Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 129

Thread: Game Thread

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    133
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    . .
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    133
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The bard leaves the stage and makes his way very quickly out of the common room, glancing nervously at the couple. With little noise, the door swings shut behind him, almost closing before a man pushes it open. The man standing in the doorway is tall with golden hair and almost feminine features. His stance is elegant, making him seem almost slouching while he stands there, though ready and alert as any trained warrior would be. A shortsword hangs from his belt - any who are educated in the elven culture will be able to see that both are indeed elven make - but it is covered as his cloak settles. Dark eyes survey the room, scanning the faces.

    Otik appears startled at the actions of the party. "I mean not to offend-"

    The man in the doorway moves forward upon spotting the table at which the company has gathered, his stride light and smooth. He keeps his hood up, his face shadowed if only a little.

    "-but I wish there to be no tension. All we need now is more problems." Otik attempts to calm those that were raising their voices to the woman with the crystal.

    The man looks at those standing, his eyes moving from the two that stood before the rest to Lalitil to Reh. Laughing slightly, he speaks. "The gods are not to be insulted, human. Guard your tongue lest you find yourself in the wrath of the gods." Then, in a low, yet powerful voice, "If a drow is among you, I advise you hide yourselves. The knights are on their way after a commoner's beckon." He remains nearly a statue, only his head giving a semblance of life in his body. Training his eyes on no one person for long enough for any to believe he was speaking to them, he still goes over each to show that he means what he says. "Make haste, if what is reported is not false."
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,090
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    ((OOC: Yes, it was in common. Sorry for the confusion.))

    Lalitil relaxes a little, believing them - for now. She stands back up, smoothing out her cloak. However, she remains backed off from the table a little bit, not yet retaking her seat. "I care not about the dieties' fueds," she replies to Zomeus. "It's much more personal than that." However, she drops the conversation, obviously not ready to discuss it. Looking back to the duo, she answers their question, "Drow are an underground-dwelling vile murderous race, one that worships spiders." Seeing the rukus that she and others brought, she continues. "I apologize for my action. I saw your pet, and assumed the worst. I simply have not seen anyone that was not with drow so comfortable around such vermin."
    The crystal thing comes to all it's feet, the very picture of quivering indignation. There is a choked emanation from it, <<V-v-vermin!?!?! Such... Why... What... Oh!!!>> It's sputtering trails off into barely detectable muttering under it's mental breath, as the woman snags it from her shoulder and holds it in her hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Addis Hellfire View Post
    Lazarus listens to the conversations, grows somewhat irritated. "Now that all of the confusion is out of the way, may we get back to the mission briefing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Lalitil nods to Lazarus, "As long as no more show up out of the blue, we should do just that." Lalitl looks back to Otik, waiting for him to try to explain the job once again.
    The spidery legs of the crystal evaporate with a soundless sparkle. Unless one were looking at the woman's hands just then, it is not very likely to have been noticed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    The bard leaves the stage and makes his way very quickly out of the common room, glancing nervously at the couple. With little noise, the door swings shut behind him, almost closing before a man pushes it open. The man standing in the doorway is tall with golden hair and almost feminine features. His stance is elegant, making him seem almost slouching while he stands there, though ready and alert as any trained warrior would be. A shortsword hangs from his belt - any who are educated in the elven culture will be able to see that both are indeed elven make - but it is covered as his cloak settles. Dark eyes survey the room, scanning the faces.
    The woman turns her body slightly. Somehow, she is aware of the man intently scanning the crowd. Immediately thereafter, man smoothly shifts stance to allow him to include the man in his field of view.

    Otik appears startled at the actions of the party. "I mean not to offend-"

    The man in the doorway moves forward upon spotting the table at which the company has gathered, his stride light and smooth. He keeps his hood up, his face shadowed if only a little.

    "-but I wish there to be no tension. All we need now is more problems." Otik attempts to calm those that were raising their voices to the woman with the crystal.
    The woman speaks, "We likewise apologize for our ignorance and for unintentionally causing a scene."

    The man looks at those standing, his eyes moving from the two that stood before the rest to Lalitil to Reh. Laughing slightly, he speaks. "The gods are not to be insulted, human. Guard your tongue lest you find yourself in the wrath of the gods." Then, in a low, yet powerful voice, "If a drow is among you, I advise you hide yourselves. The knights are on their way after a commoner's beckon." He remains nearly a statue, only his head giving a semblance of life in his body. Training his eyes on no one person for long enough for any to believe he was speaking to them, he still goes over each to show that he means what he says. "Make haste, if what is reported is not false."
    The woman is still. The man speaks for the first time. His voice, lower than the woman's, is equally melodic, a nice counterpoint to hers. He looks directly at the man calmly, and without fear. "We are of human descent, and furthermore are not kindly disposed towards those who deal with the Dark, as has been described." He gestures with one hand towards the elvish woman. His hand is large and heavily calloused, unmistakably the hand of a trained swordsman. "The bard who left as you came in, he seemed disturbed, perhaps afraid. Is he well? We enjoyed his singing."
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-05-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Reh takes his hands away from his sword, sets his chair upright and sits down, borrowing the nearest unattended drink.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lalitil does her best to focus on Otik, but can't help but notice the golden haired man that enters and approaches them. At first she sighs, thinking him yet another adventurer come to join in, but quickly decides that he must be a local based on the way he talks.

    When he finishes, Lalitil turns to face him slightly, taking a moment to measure him up. "Although I applaud your reactions to the thought of a drow presence, your knights will be wasting their time here - the drow would be dead at my hand long before they ever arrived."

    During this time, Lalitil does all she can to keep her attention elsewhere, away from the duo and the crystal spider.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    133
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    When the golden haired man came up to table, Otik lets out a sigh. He takes a moment to think - only a moment, and one he likely would regret - before making a decision. Simply put, he ignores anything else that was said. "Alright," he says, speaking up to the party. "Get on your way. Six hundred fifty thousand if you leave now - I don't want to be in the wrong light when the knights come."

    Otik makes a gesture as though he were going to stand, but nonetheless remains seated, waiting on ay decision.

    "I only come because people are talking of it. It's all over town." the man said to Lalitil. Nervously, he takes a look around the room. The man with golden hair seems to feel his work is fulfilled (or at least that he is done going out of his way to make a fool of himself) and spots an open seat at the bar, to which he moved.
    Last edited by Caligula; 08-08-2008 at 08:11 AM.
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Smyrna
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Upon hearing his employer announce that they were to leave, Zomerus' face brightened, "Finally! So then, my comrades, shall we go as a group and force our way past the guards or go one by one and sneak in with minimal violence? Personally, I don't care, but I'd prefer that it be decided immediately. Well, immediately after that stupid girl gets me my ghorb-ed tea!" The necromancer paused for a moment, looking awkward and glancing at the others sitting at the table, "Err...I didn't just swear in infernal; you misheard me. I said...eh...shut up! Let's just leave now."

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,090
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The man's attention settles briefly upon Zomerus, before moving on to the merchant. "I believe that there will be no need for force or deception... yet," he mentions casually. He eyes the merchant carefully, "In what light will the knights take our expedition?"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burbank
    Age
    22
    Posts
    63
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lazarus was alarmed by the the mention of guards en route to his current location, but did not react. His eyes shifted between the apparent adventuring party, then to the inn itself.

    [OOC: I know, Lazarus doesn't do much . . . 'tis how I act in an actual D&D game lol. How many windows and doors are there? What kind of inn would this be (common, well kept inn like The Inn of the Last Home, high class, or dingy low class that you would see in a place like Lankmar of Sanctuary?]


    Just a random bored person with a computer.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakdale
    Posts
    35
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I be tired of drinking this slop water anyway." With a gruff voice, Bruenor interjects himself into the conversation.

    "You have already done a fine job of drawing unwanted attention," His sunken, dwarven eyes address everyone though they primarily fall back to the once shrieking female and the rather eccentric "couple".

    "With the entire town upset over this fortress, it shouldn't be hard to get the story of what has been happening here."

    Patience may be a virtue for many races, but it can be rather hard to find for a dwarf, especially one that whom embraces the glory of battle with open arms. Bruenor was never one who fancied a long conversation that wrapped itself in circles. Besides, the swing of his hammer guided by Moradin reached an audience louder and with more clarity than the spoken word ever could.

    "And I'd rather get it from them than answer the questions of some knight..."

    Bruenor points at Zomerus.

    "He has the right idea. I say we should go."

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Falling Waters
    Posts
    144
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Jason

    **I"M BACK**

    "Let us be off then. I agree with the necromancer we should be off."

    *turns to the Zomerus*
    "Says something quietly* ((Anyone who speaks infernal, PM me and I'll dilvulge what was said)) ((Any who wish to overhear hear a gutteral, evil sounding vocolaziation))

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzodus Thoth
    "Finally! So then, my comrades, shall we go as a group and force our way past the guards or go one by one and sneak in with minimal violence? "
    "Doesn't matter as long as it lets me crush enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women and children."

    Quote Originally Posted by starwolf013
    "He has the right idea. I say we should go."
    *Reh Brock-Samson-esquely shouts "YES!" while slamming fist and what used to be a mug onto the table.*
    Last edited by Abbadon; 08-11-2008 at 04:19 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lalitil glances at the dwarf, mumbling in Elven ((any who speak Elven can PM me for what it was - DM, I'll send you a PM)) a moment, before making sure the blond haired man leaves. Once he does, she looks to Otik. "Agreed, 650,000 gp now. We should separate then, to more easily get past the likely now heightened security. We should meet inside the entrance an hour after sundown. If you can't make it in, you don't belong with this group." She holds her hand for payment from Otik, ready to leave as soon as it is received.

    ((OOC: And now everyone can figure a way in. Note that Lalitil doesn't care if people work together to get past - she's just figuring that the party shouldn't hang out together all day long, kind of draws attention, and that finding a way in alone, or with others, will be a good test of the others in her eyes. If I'm stealing your thunder Caligula, no offense intended, this is just how Lalitil would see it.))

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,090
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The couple wait patiently for the merchant to answer the question.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burbank
    Age
    22
    Posts
    63
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [OOC: Just posting a quick OOC to let you guys know I'm still here, lol. Lazarus is just sitting back and watching. Really though, windows, doors, what do we have to work with?]


    Just a random bored person with a computer.

Similar Threads

  1. Game Thread
    By Anaesthesia in forum Revenge of the Dragon
    Replies: 1490
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
  2. Game Thread
    By The Wandering Bard in forum Chains Of the Muse
    Replies: 1216
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
  3. Carnival of Souls: Introduction to Game
    By nijineko in forum Carnival of Souls
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
  4. Game Thread
    By Riftwalker in forum Semndon's Apprentice
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •