Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: how do you keep a pbp going when it is so slow paced?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do you keep a pbp going when it is so slow paced?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    what are your thoughts on this matter? while it may be friendly on the schedule, play-by-posts are so slow! how do you keep your game going, retaining it's vitality and maintaining interest level?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beats me! When you figure it out, let me know!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have yet to delve into actually running a pbp campaign but I would think one of the keys would be the story being told between the character posts. By that I mean if the person running the campaign is skilled at spinning his/her tale it helps to keep people interested waiting for the next installment. That is what keeps my attention anyways. I find myself reading the good parts several times. (my 2 cents)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm about to start playing in my first pbp game: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=7462

I'll be sure to share my insights over time. Either way it goes, this looks to be an incredible game.

From what i am told thus far, the pace only goes as fast as my active participation.

Thoth-Amon
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-08-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to agree, the DM/GM is the most important piece to the game. You can keepthe game going easily if you are able to post often.
    [green=#]nospaces here except between words[/blue] need this for dice roller

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...?t=6024&page=2 Deacon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    I'm about to start playing in my first pbp game: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=7462

I'll be sure to share my insights over time. Either way it goes, this looks to be an incredible game.

From what i am told thus far, the pace only goes as fast as my active participation.

Thoth-Amon
    I agree that is it in a nutshell. I have played pbps befor, not on here on other sites and they gneraly had an activity rule for their games. You had to make a minium of 3 posts a week to play.