Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 126

Thread: Variorum of Victoria: Chapter the First: A Twisted Schema

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Broken chair? Wait?" I raise a hand, though non threateningly."I admit to trespassing and stealing but only because you were not here to ask, to which I have apologized for. I am here by accident and know nothing of your treaties and laws. I even washed the dish I used but the chair? I broke no chair _but_ I can fix the chair?" I offer in what is in hopes a gesture of good faith.

    * Diplomacy again *


    If I still remain ignored I sit back down on the bed and start putting my boots back on.

    *Damned d20s*

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-25-2008 11:25 AM
    Diplomacy again: 1d20 (3) + 3 (3) = 6

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    They all kind of stare at you.

    Finally, the little bear pipes, "I want my chair fixed!"

    The fox snorts in disbelief. "I don't think that is such a good idea," he snaps.

    The big bear waves him back, "No, no, let the human try. It's trying to make up for what it's done."

    The middle bear chimes in, "Yes, we are civilized folks, and after all, where there is no smell, there is no proof."

    The fox chokes, "No proof?! I beg to differ...."

    The big bear glares at him. "If you please."

    The fox backs down, "But... of course,"

    The bears all head downstairs leaving you to trail behind. The fox gives you a dire look when the bears are not looking.

    Once everyone is gathered into the downstairs room, the big bear waves to the broken chair. "Well, here you go." The chair has the look of having been leaned on really hard. One back leg is splintered in such a way that it looks as if someone too heavy sat in it, and leaned back, only to have the back leg give way.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I put my boots on, pick up my little bird and parasol then follow the group downstairs. I ignore the fox's look but when I see the chair I raise an eyebrow in his direction.

    After some thought I go about attempting to fix the chair.


    *come on d20 don't fail me now*
    *w00t!!*


    * Craft check *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-26-2008 12:23 AM
    Craft check: 1d20 (19) + 4 (4) = 23

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    You kneel on the floor and gather up the pieces and inspect them carefully, building a picture in your head, planning how to get them all back together again. As you inspect, you notice something odd. The chair leg is partially hollow. A narrow tube has been bored into it somehow. You reflect that this hidden weakness is probably what made the chair leg easy to break. As you continue your inspection, you realize that something is just a bit further up inside the part of the chair leg still attached to the chair.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I frown and proceed to remove whatever was in the hollow.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    You have discovered a long thin object that at first appears to be a wand wrapped in some kind of material, but then realize is a sort of thin scroll, tightly wrapped.

    The large bear has been watching over your shoulder (easy to do, when one is 9 feet tall!) speaks up, "What have you found?"

    {please make a listen check! }
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Listen check. *


    " It seems to be a small scroll of some sort." I say and hold it up so the large bear can see it." May I open it?"

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-26-2008 12:52 AM
    Listen check.: 1d20 (5) + 2 (2) = 7

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The big bear says, "Let me see that..."

    The middle bear coughs, pointedly.

    "Ah, please," adds the big bear. He delicately takes it out of your small hands with his very large claws. "Why..." he gasps! "This is one of the Rotundums! Whatever was it doing inside my chair?!"

    The middle bear steps forward to peer at it. "Why, so it is! Husband, where did you get it?"

    "From the chair! Err... rather, from the human! You saw it!" He waves a big arm around, fortunately over your head.

    The little bear squeaks, "What'sa arou-dum-dum?"

    "Noo, you! I obviously meant, where did you get the wood," she scolds.

    "Well then, why didn't you say so in the first place," he booms!

    "I did say so. You just didn't listen," she replies.

    The fox interjects, "Are you sure? Why... this is wonderful news! We must... tell the council at once!" He clasps his paws joyfully.

    "You have a point," say the father bear. He looks at his wife, "He has a good point."

    "The wood?" she insists.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Have I found something important?" I ask but just sit quietly if ignored and go back to fixing the chair.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "The old deadfall pile, the one over between Reahard's den and the Badger's burrow," he waves in the general direction.

    The fox looks surprised, "Really? One wonders how it got there... exactly."

    The mother looks down at you, "You've done well... and look how well you are fixing that. What a good job!"

    "I'll... volunteer to take it... ah, to the Council, myself!" the fox sounds hopeful.

    The father thinks about it for a while. He seems about to hand it over, when he says, "Thank you Reahard, but no. It was found in my chair, I'd best be the one to take it."

    "Well, if you really think so," Reahard trails off weakly. When the bear shows no sign of changing his mind, Reahard says, "In that case, I should let the Council know the good news about one of the missing Rotundums being found." He looks down at you and says, "Well done... indeed." But his look is anything but praising. A chill goes down your spine as he sweeps out quickly.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I smile cutely at mother's praise then finish fixing the chair. The fox I attempt to ignore, obviously he had been the one to 'lose' the rotunda but it was not my place to point out such things.

    "Is there anything else I can do to make up for what I've done?" I ask once I've finished fixing the chair.
    Last edited by Arahira; 08-26-2008 at 11:55 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The bears look after the fox for a few moments. Then the mother breaks the silence. "We really need to eat." She looks down at you. "Thank you. Dear," looking at her husband, "Come see what a good job this human has done on the chair."

    The big bear picks up the chair and inspects it closely. "Why, it is good work!" He looks at you. "Ah, *ahem* well done."

    The mother says, "If you could help me make some more food, and then change out the bedding of little Timothie's bed, I think that would be just fine, don't you dear?"

    "Er, umm, yes, of course," the father bear mumbles. He is still inspecting the chair.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-30-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Thank you." I say to father bear then turn to mother bear ." Of course." I curtsy then go about helping the mother bear.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,108
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    She has you scrub your hands several times, including under the nails, inspecting critically each time until she is satisfied, and your hands are starting to turn red. After you help make a varity of foods, leaving you smelling of various herbs, she insists on feeding you, claiming that you are much too thin.

    Afterwards she has you stand near the corner and she concentrates for a few moments, then makes some gestures and growls something you can't understand. There is a ripple in the air which envelopes you, there is brief complex medoly of herbal scents, and suddenly the familiar oders of your clothes and self disappear. She says, "You humans have such a strong scent to us, this will help you out in that regard." Then she leads you upstairs to change the bedding.

    Upon finishing and returning downstairs, you find the father pacing back and forth. "I've been talking with the birds, you know how they gossip," he begins. "No one knew of the missing Rotundum. Not a single being. I think we need to take it ourselves... now."

    Mother thinks for a bit. "Very well, dear. Just let me gather a few things, and we'll be right off. Come, little human, you can help me."

    Back in the kitchen, she directs you to gathering various things, while she hurridly gathers some other things. Once all is done, she presses a simple bag with a shoulder strap that shows some sign of patching. "Little Timothee's old satchel. He doesn't use it anymore, and you'll find some useful things in here." She shows you some wrapped leaves. "These contain a special salve that will remove your scent. You don't need it now, the charm I placed on you will hold all day, but I hope you'll find it useful in the days ahead."

    She looks into your eyes. Hers are the color of butter-amber. "Will you come with us?" she asks suddenly. "Please, I have a feeling that your destiny has become entertwined with this thing."
    Last edited by nijineko; 09-12-2008 at 03:58 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I do as the mother bear asks and thank her very very much for the satchel and salve. I stand unable to think of what to say when she requests I come with them.

    "I think I would like that." I say shyly and smile at mother bear.

    At least if I went with them I would have a better place to start at figuring out where I was and then maybe it would be easier for me to get where I was supposed to be going.


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Four -- Character Classes
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. [White Wolf] New Chapter in the V:TES Story
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
  4. Eberron: Shadows of Stormreach: Chapter 6
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
  5. Eberron: Shadows of Stormreach: Chapter 5
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •