Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 123

Thread: Breviary of Brandylegs: Chapter the First: From the Dust

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You reach out and with the added momentum to your swing split the head of the toad in half. It collapses to the ground, limp... dead. It's tongue twitches a few times. Some rustling in the underbrush that the now-dead toad came out of heralds the imminent arrival of one or more reinforcements.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Hoping to be able to catch the next creature by suprise as it rolls in and sees it's companion lying dead before it I will take a cautious step back and get ready for the next thing that comes through the bushes.
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Some rustling bushes disgorge another toad, of a size to the first. It sniffs, then croaks in astonishment and backs up against the bushes. More shaking and differently pitched croak reveal that another toad is just behind the first.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Not wanting to get surrounded by these two toads I want to push the attack while they are still both in front of me. Hoping there is not another one already flanking me I will step out and attack the one that is visible.

    * initiative *


    * attack *


    * damage *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-21-2009 10:11 AM
    initiative: 1d10 (9)
    attack: 1d20 (18) + 3 (3) = 21
    damage: 1d12 (8) + 3 (3) = 11
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    With reach, a solid blow! The toad croaks loudly, immediately echoed by the one behind it in the bushes. In reply you hear sibilant yelling, and a deep bass croak followed by a loud thump from behind the bushes... one that you can actually feel through the ground. The giant toad must have found a way out of the river bed....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #111
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Three of them! and one is the big boy I can't let them get around me I have to finish off this one and then get moving to find a more defensible spot maybe further into the thick bush.

    * initiative *

    * attack *

    * damage *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    10-07-2009 09:14 AM
    initiative: 1d10 (9)
    attack: 1d20 (18) + 3 (3) = 21
    damage: 1d12 (6) + 3 (3) = 9
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The first toad springs back, spraying fluid. It is deeply wounded, and seems to be trying to flee. The second toad eyes you, croaking excitedly, but makes no move other than to stay well out of reach. You can just see the heaving back of the large toad beyond the copse of trees and bushes. You also spot the top of a trident, and hear some slurred hissing speech in odd contrast to the croaking all about. The trident dips and you hear the deep bass croak protesting being so prodded.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It looks like I am getting in a little deep and being in these high bushes this close to the water may not be the best place for me. I am going to back away from the group keeping my eyes towards them and ready for a fight. I need to get to a place I can operate comfortably in, somewhere that my axe is not hindered by the branches and brush.
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You began backing out into the ring of bushes. After some more heated hissing speech, the opposite end of the little clearing heaves as the giant toad begins thrusting itself through the opposing brush. The smaller toads croak ecstatically. You can see the tops of heads of at least two reptilians, neither of which seem familiar, nor friendly.

    Other than the toads and the reptilians, all else seems quiet, not even the wind is blowing. The river is not audible above the rest of the noise.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It would appear to me those toads are being prodded by the reptilians lets see if since I am in this thicker brush if I can use my smaller stature to get around behing the group and get rid of the drivers maybe then the toads will leave.
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    {{{ interesting strategy!!! i'll need some move silent and hide checks, plus a general description of how you are going about that. thanks! =D }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #117
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Tyring to move as quietly as he can Cross moves off to his left trying his best not to make too much noise or move the bushes too much to alert the toads or the drivers to his current location. Hopeing he can flank the drivers from the left side and minimize their influence on the giant toads.

    * hide *


    * move silently *
    Last edited by Elbryon; 11-27-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: messed up the roll syntax this is actually first roll

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    11-27-2009 10:46 AM
    1d20: hide (0)
    1d20-2: move silently (0)
    11-27-2009 10:48 AM
    hide: 1d20 (7)
    move silently: 1d20 (12) - 2 (2) = 10
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The brush is close enough that you can't help but push past some, but you hope that in the general ruckus of the toads and the reptilians, that it won't be noticed. In any event, you are moving off to the side, and there does not seem to be any immediate change in course or noise from them.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #119
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Great Falls
    Posts
    159
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I will keep moving in as much the way I was intent on going but still trying not to draw the attention of the toads and lizardmen.

    * Move silently *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-16-2011 03:09 PM
    Move silently: 1d20 (18)
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You seem to be successful in obtaining a good position without drawing the attention of the toads or reptilians. You are at an angle somewhat behind them, which position will improve if they continue to move forward. At this juncture you notice that some of the smaller toads are hunched forward, almost as if sniffing or rooting at the ground. Their tongues flick out above the ground, as if tasting the air. The whole group moves forward a bit more as the toads seem to find something and move in a direction... in fact, the same direction you had taken earlier, just before circling around using the thicker brush.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. [White Wolf] New Chapter in the V:TES Story
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
  3. Old School Player Shaking off The Dust
    By clwittwer in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 11:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •