Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Cambist of Corat: Chapter the First: Paradigm Shift

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I step forward, just a pace or two before Scents-Keenly, crouch down, and gently set my bow on the ground.

    I turn to face the leader of the new group. I hach no quarrel witch choo. I am a locht chraveller, and thesh *a wave of my hand towards the friendly group* are helping me to find my way. But if choo inchicht on "taking" me...

    I draw my sword and hold it ready, but point down.

    Go. Ahead. And. Try.

    *Held action: If the leader draws a weapon, moves towards me, or makes any other hostile move, I will take a charge action at him*

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The big brute looks over directly at you for the first time, and stares slightly. The rest of his group look back and forth at each other. The big one unexpectedly bursts out laughing, a huge roaring laugh. After a few moments, he calms down, and looks you over. "So, you think you can be (people)? A little thing like yourself? What are you going to do, poke me in the leg with that little toothpick?"
    You note that while the other group is also wearing the long metal claws, neither group is brandishing them at each other.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    **I had interpreted "hulking brute" as 6.5-7' tall, and heavily built. His reference to my sword as a "toothpick" makes me think he's much larger. Unless you're thinking of me as goblin/halfling sized? Hobgoblins are roughly the same size as humans and orcs. If he IS signifigantly larger (ogre-sized or bigger), I'd like a chance to rescind this post.**

    Keeping the point of my sword down, I step forward to sparring distance (5-10'), pull myself up into as formal a stance as I can, meet his gaze, and declare, in Goblin:

    I am tired of this nonsense! I am Lokar Corat! I am a solier in his Eminence's Imperial Army, not some toy to be argued over by beasts like yourselves. I demand that you either escort me to the nearest goblin encampment, or leave this place so that my more hospitable hosts may aid me.

    With that I set my jaw and stare into his eyes until he responds, still ready to react if he does attack.

    * Intimidate check (untrained, no Cha bonus) *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    10-13-2008 02:29 AM
    Intimidate check (untrained, no Cha bonus): 1d20 (10)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    {it's not so much his height, as his breadth and thickness... all of the felinoids seem to be about on a par with you for height, even the brute is only maybe an inch or so taller, but his sheer buik translates psychologically into height. }
    Last edited by nijineko; 10-21-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    He regards you silently. You catch a brief bend and flick of his ear, and suddenly you become aware of one of his group standing almost completely obscured behind him. After a moment, the one steps back, disappearing behind the broad back of the leader. The leader's ear returns to it's normal position. After some more wind-rippled silence, he speaks, "You want an escort? We will provide you with an escort. I will even overlook your insult to us, though I must tell you that we are not beasts."
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I choke back any reply, though make no effort to mask my anger at the reply. *Insult? I speak to them in their language, I tolerate their ridiculos claims, and they claim I insult them?*

    I turn on my heel and march back to the group that had originally greeted me.

    I extend my hand to the Keenly-Scents, and, assuming he takes it clasp his hand with both of mine before speaking. If he does not, I wait a moment, then lower my hand and speak, loudly enough to be heard by both groups. My friend, I thank choo for your kindness. I fear I mucht ashk more of you. I have chravelled many days before being brought to this place. If choo will give me food and chelter, I will make chure the Empire pays choo back and reward choo for your help.

    Without waiting for a response - after all, who would refuse an Imperial order? - I turn back to the hostile group and call out, in goblin I will be spending the night in the company of these people. I expect your runner at their gates to provide escort at first light. This is an Imperial Order given by one of His Excellency's soldiers. Punishment for failure to comply is death.

    I turn back to Keenly-Scents, and nod slightly to him. Let us take our leave of these chavages.

    **I'm asking for trouble left and right here, aren't I? What else can I do though? I think I'm being very tolerant, considering how little respect they've shown my position. ;P **

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Keenly-Scents stares at your hand for the briefest of moments, but recovers almost seamlessly and quickly grasps your hand firmly. Once you have finished your speech, there is a somewhat stunned silence. "Your" group, however, turns and ushers you away from the other group, who simply watch you go. As soon as they round the hill, they break out into a fast lope, hurrying. Keenly-Scents urges you along with them, shaking his head at any attempt to speak.

    Their silence only lasts a few hills, though. In a deep hollow, everyone stops. They seem to be alternating between staring at you and glancing at each other. Suddenly, they all burst into howls of laughter. You are clapped on the back in a most friendly fashion, and there are many calls for translations of what you said. Keenly-Scents provides an animated account, with exaggerated gestures, and dramatic pauses. The single jarring note is when you notice that he deliberately avoids mention of the repayment you offered in his translation.

    After another round of congratulatory-feeling backslaps, the felinoid who seems to be the leader comes up to you, and offers his hand. "This is your custom, yes? Well done. That pompous windbag has long awaited such a standing up to. I wonder what set him after you? Ahhh, no matter. You are a warrior with (gonads? chutzpah?)!"

    Each of the felinoids clasps your hand in turn, and then you set off again. Keenly-Scents is besides you. He speaks in a low voice, so as not to be overheard, "You know not the ways of our people, but I have seen how other peoples exchange pieces of the ground as if it has some worth beyond its natural use. So, I know of 'money'. You mean us honor by your people's custom, but such is a grave insult to our people. Among our people, deeds are like 'money'. The deed you have performed this day will be told around our fire-circles for moons to come. I pray you speak not of payment to any others of our people, lest you give unintended offense."
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I sheek forgiveness if I gave offench. But my offer shtands. Not all payment is in coin.

    I check all my gear, before setting off with the group. On the trail, I approach Keenly-Scents again.

    Thich land ich far from the Empire. I have many quechtions for you. But this language catchech on my tuchks. Do you chpeak the mother tongue?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Keenly-Scents replies thoughtfully, "I take your meaning. Pray speak with me first about that matter. Actually, ask me anything, I will answer you if I know it." A puzzled expression steals onto his face. "I don't know what language you speak of... perhaps if you speak some of it, I will know if I have heard it or not."
    Last edited by nijineko; 01-20-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    How could choo not know the languache of the Empire? I mean the Goblin tongue.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    {{{until this confusion between corat and keenly-scents is resolved, please specify what languages you are using when you speak. especially if you use more than one in a single post. =D thanks!}}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    **Sorry, I had thought the continued use of the accent sufficiently implied the use of common. I will be sure to label as need be in the future**

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    {{{no issues, i thought that was what you meant, but then the last sentence seemed that it could have been either way. ^^}}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,188
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Keenly-Scents seems startled.... After a few moments thought, he continues. "Please, speak some of this language."
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    111
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    In the goblin tongue: In the name of his Imperial Eminence, Emperor Gorrak the Seventy-third, I thank you and your kin for the services you have provided to myself, and through me, to his Eminence's Armed Forces.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Four -- Character Classes
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. [White Wolf] New Chapter in the V:TES Story
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
  4. Eberron: Shadows of Stormreach: Chapter 6
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
  5. Eberron: Shadows of Stormreach: Chapter 5
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •