Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Breviary of Brandylegs: Chapter the First: From the Dust - Page 7
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Breviary of Brandylegs: Chapter the First: From the Dust

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Not really prepared to be fighting multiple opponents in this environment I am going to pull back into the bushes for some cover and try to continue on my way.

"Remember that sting yer big wart!" I call back as I weave my way into the bushes.
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shortly after you disappear into the bushes there is quite the uproar behind you, a discordant medley of croaks, along with some hissing speech in the tones of cursing. Time to put some serious distance between you and your pursuers.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will try and continue in the same direction that I was going only now on land. The roar of the water to my side will keep me headed in the right direction. If at any point I can no longer hear the water I will retrace my steps until I can find it again. That is the only clue I have as to where I am going.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You make decent time for a while, ignoring the many small catches and jabs of twigs and branches. But eventually you realize that yours is not the only heavy body pushing through the underbrush. Some not-distant-enough croaks clinches it. You are being pursued.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    This toad is not going to give up until I kill it. What kind of surroundings am I in as I need to find somewhere that my small stature will give me an advantage against this great beast. As I search for this place I will however continue on my current path until I am either caught or find a defensible area on my own.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As you rush along you are forced to veer from the stream due to some broad trees. Beyond that is a copse of taller thin trees. They are close enough that it should interfere with any large creature trying to get through, but will also limit any side-to-side strikes with your weapon. Vertical strikes should be effective though, as the branches are high enough up that they should not tangle if you are careful. You think this might work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will get myself into position between some of the trees and get ready for the toad to show up. While I wait I'm going to take a couple practice swings to get used to fighting in these cramped quarters. If I'm at least a little more prepared when he gets here I'm hoping I have the advantage and can end this quickly.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All too soon, the croaking closes in on you. It seems to be all around you. Soon you discover why, as you see a toad hop into the grove. It is smaller, relatively, than the monster you fought earlier. It is only about the same size as yourself. It sniffs audibly, and pauses, perhaps looking around. It lets out a loud croak, which is echoed shortly from either side, but a short distance away. It hops along somewhat tentatively, as if following or searching for something. It does not seem to see you as you hold still, hopping closer and closer. If it keeps on going it will either run into you, or spot you, surely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This not being the same toad I encountered earlier I will hold my position for the time being waiting to see if it will pass me by. I am however going to be ready and watching so as not to be suprised.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It hops closer and closer, sniffing and obviously following some trail... your trail. It stops and looks around, but fails to spot you. It does however let out a loud croak before you can do anything, which is echoed not to far away. You are certain it has at least picked up on your scent.
    Last edited by nijineko; 11-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While this first toad is still sniffing around and hopefully hasn't seen me I will make an attack I think my chances will be better if I can only deal with one of them at a time.

* initiative *

* attack *

* damage *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-03-2009 10:30 AM
    initiative: 1d10 (2)
    attack: 1d20 (13) + 3 (3) = 16
    damage: 1d12 (3) + 3 (3) = 6

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You catch the toad by surprise, though the wound you dealt it was not fatal. It croaks and scrambles back instead of attacking right away, continuing to croak loudly.

{{{ this movement provokes an AoO against the toad, which you may take if you wish to attack again. }}}

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will swing again as the toad backs away from my first attack.

* attack *

* damage *

08-27-2009 09:23 AM
    attack: 1d20 (15) + 3 (3) = 18
    damage: 1d12 (8) + 3 (3) = 11

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That strike was much more solid and the toad croaks in pain. You hear answering croaks and rustling thumps as things move through the underbrush towards you. It lashes out with it's tongue at you.

* tongue attack... *

* damage if attack strikes... *

09-01-2009 11:15 PM
    tongue attack...: 1d20 (17) + 5 (5) = 22
    damage if attack strikes...: 1d4 (3)

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Ah kint 'ave more thin one o' you pesky buggars surrounding me all at once now can I?"

I want to get rid of this toad as quickly as I can so I don't have to fight multiples at once I will attack again.

* init *

* attack *

* damage *

09-02-2009 09:35 AM
    init: 1d10 (7)
    attack: 1d20 (17) + 3 (3) = 20
    damage: 1d12 (11) + 3 (3) = 14

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast