Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the First: First Impressions - Page 7
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the First: First Impressions

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    An unexpected interruption arrives in the form of the keep archivist looking for a book which the young mistress had borrowed which young Quendreda recalls as being in Mistress Cilwyrr's chambers the last she saw them. The muttered complaint of the archivist regarding the frequent borrowing and failing to return said volume catches at your ears.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ashbarex was beginning to truly wonder if he would be able to find this girl. His investigations had not turned up any truly useful information. He was ready to leave the house and begin scouring the area, region really, then overheard the archivist's muttered complaint and his heart lept. "Pardon me, good sir, I don't mean to be rude or intrusive, but did I hear you correctly? The Mistress Cilwyrr had a favored tome? Please allow me to join you in the search for it. It is my hope that that book will provide important clues as to her current location and plans."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The group accompanies you to the entry to Cilwyrr's chambers, but only the womenfolk are permitted to enter. After a few moments standing in the hall with the archivist and the Armsmaster Bricktled, during which you discover the old archivist's name is Talakmin, and you gather that books and records are quite the passion for him; the pair emerges with a book, which Madam Engleisia hands over to you, somewhat distressing the archivist who wrings his hands in eagerness to repossess it.

The bookmarked section, well worn, has a foldout map, which the archivist leaps forward to assist in 'proper handling' thereof. It reveals itself to be a map of the surrounding areas, with the major and minor trade routes marked out with notations for changes over time. There are two major routes to the east and the south, with a minor route to the north which seems much less travelled. The book seems to be a trading history of the Horntusk clan. You notice that the book has several more embedded maps, though none seem as perused as this one.

Correlating the descriptions of her previous attempts at escape you realize that she attempted to travel near the trade routes at least once each. It seems the only direction she hasn't tried is towards the west, which despite having some towns marked, have no trade routes whatsoever.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    "It seems that I now have a direction." Ashbarex looks to Talakmin. "When I find the young Lady Cilwyrr, it will be because of your dedication." Ashbarex makes a few notes on his map (not this one, but the one he got earlier) before leaving out and going West, after the adventurous young woman.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {{{ i stated the opposite direction by accident, so i edited both of our posts with the correct direction. }}}

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567