Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Old Adventures and Ideas
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Old Adventures and Ideas

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Old Adventures and Ideas

I want to hear about past adventures and campaigns that everyone has had. Be it really exciting or a lame one. I want to hear them all.

I need ideas for my adventures and would like to see what everyone else enjoyed. (and hated)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I try to describe the world in a short post.

Theocratical City States in a heavy forest / Jungle world. Magic is irradiated from the center of the planet, sunlight negates/disipate the magic. Sun is dying so there are zones now that accumulate magic and explodes (This created mutants that are outcasts and live in the wild), specially in the Underdark.

Magic was put in the world as a gift from one of the Gods in defiance of the other gods (kinda like the Promethean Fire Legend)

Elves "Spelljammed" long time ago, when the Sun became Red Giant it shut-off all Planar-Travel. There are "Ships/Ruins". A Mindflyer Ship also crashed.

Arcane Magic Users gather the Magic, weave it and unleash the spell, but by doing so, they accumulate more magic in the area than the one they use, so there is a chance of having an explosion (the more you cast or the more powerfull is the spell, the more magic was accumulated in the area).

Geo-stationary Moon, the area under permanent eclipse is super-charged of Magic, in that zone also you find the Mithril..

Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimthar View Post
    Well I try to describe the world in a short post.

Theocratical City States in a heavy forest / Jungle world. Magic is irradiated from the center of the planet, sunlight negates/disipate the magic. Sun is dying so there are zones now that accumulate magic and explodes (This created mutants that are outcasts and live in the wild), specially in the Underdark.

Magic was put in the world as a gift from one of the Gods in defiance of the other gods (kinda like the Promethean Fire Legend)

Elves "Spelljammed" long time ago, when the Sun became Red Giant it shut-off all Planar-Travel. There are "Ships/Ruins". A Mindflyer Ship also crashed.

Arcane Magic Users gather the Magic, weave it and unleash the spell, but by doing so, they accumulate more magic in the area than the one they use, so there is a chance of having an explosion (the more you cast or the more powerfull is the spell, the more magic was accumulated in the area).

Geo-stationary Moon, the area under permanent eclipse is super-charged of Magic, in that zone also you find the Mithril..

That sounds really cool. i like the part with how the magic is gathered and released with a chance that it might explode in your face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In college I was running two campaigns in one setting. One group was good while the other was evil. The two groups didn't know about each other until the good group knew they had to do something about these horrible people they had heard about and wanted to hunt them down. They were surprised when the final confrontation came on and I had them enter from opposite sides of a room with a combat arena of the gaming table and their figures all set up.

The good guys tried to reason with the bad guys, but they wouldn't hear it. Sadly, evil triumphed oveer good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by drewshi View Post
    In college I was running two campaigns in one setting. One group was good while the other was evil. The two groups didn't know about each other until the good group knew they had to do something about these horrible people they had heard about and wanted to hunt them down. They were surprised when the final confrontation came on and I had them enter from opposite sides of a room with a combat arena of the gaming table and their figures all set up.

The good guys tried to reason with the bad guys, but they wouldn't hear it. Sadly, evil triumphed oveer good.
    now THAT is really cool. how did the two sides react? were they super suprised?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, they were definitely surprised as some of them didn't like the other, thus the reason why I was running two campaigns as they normally wouldn't play with each other. The toughest part was making sure that they didn't interact prior to the meeting, which wasn't always easy. But then I had no life back in college.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by drewshi View Post
    Oh, they were definitely surprised as some of them didn't like the other, thus the reason why I was running two campaigns as they normally wouldn't play with each other. The toughest part was making sure that they didn't interact prior to the meeting, which wasn't always easy. But then I had no life back in college.
    sounds like you guys had a blast. there wasn't any hard feelings were there. between the players who didn't like each other?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    sounds like you guys had a blast. there wasn't any hard feelings were there. between the players who didn't like each other?
    If I remember correctly, there weren't as I really spiced things up by playing it that way. They also got a kick out of planning their attacks across a table with the figures and all. We then had pizza and beer after the game. I think those that weren't friendly with each other were civil though, even in the aftergame.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome story! way to go bringing the sides together.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive