Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Sci-Fi meets Fantasy

Downloads
    Uploads

Sci-Fi meets Fantasy

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm thinking of running a Sci-Fi meets Fantasy where the players are the crew of a inter-steller exploration vessel that crashes on a fantasy world. Any good adventure ideas? Module suggestions etc. I'll be using True20 but I could convert anything.

Muncher23

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I once contemplated running a campaign in sort of a reverse scenario inspired by the Dragonstar RPG.

My idea was to run the first few levels of the campaign as a straight-up D&D game with the players none the wiser. Build characters using the PHB and run a series of adventures that way. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, their world is suddenly descended upon by massive floating islands (starships) and at that point, they would be thrust into the "reality" that their world is just one planet in a galaxy full of more advanced beings. I thought it sounded fun.

That said, you might want to consult the Dragonstar books for ideas on how to mesh sci-fi with fantasy. Any edition of Gamma World would also probably give some good ideas.
    HARRY DRESDEN — WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Expedition to pikes peak

S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (Greyhawk)
    Expedition to the Barrier Peaks is a 1980 adventure module for the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game. Its associated code is S3. It is possibly the most elaborately illustrated of all early Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) modules, having a separate booklet of drawings for many rooms, devices and encounters.
    Expedition to the Barrier Peaks is also the name of a song in the World of Greyhawk campaign setting, presumably about the events of the module.

This module is the favorite of many D&D[1]. While D&D is a largely a fantasyscience fiction elements, specifically from the Gamma World[2]. fans. role-playing game roleplaying game, S3 tweaks that a bit by introducing

The adventure takes place on a crashed spaceship in the Barrier Peaks of the World of Greyhawk campaign setting.
    The official description from the module:
    The Grand Duchy of Geoff has recently been plagued by a rash of unusually weird and terrible monsters of an unknown sort. This western area, particularly the mountain fastness which separates the Grand Duchy from the Dry Steppes, has long been renowned for the generation of the most fearsome beasts, and it has been shunned accordingly—save a handful of hardy souls with exceptional abilities. Within the last few months, however, a walled town not far distant from the area, and four small fortresses as well, have been destroyed by mysterious attacks!
    It is the adventurers' job to find the source of these monsters and, if possible, put a stop to them.
    Many monsters made their first appearances in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, including the aurumvorax, froghemoth, and vegepygmy. Additionally, this module features robots and mighty powered weapons such as blaster rifles and laser pistols. This module also contains a fabulous suit of powered armor that allows characters to achieve incredible feats (characters have an 18(00) strength while wearing it). Many a Dungeon Master was dismayed to find players with characters wielding these genre-crossing arms, with some of the more conservative DMs (in terms of gameplay) banning them outright outside the confines of the module. Because of these special entities, the module is liberally illustrated to help aid players in understanding their mysterious encounters.
    The players will discover that this "dungeon" consists of part of a downed spacecraft, supposedly its inhabitants having succumbed to some sort of disease and died off. Many of the ship's robots are still functioning, however, and the players must either avoid or defeat them (a few are benign, however, and may be ignored). Wandering police robots and an overzealous weightlifting instructor are just two of the automatons that must be dealt with. One of the module's most curious encounters is a medical robot trying in vain to find a cure for the disease which has already killed off the ship's crew.

>>>>now take that and reverse it<<<<<<<
    crew in an emergency situation place themselves into hyper stasis to wake up after the vessel has crashed 10,000 years latter, the whole planet civilization is based on artifacts found aboard the ship including the characters- this sleep chambers self contained of course are now idols worshiped or at lease admired and locked up in some temple or keep!
    this ship remains is scattered across the world that has turned the items into object of power called magic artifacts!

due to the still functioning computer who has helped this world evolved it has used a loss Feudal system as a primitive model to help build civilization. the dynamics of the world allow for heighten psychic abilities channeled though Disciple Called Spells !
    then it dawns on the players !
    they world is structured after the last game they left in the holo suit
    Dungeons and dragons
    the only resources the damaged computer and its robot drones had - so they used it to build a world and genetically alter its original life forms to
    races in the computer holo storage!
    but now they characters are awake and they are in big trouble
    not only are they responsible for contaminating a world but now their awake their Containment pod has initialized a emergency satellite signal for the galactic Federation to find and rescue them. . . . or who ever is still out their and listening to that signal

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    star frontiers has some good ideas for you. free from online sources. ^^ (www.starfrontiers.com and www.starfrontiers.org )

also, i highly recommend that you read anything by andre norton. her books habitually mix fantasy and fiction in many interesting ways. excellent reading. and great for source ideas.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Great Ideas

Geat Ideas people, I am a Andre Norton fan (first sf/fantasy author I ever read).

My basic idea is to use the adventure from the true20 Narrators Screen -- spaceship comes near a fantasy world/some great Wizard senses the power and tries to draw the ship nearer/the ship crashes/Wizard sends adventurers to take the powercore/party are in stasis and awake to find the powercore gone etc

Just need to find a nice way to wind up my current Space 1889/Spycraft game

Muncher23

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    why? that would be an interesting ship to have crash on a fantasy world....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive