Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
D&D "Against the Giants" Minatures
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D&D "Against the Giants" Minatures

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

D&D "Against the Giants" Minatures

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Thoughts or opinions? I don't play the game, but have picked up the odd booster over the years to get figures for my games. My first (but not only) pick from the current set landed me this beauty:

That's a Shadow Hulk and it makes me a very happy GM with evil thoughts.
    --
    Grimwell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see your smile from here. lol Yeah, I have snuck a few of my son's DnD minis from his shelf from time to time. Everyone totally has a cow because I play the monster with abilities totally out of my head since I don't have a clue what the book says about the monster. lol Sort of like all the rest of my monsters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not into the large sets. The boosters cost around 6$ more, and a lot of the huge figures are ones I wouldn't see the value in for D&D Minis gameplay, at least for the 200 point games I normally play. That Shadow Hulk is definitely a good find though, congrats!

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just in it for the minis themselves, any set, any edition. They are relativity cheap, they are painted, they are nigh indestructible. I can carry a bunch around in a plastic file box sorted in zip-lock baggies.

I love pewter, but the plastic d&D minis are just too neat to not take advantage of.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    I'm just in it for the minis themselves, any set, any edition. They are relativity cheap, they are painted, they are nigh indestructible. I can carry a bunch around in a plastic file box sorted in zip-lock baggies.

I love pewter, but the plastic d&D minis are just too neat to not take advantage of.
    I like them for the same reasons, but also I prefer plastic over metal because they are so much easier to assemble. Plastic glue makes them stay together, with the metal ones, if you don't pin them first, unless you can weld them together...
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's also my reason to love them. I can't paint worth a hoot... and don't have the time to paint anyway. These are pre-painted, some are just amazing, and the price per mini is very cheap when you factor it in.

The randomness does not bother me at all because I can always use another orc, etc. Plus the uber ones are just hawt.
    --
    Grimwell

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ebay is pretty glutted right now with minis. If you don't care whether you get rare ones and just want to stockpile for D&D sessions, now is a good time to buy.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't play the minis game, I only use the D&D minis for RPG purposes. I haven't painted minis since I was a kid but with 4e I really needed minis (I started using them in 3e, but I never had enough).

I really like the big boosters, and Against the Giants is no exception. There's nothing like opening a pack to see a huge red dragon staring back up at you.

I've also gotten giants, purple worms, and some interesting golems in this pack.

I also like the small guys I've gotten in this. I've already pulled a couple of cockatrices and some good old goblins. Lots of great undead here too. I absolutely LOVE the flaming skeleton.

Sure, the big ones won't often see the light of day, but when they do, its SO worth it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by grimwell View Post
    That's also my reason to love them. I can't paint worth a hoot... and don't have the time to paint anyway. These are pre-painted, some are just amazing, and the price per mini is very cheap when you factor it in.

The randomness does not bother me at all because I can always use another orc, etc. Plus the uber ones are just hawt.
    Same reason i pay for prepainted ones. I just dont have the time to paint them, besides, there are some really fantastic painted mini's out there for cheap.

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's taken me years but I am getting closer and closer to having my collection painted!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Closer to completing, or closer to starting the work?
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well since Against the Giants came out last year. There has also been Demonweb, lots of Drow in that set, and now the new Players Handbook Heros. WoTC has pulled support to the miniatures game but has agreed to allow a group of players to have the license. Check out DDMGUILD.com The new packaging for the miniatures is 3 visible pieces for I believe $8.99? There are 6 different sets to the Players Handbook Hero's. Coming up in May we have Dangerous Delves. One visible Uncommon and I think 5 others in each booster.

Link to PH mini pictures and discussions

http://www.hordelings.com/forums/pos...wPage=0#185499

Dangerous Delves

http://www.hordelings.com/forums/pos...wPage=0#185219

http://www.hordelings.com/forums/pos...wPage=0#185607

http://www.hordelings.com/forums/pos...wPage=0#185849

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Closer to completing, or closer to starting the work?
    Little of column A - little of column B
    No, actaully all painted!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just bought my first of the new mini's and was impressed with the detail. Will be getting more.

Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cigamnogard View Post
    It's taken me years but I am getting closer and closer to having my collection painted!

You simply must share some photos with us. Put them in the minis threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast