Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Star Wars Clone Wars movie review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,362
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Star Wars Clone Wars movie review

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I will post my review later. First, have you seen it? Did you like it? Anyother concerns or critiques?
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

    "It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    2,525
    Blog Entries
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    I will post my review later. First, have you seen it? Did you like it? Anyother concerns or critiques?
    I was planning to go watch it this weekend. The only other review that I've heard said it was good but that it seemed geared toward a younger audience. I'd love to hear what others thought.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,362
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I thought it was awesome!

    However, it was more kid-centric than I had expected. And it is meant to lead directly into the TV series that is soon to air.

    I will say this, this is NOT your typical Star Wars movie and I don't think it is intended to be either. It is like the previous Clone Wars micro series but more geared toward kids. Probably a little stereotypically so.

    And it is awesome! The fight between Obi Wan and Ventress is pretty cool and all the battles with the clones are awesome. All in all its pretty good.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

    "It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    2,525
    Blog Entries
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    I thought it was awesome!

    However, it was more kid-centric than I had expected. And it is meant to lead directly into the TV series that is soon to air.

    I will say this, this is NOT your typical Star Wars movie and I don't think it is intended to be either. It is like the previous Clone Wars micro series but more geared toward kids. Probably a little stereotypically so.

    And it is awesome! The fight between Obi Wan and Ventress is pretty cool and all the battles with the clones are awesome. All in all its pretty good.
    As long as there are no Jar-Jar fart jokes, I think I'll be able to cope...
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wethersfield
    Age
    42
    Posts
    853
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It's not like the 6 episodes are a very deep exploration of human condition either It's always been talking to the kid in us.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,362
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    As long as there are no Jar-Jar fart jokes, I think I'll be able to cope...
    i think there is a fart joke, or at least bad-smell comments made. but no Jar-Jar fart jokes.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

    "It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    2,525
    Blog Entries
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    i think there is a fart joke, or at least bad-smell comments made. but no Jar-Jar fart jokes.
    Well, "bad smell" humor isn't so bad. "Fart" humor in Star Wars is kinda pushing the limits for me but I can overlook it. Put a "fart" joke and Jar-Jar in the same scene though...it's downright maddening! And all this not 20 minutes after a Jar-Jar "poop" joke...
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manito
    Age
    27
    Posts
    497
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I saw midnight release. in one word? don't think so

    it was freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    although the movie is spectcular in whole there are a couple things that bothered me:

    Asoka calling R2 "Artooy"
    Asoka calling Anakin "Sky Guy"
    and finally Ziro the Hutt
    Good character but the voice? wtf?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    1,421
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    There were numerous things that bothered me as well....
    Jaba's son... please! Kid centric.... Yes!

    Why focus on the negative? If I was a CGI character, I would have given Ventress my saber for sure! Asoka grew on me as well... she could have had my saber as well. I do mean that in a completely non-creepy platonic way.

    I guess my expectations were for more. It is kind of sad that Lucas is such a poor writer and has been twisted beyond hope through the years.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,218
    Blog Entries
    43
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    writing and directing are two very different skills.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,362
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    I guess my expectations were for more.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people were expecting another movie on par to Episodes I-VI and not a cartoon kids movie that ties directly into the new cartoon TV series.

    I wasn't and it left me very happy. It is pretty much ALL action and that is cool!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

    "It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."


  12. #12
    Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Under-Inland Empire
    Posts
    9,474
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The #1 reason that i have been putting off going... it being geared for a younger audience. The #2 reason would be the art/design of the characters. I will go eventually, and i am glad to hear from others that it was great.

    Thoth-Amon

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    oxford
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It all comes down to your disbelief....I thought it was great, just more fodder for the imagination and the fight scenes were very well done. My kid's and I enjoyed it immensely.
    When will I get to take them to Star Wars movie again? When Lucas dies, and some hacks remake it in a more modern style like vitually everything else that comes out these days?
    meh.
    Hope they have more full length stuff coming for years before that happens.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manito
    Age
    27
    Posts
    497
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    There were numerous things that bothered me as well....
    Jaba's son... please! Kid centric.... Yes!

    Why focus on the negative? If I was a CGI character, I would have given Ventress my saber for sure! Asoka grew on me as well... she could have had my saber as well. I do mean that in a completely non-creepy platonic way.

    I guess my expectations were for more. It is kind of sad that Lucas is such a poor writer and has been twisted beyond hope through the years.
    did lucas write it?

    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    writing and directing are two very different skills.
    true true

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Littleton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    609
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Went with the boys to see midnight release and It was pretty good, Not what I expected. The girl bugged the heck out of me and I thought Ziro was a girl until they said uncle. He sounded and looked like a girl. I still can't get over how girl Ziro was.... Anyways not bad, not the best.
    Chi-Halfling

Similar Threads

  1. New Star Wars movie August 15th!
    By Inquisitor Tremayne in forum Sci-Fi / Futuristic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •