Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KOTOR Era: All Sith Campaign

Downloads
    Uploads

KOTOR Era: All Sith Campaign

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Ok i am starting a KOTOR campaign in which all the character (2) are sith.

How do i go about that? are there stats?

Is it a class?

Or do they take the jedi class and then what?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    Ok i am starting a KOTOR campaign in which all the character (2) are sith.

How do i go about that? are there stats?

Is it a class?

Or do they take the jedi class and then what?
    1st level characters (I'm assuming you're using Saga) will probably start with the Jedi class at first and will have already fallen to the Dark Side (maxing out their Dark Side Score). There are Sith Prestige Classes that you can pick up later on (Sith Apprentice becomes available at level 8, and Sith Lord at level 13), but in the meantime, they will probably just make do with the Dark Side talent tree (in the "Force" chapter) and some of the Dark Side Force powers. They don't even have to go that route as you can be a Dark Jedi just fine by using and abusing the regular powers and talents. At the early levels, it's just all about choosing what kinds of skills you want your Sith-ling to have.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    1st level characters (I'm assuming you're using Saga) will probably start with the Jedi class at first and will have already fallen to the Dark Side (maxing out their Dark Side Score). There are Sith Prestige Classes that you can pick up later on (Sith Apprentice becomes available at level 8, and Sith Lord at level 13), but in the meantime, they will probably just make do with the Dark Side talent tree (in the "Force" chapter) and some of the Dark Side Force powers. They don't even have to go that route as you can be a Dark Jedi just fine by using and abusing the regular powers and talents. At the early levels, it's just all about choosing what kinds of skills you want your Sith-ling to have.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    so which is the easier route?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so which is the easier route?
    Neither is really easier, it's just personal preference. If they're all going to start as Dark Jedi apprentices, then they'll obviously be taking the Jedi class. Some of the powers and talents that are specifically Dark Side are nice (like Power of the Dark Side) and some (like Force Lightning) do good damage, but they are just as likely going to want to take the more traditional powers like Move Object, Mind Trick, Force Slam, etc. You can be perfectly evil with those powers all by themselves.

At low levels, the main difference between Jedi and Sith characters is mostly going to be role play, adventure style, talent and power selection. Once they get higher level, they can branch off into the Sith Prestige classes and start taking "Sith" talents.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Neither is really easier, it's just personal preference. If they're all going to start as Dark Jedi apprentices, then they'll obviously be taking the Jedi class. Some of the powers and talents that are specifically Dark Side are nice (like Power of the Dark Side) and some (like Force Lightning) do good damage, but they are just as likely going to want to take the more traditional powers like Move Object, Mind Trick, Force Slam, etc. You can be perfectly evil with those powers all by themselves.

At low levels, the main difference between Jedi and Sith characters is mostly going to be role play, adventure style, talent and power selection. Once they get higher level, they can branch off into the Sith Prestige classes and start taking "Sith" talents.
    oh i got ya. i was kinda confused as to what you meant. but i got it now.
    Have you ever ran an all sith campaign?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh i got ya. i was kinda confused as to what you meant. but i got it now.
    Have you ever ran an all sith campaign?
    I have not. In fact, the recent Saga game is the first all-Jedi campaign that I've run.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played in an all Sith game once. We each were given our characters, around level 10 or so, and that characters background, etc... We were running an adventure out of the old SWGamer where we had to kill a Hutt and steal a Sith Holocron before the Jedi took it.

In the end, there was only one Sith character left, the one holding the holocron.

And that was the point, 2 or 3 of us were killed off by our own party members.

The Sith betray each other and if you are not strong enough to survive then you will be killed.

Doesn't make for very long campaigns.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    I played in an all Sith game once. We each were given our characters, around level 10 or so, and that characters background, etc... We were running an adventure out of the old SWGamer where we had to kill a Hutt and steal a Sith Holocron before the Jedi took it.

In the end, there was only one Sith character left, the one holding the holocron.

And that was the point, 2 or 3 of us were killed off by our own party members.

The Sith betray each other and if you are not strong enough to survive then you will be killed.

Doesn't make for very long campaigns.
    oh but its got to be fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I would start with choosing a character concept. For example a Palpatine type Sith would likely start in Nobel and take Force Sensitive as a feat at first level. Sometime later he might pick up a level in the Jedi class (which Rodney has advised be considered "Force Using Classs"). However, you could easily make a Sith with no levels in Jedi. Remember that Force Talents (including the Dark Side tree) can all be taken any time a Force Sensitive character gets a talent.

Beware the Dark Side however. The DSP mechanic is part of what keeps some Force powers like Force Lightning in check. With no DSP repercsions that power (and others) can be come very over powereing.

Thanks,
    Duncan
    Proud to be a Gungan!

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh but its got to be fun
    Fun up until my character was killed by another PC.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I think it's fine going into an "all-Sith" or "all-Evil" campaign as long as you recognize that it may have a more limited longevity compared to more traditional, teamwork-oriented, heroic campaigns. Not that the Sith can't use teamwork...just that once the opposition is removed, it usually becomes a stab-race to see who the last man standing is that gets to claim the prize. Very "king-of-the-mountain" like.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I think it's fine going into an "all-Sith" or "all-Evil" campaign as long as you recognize that it may have a more limited longevity compared to more traditional, teamwork-oriented, heroic campaigns. Not that the Sith can't use teamwork...just that once the opposition is removed, it usually becomes a stab-race to see who the last man standing is that gets to claim the prize. Very "king-of-the-mountain" like.
    true the sith are backstabber. and only when the timing is right. but if you recall the time of Bane when there were many Dark Lords of the Sith. during that time they were all "equals". at least until Bane came along.

so if the game was ran like that. or if the players thought like that. the game would be easier

Downloads
    Uploads
    true the sith are backstabber. and only when the timing is right. but if you recall the time of Bane when there were many Dark Lords of the Sith. during that time they were all "equals". at least until Bane came along.

so if the game was ran like that. or if the players thought like that. the game would be easier
    At that time they were all under the rule of a single Dark Lord, Kaan. He believed that together they could destroy the Jedi and taught that all Sith should be united. Bane uncovered the truth, that is NOT the Sith way. There should be one to embody power and another to crave it.

You could run a game set during this time, it would work quite well, up until Bane tricks them all into destroying each other. They could be doing missions against the republic, etc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    [quote=Inquisitor Tremayne;45618]At that time they were all under the rule of a single Dark Lord, Kaan.quote]

i thought that there were many "dark lords of the sith"

such as Lord Ka'sim, Lord Qoordis, Lord Githany, etc
    Last edited by Thriondel Half-Elven; 09-03-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    ...Bane uncovered the truth, that is NOT the Sith way. There should be one to embody power and another to crave it...
    And that is the trick to the Sith. The Sith want power and dominance. They will work together when it is mutually beneficial. But once the opportunity to seize power arises, the other Sith yearn for it. The Sith are self-destructive because as soon as one has power, the others want to take it for themselves. Such is the nature of the Dark Side.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast