Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 126

Thread: Variorum of Victoria: Chapter the First: A Twisted Schema

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I silently cheer when I hit my target then run to the side out of the line's search area and prepare to throw another rock at the spot where the red line was coming from. I wonder if I'll have as much luck as the last one.

    * Attack1 *

    * Attack2 *

    * Attack3 *


    * Damage *


    (*crosses fingers*)

    (*cheers!* W00h00! Of course now that its been noticed the dice are going to be good for now :P)

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    10-27-2009 10:29 PM
    Attack1: 1d20 (10) + 6 (6)+ 1 (1) = 17
    Attack2: 1d20 (5) + 6 (6)+ 1 (1) = 12
    Attack3: 1d20 (20) + 6 (6)+ 1 (1) = 27
    Damage: 1d6 (4) + 1 (1) = 5

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Crit. Confirmation roll? *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    10-30-2009 11:37 AM
    Crit. Confirmation roll?: 1d20 (11) + 6 (6)+ 1 (1) = 18

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The stone flies true, and there is a bright flash accompanied by a tinkling sound, sparks and some smoke. The construct emits some assorted sounds like one metal object scoring into another. There is a brief pause, then some small openings appear on the dangling body, and odd appendages sprout from the openings. There are two larger ones and two smaller ones. The smaller appear to be some sort of jointed arms, upon which sprout some clusters of tubes and crystals instead of hands. The larger seem stiffer, clumsier versions, but with more tubes and less crystals. They wave around, pointing in many directions.

    After some aimless waving, they began pointing to the various monkeys, pausing briefly at each. You note one pointing at you as well for a short time before it moves on. There is another pause, and the construct begins to move slowly towards the monkeys, almost furtively, as though it were trying to be quiet, or sneaky.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I wait and watch the thing as it 'scans' myself and the monkeys but when it starts moving toward the monkeys I wave at it to get its' attention.

    "Hey! Over here!" I say then throw my last stone at it.

    If I hit one of the arms great if I don't, oh well as long as I have its' attention.

    * #1 *

    * #2 *

    * #3 *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    11-22-2009 04:29 PM
    #1: 1d20 (7) + 4 (4)+ 1 (1) = 12
    #2: 1d20 (17) + 4 (4)+ 1 (1) = 22
    #3: 1d20 (3) + 4 (4)+ 1 (1) = 8

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Your last stone flies true, striking one of the larger arms squarely upon the assortment of tubes and crystals at the end. There is a definite sound of breakage.

    (((i'll need a damage roll to know how much.)))

    It abruptly stops. It points one of the smaller arms at the damaged larger one, the other two arms in your direction. The smaller arm twitches back and forth, reminding you of the eye of a crab waving around in an attempt to get a look at something. The larger arm tracks to point more or less at you, and begins to emit a menacing glow. You can hear a high pitched sound coming from it, faintly. You also hear faint hoots from the monkeys, they sound worried.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I look around for something nearby to hide behind/crawl under, that's preferrably metal and shiney, water might be an option? Something that might reflect the creature's attack?

    ((I hope the dice rool works. It's been so long I can't remember what to do if it doesn't))

    * Damage roll for earlier post *


    * Spot check *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-18-2011 08:30 PM
    Damage roll for earlier post: 1d6 (6)+ 1 (1) = 7
    Spot check: 1d20 (17)+ 3 (3) = 20

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    (((nicely done, in both cases. =D )))

    Nearby you is the hole which is partly filled by the previously caught construct, and also there are some monkeys hidden there, as you recall. You could probably dive into it from where you are. That is one possibility.

    A slightly further scramble away is one of the trees, which while somewhat narrower than you are, it is thick, and is certainly better than nothing.

    There is also a briar, but you somewhat doubt the stopping power of a scraggly, thorny bush, as you are not a hare, and it is not a fox. Besides, it would entail moving closer to the construct.

    There are also small hollows created by the slightly rolling terrain, but they seem much too shallow to seriously consider.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I yell for the monkeys to stay down then run for the tree and hope its good enough cover. I also hope that if it falls from the blast it falls in my favour.

    ((Let me know if I have to roll anything))

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The larger arm spits out a foul-colored coruscating beam of some kind of energy. The beam scythes across a short arc; there is an impact that shakes the tree you are sheltering behind. The ground on either side of you vomits earth and rock into the air and a nasty burning smell fills your nostrils. Your dress is seriously ruined, the tattered edges singed where it was projecting out beyond the edges of the tree. Leaves flutter down morosely, twisting plaintively in the acrid smoke clutching upwards.

    A short moment later, there is a sudden explosion, half felt, half heard, followed by the sound of tortured metal.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    (Yay! Surprise post!)

    When the beam of energy fires off I cover my head with my arms, crouch and hope I survive. When the beam of light stops its destruction I cautiously look around. When I look down at my dress my first thought is 'my mother would kill me if she saw this' my next thought is 'oh crap the monkeys!' and start frantically looking around, forgetting, momentarily, about the crazed piece of machinery that just tore up the ground.
    Last edited by Arahira; 06-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Leaves flutter down about you, the delicate traceries and vibrant greens a striking contrast to the burned and befouled swath of destruction on the other side of your tree. The smell is horrific. There don't seem to be any of the monkeys caught in that last blast. You can see a few of them laying as still as possible. You are not sure if it is the wind or fear which causes the trembling that you see. It seems you have effectively drawn the construct's attention away from the monkeys, at least for now.

    The jerky motions of the construct draw your eye, it seems that the other arm attempted to fire a similar beam of energy but malfunctioned. Your mechanical intuition tells you that the small amount of damage you managed to cause resulted in a malfunction when it tried to emit energy. It seems to have resulted in an explosion. The larger outer arm-leg has been damaged, and both of the extra arms on that side are so much twisted and melted junk now. The other set of arms however begin to track you again. The constructs steps closer, limping, but menacingly determined.

    The lurching step shatters what was left of the front covering. Revealed is a skeleton with metal attachments clamped to skull and arms. There are some glowing lights visible through the empty eyesockets, and the motions of the construct cause the boney jaw to flap up and down in a silent laugh... an eerie effect. The arrangement clearly implies a pilot to you, but this one has been dead for who knows how long. One metal encased hand reaches forward and does something to the panel in front of it. You again hear the rising hum and see the building glow. It is about to fire again.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I see the thing still moving and roll my eyes. " Seriously?" Looking around though I'm glad to see no more monkeys were harmed.

    When the construct moves closer and I see the skeleton and its loose jaw I make a disgusted face and tilt my head. "Really? That's just creepy..." I mutter then realize its charging up to fire again." Oh.." I look around frantically.

    Deciding my only choice was to run, I try for a little strategy. It seemed to be having difficulty moving so maybe if I run off to the side and it's forced to twist around to fire at me then I can cause it to fall over and disable it. I make a run for it in a big arc away from the arm that's firing up, and away from the monkeys, and past it in hopes that it will attempt to follow me. If there's a hole nearby then I head for it, just in case the thing decides its not quite damaged enough and manages to follow.

    I cross my fingers and run for my life and mutter." Please break, please break..." over and over." Or at least fall over."

    (let me know if I need to roll for anything)


  13. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The construct continues its lurching gait towards you attempting to follow your fleeing form, but is having trouble turning its body. The structure at the end of the arms emits a foul-colored beam which rips into the earth behind you, causing gouts of rock and dirt to fly into the burning air. The beam wanders closer and closer and the air feels like it might burn your lungs.

    {{{please go ahead and roll a dex check (d20+ your dex mod) since you are running on uneven terrain. }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Dex CheckArahira rolls some dice *



    (( That was a nice roll! =D))

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-01-2011 10:28 AM
    [COLOR=yellowgreen][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Dex Check[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]Arahira rolls some dice: 1d20 (17)+ 2 (2) = 19

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,177
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The construct, twisting, takes a large swinging step with the undamaged leg, attempting to pivot around on the damaged leg in order to follow your frantic run. You nimbly hop over some roots and land neatly, avoiding an unexpected hollow. You even manage not to lose your frenzied pace. The beam chases you, lurching up and down in haste. Silence falls heavily. The heated air rips the breath from your lungs, and a fearful glow creeps around the edges of your vision, blurring your gaze.

    Your feet thrust desperately forward over the ground. Fear clenches a bony hand about your throat, slips a dreamy lethargy into your heaving chest, and hangs weights about your ankles. There is a ringing snap, the soft gentle coruscation struggling free from the torpid silence in a triumphant leap. You smell something burning. Your next step thrusts you into a stinging cold which gnaws and nips at your skin. The back of your neck prickles heatedly in protest.

    From behind, an awesome cacophony of sound shatters the quiet, hurls it away. You run frantically a few more steps. A tree, refusing to move, clips you on the shoulder. You spin around, stumbling to a stop facing the way you came.

    The construct is laying on its side, pinning the undamaged leg and dangerous arm beneath it. The damaged leg waves weakly in the air missing a foot and ankle, which you spot off to the side. It seems to have snapped off. There is a heaving movement, and you glimpse bony arms and metal clad hands manipulating various controls, but despite several strained attempts it remains on its side.

    There is gentle hooting from some of the monkeys. The burning smell does not abate, nor does the heated stinging on your neck. Running your hand through your hair, you realize that the back part of your hair is somewhat lacking, and the skin of your neck is hot and painful to the touch, though intact.
    Last edited by nijineko; 09-21-2011 at 12:23 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-20-2011 11:57 PM
    Construct dex check.: 1d20 (3)
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Four -- Character Classes
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. [White Wolf] New Chapter in the V:TES Story
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
  4. Eberron: Shadows of Stormreach: Chapter 6
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
  5. Eberron: Shadows of Stormreach: Chapter 5
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •