exhilarating. As you look around about, you feel a sudden tugging sensation in your heart pulling you along the wake of the ship, though there is nothing to be seen but wind, waves, and distant shadowy lands on the horizon. Your attention is distracted by the sight of a very transparent woman flickering into and out of view; no, rather a familiar mermaid, perched on the railing to one side, staring intently at your chest. "So that is what that is for..." she comments, her voice is pitched low, tuned to the rushing sounds of water and wind, and somewhat startlingly seems to be coming from inside your head. It is somewhat hard to make out.

    None of the others on the upper deck seem to notice or hear her at all.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    She looks bemused at her own chest. (I don't recall any special emblems/symbols/whatever being inscribed on her shirt.) Does she see anything special?

    Also, she thinks at the mermaid: "Can you hear me? Who are you?" If there's no response, she goes over to where she saw the mermaid and says that quietly, out loud.

    If this doesn't give any results, then she tells Ran-po and San-ji, "I seem to be somewhat in charge of the ship, but I don't know how to captain it! I have much to learn. Can you and the crew teach me?" At the same time, she's remaining open to any more messages.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    You do not see anything special. Though the feeling abates slightly, any time you turn or look towards it's direction, it twitches and strengthens for a bit.

    Your thought seems to catch the attention of the mermaid, but the perplexed face she makes causes you to go and lean casually on the railing and attempt speech. "Ah, aoun agu perceive me. I was worried aoun apa'unpb pou. The linkage is pouna avpor af, but this arga promising... perhaps you a'on aounap upr into it. It is naou enpoaf uaf speak, that uad organize ghio iofeu." As she speaks and she flickers into and out of existence, her speech is likewise garbled. She gives you a friendly smile. "Aine fienr Wave's Foam. Ienof Foleon, that's me."

    When you step aside and speak to the thin air, Ran-po, San-ji, and the sailor retreat a bit, with the attitudes of giving you privacy; but not before you catch a significant glance between the two, and a flashing grin from Ran-po. Even San-ji seems to be smiling.


    {{{as you did produce results, i'll assume you do not yet give your last statements and question. }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •