Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hello all.
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm a veteran DM/GM. I played my first Basic D&D game with I was nine. That was THIRTY-ONE years ago. I quickly became a DM because I had to be in control. Yeah, I can be a control freak at times.

I've played First Edition D&D, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Boot Hill, Marvel, Top Secret, and Teenagers from Outer Space.

I'm currently playing an online D&D campaign with my buddies from high school and college. We use the Fantasy Grounds system and Skype to play.

I have a seven year old who played his first game, solo with a few NPCs. I used the Basic set with him. He died, but it hasn't discouraged him. He just rolled up a better character now that he has a better grasp of the abilties.

I'm very old school when it comes to D&D. I understand many folks wanting more depth to the game, but I feel that's something a DM brings into his game and various editions of what worked really doesn't help. YMMV.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people here and getting some ideas that can improve my current campaign.
    Last edited by drewshi; 08-14-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You played Basic D&D in 1969?!? I'm impressed, I didn't come across it until '79 myself, but I was always a late bloomer. Or something involving blooming, I don't remember exactly.

Welcome...there are a lot of well-seasoned RPers here, so you should find plenty of kindred souls.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going! (But I'll happily be the GM...)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the boards, drewshi.

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhound View Post
    You played Basic D&D in 1969?!? I'm impressed, I didn't come across it until '79 myself, but I was always a late bloomer. Or something involving blooming, I don't remember exactly.

Welcome...there are a lot of well-seasoned RPers here, so you should find plenty of kindred souls.
    Whoops! Wrong number! I started at the age of nine and have played for thirty-one years. That makes more sense, I'm sure.
    Last edited by drewshi; 08-14-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Typed too fast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Pen and PaperGames, i myself am enjoying it here and there are many people on the site to talk to and enjoy. my favorite pass time at the moment is using the chat and talking about things like, in your last campaign was what your favorite villain and the like

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Welcome to the Site!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    teenagers from outer space was fun. i was bummed that i lost my space ship to the teleportation power... but hey, it happens. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi drewshi welcome

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Pen and Paper Games. I wish you luck in finding what you're looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to have another local veteran on the boards...tho I have have moved on to other additions of the game. (though not till last year, and also via a virtual tabletop-maptool and skype) I'm also introducing my sons to gaming. Welcome to the boards!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. I use the 2E version of D&D. It is what was available when I started playing. When 3.0 came out, I was not able to get it. Turned out to my advantage, since then came 3.5. Just when I was thinking that I might start to get the 3.5 books, I saw that they were developing 4E. Now the books cost more and I am once again, not in a position to think about getting them at this time. Plus, I am not to sure about all the checks for feats and skills.

This is a very good place to obtain ideas for future use in campaigns. Also, if you have a question, submit it to the "Ask the GM" panel. If your question get chosen, it will be posted up on the thread. Maybe I will be fortunate enough to be gaming for as long as you have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome!

Welcome!

Good to have experienced people! We are a very tolerant bunch here! and open to new ideas, constructive criticism and help.

See you around
    Saluti
    Carlos

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by drewshi View Post
    I'm a veteran DM/GM. I played my first Basic D&D game with I was nine. That was THIRTY-ONE years ago. I quickly became a DM because I had to be in control. Yeah, I can be a control freak at times.
    Kid.

So there are a few people around here trying to give a run for the money. I think at least one that has been playing longer than I have.

Nice to see a few old timers, even the younger old timers.
    Last edited by tesral; 08-19-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    Kid.

So there are a few people around her trying to give a run for the money. I think at least one that has been playing longer than I have.

Nice to see a few old timers, even the younger old timers.
    Hey, it's nice to be a younger old timer for once. Among most of my friends and coworkers, I am the old timer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast