Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Ae-ww2

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ae-ww2

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I got to try a demo a few weeks ago it was pretty fun. The models are pretty sweet. Anyone else played it?
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never heard of it; would you like to elaborate? I am curious now.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its an alternate earth ww2 game http://www.darksondesigns.com/aeww2.html

uses the standard handful of d6s, I'm not a huge minis gamer so I'm not sure what to compare it to all I have ever really played is Warhammer Fantasy. You need less minis than Warhammer as it is squad based and there are no points you pick these templates to get your squad. They have preset and random mission. Preset are like you have orders to defend a bridge, once you get your preset mission then you build your squad based on what you need to complete that mission. The random missions are you ran into an enemy camp, opps! I think the random missions you pick your squad then roll to generate the random mission. There are also secondary objective cards that you get 3 of IIRC. These also give you victory points. I think if you complete all three you can loose the mission and still have a chance of winning. Thats all I really remember.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I went to PAX this weekend and AE-WW2 was there. The hallway they put them in was packed... I think the 40k guys were jealous because there must have been as many people trying to get to AE-WW2 as there were in the 40k room. The local store that had the models and books sold out in a day and they are having troubles getting more. The big surprise was 20-40% of the interested people who want to buy it are girls (I have never seen so many women interested in wargaming). Apearnetly they are all fond of the German geneticaly engineered apes, even my wife.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I should add that the guys I know who pay minis games regularly have now got a chance to try it and they told me to tell people if they like Necromunda they will probably like AE-WW2. Never having played Necromunda I have no idea what that means

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really enjoy Necromunda. It's like 40K but much more squad oriented. If AE-WW2 is similar that makes it a bit more interesting.
    --
    Grimwell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played it a few times now, its pretty fun. I still don't "get" it but I not a huge minis guy. We are playing out at Games and Gizmos every Wednesday for anyone in the Seattle area. The game designer is a nice guy and lets me borrow some of his till my minis are at leased put togeather.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought Id update that I still have yet to win once... I play the Germans. So if anyone wants to beat up on the Germans play against Morton...

I really am enjoying the game though and getting a better grasp of what I should have done.... like my Feuersoldat should charge the enemy and not hide behind a tree the entire game and that my mad doctor should not use his meds on my commander (or ape for that matter, possibly he just shouldnt use them at all). The heavy weapons team should not move into charging range of the enemy... Yeah I'm a slow learner.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 10-16-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that paznerschreck should definitely have popped the officer when it had the chance. You're totally getting the hang of the Germans though, so I'm sure the next game you'll do better. Besides, you were fighting the Soviets - no one beats the reds!
    The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the universe.