Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Game Thread

So, I've written much better than this in the past, but I figured this would be sufficient to kick things off. Go ahead and make your entrances into the inn if you choose to show up there.

The merchant sat in the common room of the Scarlet Ogre, brooding over a tankard of ale. Business was down; at an all-time low. Those that usually arrived this time of year - the merchants, peddlers, vagabonds, and buyers and sellers alike - had not, and he had that feeling in his gut, that feeling that was never wrong though always sickening, that they never would. Stories had not been too supportive of the trade city Amisst. Not the stories told by bards, but by those that told rumors and spread whispers throughout the country. He had seen such work help his cause, but just as it did so in the past it was tearing him down. Of course, he could always relocate, find a different city, but Amisst was like home to him. He would do something about it.

A bard, a teller of stories, stood on a table atop the low stage, shadow long before the fire. He danced and waved an imaginative sword in the air, mimicking some character in a story. Abruptly he leaped, flickering lights sparkling for an instant before his feet touched the floor, and then leaned toward the audience and began to sing.

The sky is the stage, with a storm all around;
    The audience helplessly waits on the ground.
    The dragons above claim the sky as their own,
    And flame marks the path over which they have flown.
    Then up from below comes a thunderous cry;
    The paladin airborne appears in the sky!
    Each knight on his pegasus, lances at hand;
    To battle they ride, in a glorious stand.
    Mere words can't describe the magnificent fight,
    As dragon and paladin battle this night.
    Raw courage and steel against talon and breath,
    As more than one hero earns honor in death.
    The blood of both evil and good falls like rain,
    But when it is over, no dragons remain.
    Perhaps but a dream, or a vision, and yet,
    Those sharing this vision shall never forget.

Everyone clapped and raucous praise and laughter rose. It only took moments for the room to go to silence once more as the bard continued his tale. The merchant breathed a heavy sigh, looking out the window at the sky wondering if they ever would come.

OOC: The merchant should be rather noticeable, given he wears bright crimson robes trimmed with gold.
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jason

The front door opens admitting what could easily be called a very plain looking human. Non-descript in every way. Brown, ear length hair, well worn but in good condition clothes and footwear. A rapier hangs at his side, and a small hat adorns his head.

*he takes a seat beside the merchant and tips his hat*

"Well met again, my good merchant incarnadine. I do hope there will be more than this. I was lead to believe you would not be accompanying us and while I'm good, I'm by no means that good."

Downloads
    Uploads
    As the bard continues his tale, the door opens momentarily again, as a smaller humanoid standing just less than 5 feet tall enters the inn, features hidden behind a dark gray cloak with the hood raised, covering the face. The individual quickly closes the door behind, and after a quick scan of the room, starts to move around toward the merchant and his human companion. While walking, the cloak is unable to cover the occasional flashes of slender legs, wearing little more than slippers on the feet.

As it moves over, the humanoid raises its arms, flashing a pair of rings on long, delicate fingers of each hand. It uses those hands to lower the hood of the cloak back and there can be no mistake any longer. Based on the angular long pointed ears and almond-shaped eyes, it is hard to mistake the newcomer for anything other than an elf. And based on the delicate fingers and facial features, it is a female elf at that.

Her dark hair neatly groomed back along her head in a series of small braids - which are left loose along the back to sweep along her neck. Her sharp green eyes glisten, set against her fair skin. She slides though the crowd and furniture with a remarkable grace, to join the pair of humans. She basically glides into her seat, and barely gives the plain looking human a glance. She looks at the merchant only for a moment, as if to check that his appearance matches what she was expecting. She then turns her attention to the bard, but speaks to the merchant without looking at him.

"I believe you are looking for some help. I have come to do so, where shall we talk?"
    Even though her voice has an edge of seriousness to it, it is still the melodious sound for which elves are known. Even though the two humans can't see easily from their positions, her eyes constantly dart over everything in sight, taking everything in, even as she appears to simply enjoy the bard's tale.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jason

*greets the new come elf*

"Good day. I'm glad to see more than only I have answered the call. Unless you know of some reason, I see no need for secreacy"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Upon seeing the two travelers enter and approach the merchant, a man in a worn black cloak who had been sitting quietly in a darkened corner rose and made his way to the table. "Stay there for the moment," he commanded the two large men, also in cloaks, who had been sitting with him. The man's tone of voice was soft, but it had an underlying tone of power and menace. His companions didn't budge an inch, quite literally, and seeming pleased, the cloaked figure continued towards the other table. Sitting down rather quickly and before anyone could say anything, he slumped into a comfortable position, making himself right at home.

"Hello, everyone, allow me to introduce myself! I am Zomerus, hunter of irreverent desecrators of the dearly departed, and my companions and I will be joining this expedition! Of course, if no one else had shown up, we would have left without a word. One must put his life above both money and morals, eh?" When he said this, he attempted to be as charming as possible, seeming entirely different than he had only moments ago.

To this effect, he even removed his hood and gave a brilliant smile. It would be hard to determine which was more friendly. While a hooded stranger was not a person that one would immediately trust, without the hood, the man's corpse-gray skin could be seen. In addition, his slim features made him look a bit skeletal, increasing his disturbing appearance. A sharp contrast, though, was his absurd bright purple hair, which hung to his shoulders and seemed to have never been combed, making it look more like fur than true hair.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The merchant greeted the man with a growing nervousness that faded to a slight confidence, likely short-lived. He tried to keep his face calm, but sweat beading on his forehead belied the exterior.

"My friend," he began, but it was then when the female elf made her way in and took another seat at the table. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see the glimmer in his own as he took in her beauty. As though someone had slapped him, he sat abruptly back, eyelids fluttering, and began again.

"We shall talk here," he answered the elf. "Provided you keep your voices low, as necessary."

He scratched his chin irratibly while looking the two over. "Is this the best that could be done?" the merchant thought aloud, and the visible strain on his face said he did not mean for it to come out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The female elf twists her mouth into a smirk, still without facing the speaker. "You? I hope you know how to use that blade at your side more than you know how to make an impression. As far as a reason for secrecy, it is safer to assume that there is always someone listening, and until he who sent for aid says otherwise - it is better to speak without specifics."

As the merchant speaks, she quiets down. "As you wish good sir. As far as others, I was the only one sent from my clan as it was determined that I likely had the best skills to help. Although I won't even try to speak of the abilities of this other one, I will prove more than useful I am sure."

Last edited by Zane; 07-28-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: DM posted too quickly for me, so had to edit. :-P

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Nonsense. We are here to help our dear auburn friend out, nothing more."

*gives the elf a once over, not impressed*

"And as for my blade. likely not, but then, it's only there to make the brain ignore other things."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Skills." the merchant spits, looking around almost nervously. "That is one thing we are short of here. However-" he moves his crimson robe and gold coins could be heard within, "-money is something I have much of."

The merchants eyes keep looking around the inn, as if afraid. He leans closer to the table. "I don't like wasting others' time as much as I waste my own, and I assume you all would rather be on your respective ways. To make things short, I pay the party of you two hundred thousand gold pieces to accomplish what I ask. There will be more, or should be more coming, as was planned."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Done", the human says eagerly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The elf slightly chuckles at the plain human's words. "Dear friend? He may be yours - but I do not know him and have no real reason to simply help him out. I have heard bit and pieces of what is being asked for - but I am here for payment, and a bit of adventure."

Lalitil smiles at the sound of the merchant's jingling coin - the first time she truly smiled so far. "In that case, I believe an arrangement can be reached. I am called Lalitil, and will hear what exactly you have in mind. However, it seems prudent that we should wait for these others before doing too much business, including the specifics of your task. until then, does this place have anything decent to drink?" Lalitil gets the attention of a bar wench, to try and order some elven wine.

((OOC: I'm going on the premise that the merchant either posted a held wanted add equivalent, or spoke to a few people and spread the word that he was willing to pay. thus, news carried back to Lalitil's clan, and she is here now - although she never actually met the merchant herself. If that doesn't work, let me know. And I know we are posting a lot, but I figure some RP now can't hurt. Oh, and you all will notice (I hope) quickly that I use colored text to distinguish between things occurring and actions (in black), text (purple for Lalitil) and OOC comments (green). So, just for everyones reference.))
    Last edited by Zane; 07-28-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *upon seeing the newcomers skin, the human nods appreciatively*

"Well now, this is more like it. I was begining to fear I had wasted my time waiting for sir robin here to gather more."

*orders a glass of cranberry juice*

((OOC:Bedtime for Me))

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lalitil rolls her eyes at the plain human as he agrees, without knowing the terms. Deciding to pay such a fool little attention, she instead looks to the next visitor.

Lalitil looks over at Zomerus, her eyes betraying some intrigue about the obviously strange individual. "Well met Zomerus, I think. What exactly do you bring, other than your two companions?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    The merchant nods at the newcomer, at first listening to what the man had to say. Crossing his arms, he sits back in his chair once again, holding a calm composure, surely delighted that his cause was going over so well - that is until he sees Zomerus' face, and it seemed to pain him to keep from acting in shock. The merchant swallows deeply and nods at the man's offer.

"I am called Otik Carater, the head of the merchant's guild of this grand city." the merchant says. Otik opens his mouth to say something else, but snaps it shut, seeming to have done so because the elf diverted her attention to one of the wenches.

The girl, a young woman possibly not even past her eighteenth winter, stopped at the table, carrying a tray. She wore odd clothing when compared to the rest of them, completely baring her arms and shoulders, and left nearly nothing to cover the chest. She looks at Lalitil, almost confused, and then looks at Jason.

"Ale for you sir?" the serving wench said to Jason. "And wine for your wife?"

OOC: That is perfectly fine...I have seen such coloration used many times before on other forums. As for the merchant and the tribe, that will work just fine.

EDIT: And about the number of posts, I would think this is fine. There aren't many players here to actually need to wait for, and it kills time as well as builds the characters while we wait for the other PCs. So in essence, carry on!
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-28-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Nothing much," the man replied, pretending to be humble. As the former heir to a very wealthy noble family, he relished any attention that he got, whether it was positive or negative, thought fear got old after a while. "I am a mere dabbler in the powers of life and death. My skin has hardened, my body's ability to deal with foreign particles has developed beyond the natural, and my very touch can drain the life from lesser beings, but still my studies are only in the infant stages." He turned away for a moment to look at the barmaid, raising his hand, "I'll have some herbal tea if you have it!

Oh, and I'm a male, single at that." He sighed before turning back, "A shame that people don't have respect for spellcasters that aren't elderly men with long beards."

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast