Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Breviary of Brandylegs: Chapter the First: From the Dust

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You look around carefully. Everything is still. Too still. And with a start, you notice that the only sound you hear is the wind.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will then continue on the course upstream as the lizardman instructed hopefully I can find some more "friendly" folks. I do wish to have my axe ready just in case.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You continue onward, bothered by the continued silence, broken only by your movements and the sound of the water. Your heartbeat thuds in your ears, and your breathing is loud against the stillness. Abruptly, in the all-too-near distance behind you, there is an explosion of sounds... that of birds fleeing in fear, and animal calls, all sounding panicked, and underneath it all, deep bass croaking.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there is an easy way to get up on the bank of the creek I will do that now and ready my axe for what is "croaking" and chasing all the animals in front of it.
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The banks are somewhat lower here, and there are many handy bushes, some of them would provide a handy brace for pulling oneself out of the creek. After some scrambling, you successfully pull yourself up the bank. You wind up having to push through the bushes in order to find a place to stand and have room to swing. This prevents you from seeing more of the creek than its opposite bank. You look down river.

After a brief moment, a number of animals, mostly various kinds of birds, with some smaller plant grazing types come into view, followed by loud splashing sounds. The birds fly by, and you see the animals trying to find a spot to jump the banks. One bird cries suddenly as it is partially enveloped by something long, thin and whip-like and just as quickly is yanked down below the bushes. There is some more loud splashing, and a deep bass croak from the other side of the screening bushes. There is the distinct sound of a long sniff just audible over the sounds of the retreating animals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will emerge from the bushes and get ready for the nasty frog that I am believing I will see on the other side of the bushes. (Hoping to get a little bit of a suprise on the beast.)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [[[roll for initiative, please. will you be charging up to the edge of the bank you just climbed up, or all the way down? the bushes grow up to the edges of the bank.]]]

Downloads
    Uploads
    [Up to where I can see/attack what is chasing me. I still feel I have a little bit of suprise on whatever was following me]

* Initiative *

initial roll is a 1 it's been long enough I don't recall whether it is used this way or not so I put it in incase.
    Last edited by Elbryon; 06-11-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-02-2009 09:43 AM
    Initiative: 1d10 (1) - 3 (3) = -2

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You turn and move back through the bush to a step or two away from the lip. The bushes partially block your view, but the creature is so large, that you have no trouble identifying it. A toad, a monstrously huge toad. It apparently spots something above your head and it's heavy tongue snaps out, quicker than the eye can follow, and lands heavily in the bush next to you. It is as quickly withdrawn, and followed by a hacking sound. Apparently leaves and twigs are not the preferred intake. You hear more croaking in the near distance, but for the moment it is you and the toad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will wait until the toad seems to be focused in the opposite direction and while he is otherwise occupied I will attack. I don't believe the high ground gives me any advantage because of all the bushes but I want to stay in them as best I can to use them as a sort of barrier.

* attack roll *

* damage *

06-11-2009 09:43 AM
    attack roll: 1d20 (8) + 3 (3) = 11
    damage: 1d12 (7) + 3 (3) = 10

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The toad is occupied trying to clear its mouth.

[[[the high ground gives a plus one to strike. ]]]

Your blow feels off, but you manage a glancing strike. The toad moves away from the bank a waddle and attempts to lash you with its tongue.

* nijineko rolls some dice *

The toad misses. It is now about 5' away from the bank, technically out of normal melee range.
    Last edited by nijineko; 06-26-2009 at 04:01 AM.

06-13-2009 03:24 AM
    Tongue lash: 1d20 (5) + 5 (5) = 10

Downloads
    Uploads
    [[[I will wield my axe as a reach weapon this turn. +3 to damage -3 to hit reach of 10']]]

As the huge toad turns it's great bulk around I will bring my axe to bear on its ample head.

* initiative *

* attack roll *

* damage *
    Last edited by Elbryon; 06-15-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: rats that was poor

06-15-2009 10:24 AM
    initiative: 1d10 (5)
    attack roll: 1d20 (4) + 1 (1) = 5
    damage: 1d12 (1) + 6 (6) = 7

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The bushes unexpectedly tangle the axehead as you bring it around and switch your grip, deflecting your attack slightly. Your strike glances off of the giant toad's horny exterior, doing nothing but minor cosmetic damage. About to attack, it seems surprised that you can reach it. It looses a deep bass croak, and tries to waddle backwards out of your reach.

{{{AoO for you!}}}

Downloads
    Uploads
    As the giant toad tries to waddle away I will take another swing at his massive body before he has a chance to get out of the way.

* AoO *

* damage *

06-18-2009 09:34 AM
    AoO: 1d20 (11) + 1 (1) = 12
    damage: 1d12 (9) + 6 (6) = 15

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A quick readjustment and a thrusting slice carves out one of its eyes! Whereupon, the toad looses a massive deep somehow pained-sounding croak... which is answered excitedly from all too close by. You don't have any time. And the toad is now out of your reach, unless you descend to the stream again.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast