Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Introduction

Downloads
    Uploads

Introduction

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello.

I am glad to see that there is a spot for role-players to meet role-players. I played D&D in college, and later played the Hero game system for about 10 years. It's been 10 years since I last played and would like to get back into it.

I do not like D&D at all. Since playing the Hero system, and reading about other RGP systems, I feel that D&D is the "Ford Model T" compared to today's cars. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I enjoy the games a lot, but I also like socializing that comes with it. I'm married (happily), and 50 years old. I look forward to hearing from everybody.
    Babagnoosh
    What is reality?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the boards!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babagnoosh View Post
    Hello.

I am glad to see that there is a spot for role-players to meet role-players. I played D&D in college, and later played the Hero game system for about 10 years. It's been 10 years since I last played and would like to get back into it.

I do not like D&D at all. Since playing the Hero system, and reading about other RGP systems, I feel that D&D is the "Ford Model T" compared to today's cars. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I enjoy the games a lot, but I also like socializing that comes with it. I'm married (happily), and 50 years old. I look forward to hearing from everybody.
    I went through that too. Hated D&D for years until I discovered the 3.0+ system which made D&D easy. No longer do we use those tables and charts like the Basic or Advanced D&D systems. This D&D is more akin to the Champions/HERO system with a far better and easier combat system. d20 has revolutionized gaming.

Welcome to the boards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, neighbor! Glad to see someone else who likes HeroSystem. If you cannot get to the meet-up at the HalfPriceBooks, well at least check out the champainge I'm trying to start at the "Play By Post" post. It is a 'pdq' styled play, but it is meant to be Champions based. Yeah, I know, supers are different that fantacy, but who says elves don't exist in the modern world? Who thinks tech can't exist along side Majick?? Leme know what you think.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross