Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 129

Thread: Game Thread

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Well met Lazarus, and one third of 200,000 gold would be a bit over 66,000 gold for the party." She then looks to the necromancer as he speaks, "I agree that time is a factor as well Zomerus; however, I have heard that the keep is patrolled regularly to prevent access, likely done under some guise of 'protecting the general public' of course. So, unless you have a good way to get everyone past these guards this morning still, I for one would prefer to enter under the cover of night. And although he may not escape from us were he foolish enough to offer what he does not have, I feel better seeing at least part of it before we risk the unknown." Lalitil looks to Otik to ensure that the information she had been given was indeed true.
    Last edited by Zane; 07-31-2008 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,227
    Blog Entries
    43
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The door opens. A momentary break in the scudding clouds transforms the figure standing there into a tall shadowy sillouette. The figure shakes off some water droplets and stands aside holding the door open. Light spills into the room. The first figure reaches out, as if to help someone, but stops abruptly, as if rebuffed.

    A second figure, nearly as tall as the first walks hesitantly through the door, touching the edges of the frame as if unsure, somehow. Once the second individual is into the room, the first shuts the door, and looks around. The sweeping gaze suddenly centers upon the table at a slight motion from the other.

    With an odd gliding motion the two simultaneously approach, seeming to slide forward more than walk, each raising one arm. As they reach the table, their hands join, and they stop.

    The taller of the two is male, though there is a unusual delicacy about him despite his bulk, most notable in chisled planes of his face, and pale cream complexion. His hands are large and calloused; a trained eye would instantly mark his hands as those of a swordsman. He studies briefly each person in turn, meeting their gaze, his eyes an astonishing shade of emerald green. His hair shows blue highlights in its long black locks, some done up into a headdress adorned with crystals of no particular value, but with nice colors and well cut. He wears simple travelling clothes, easy to move in, with an overcloak. He has no armor or weapon visible, though he does have a small pack. A ring flashes in the firelight from each hand. One of his hands has a tattoo covering the back.

    The shorter is female, though she is short only by comparison, as each of the two must be over 6' tall. Her wide eyes are the deep azure of a cloudless summer noon, and her gaze is unsettling... for her pupils are almost non-existant. She does not look at anyone, indeed she is gazing off at a slight angle askance, though her head is held high. Her face is more angled than his, the delicate curve of her cheekbones prominent. Her hair is manifestly longer than his; the same blue highlights shine from the otherwise ebon lengths. Her headdress is more elaborate, trailing ribbons down her back and shoulders, but is likewise adorned with crystals of no real value. A large crystal sits where a buckle would on her belt, cunningly wrought into a spidery shape.

    Simultaneously, their mouths open, and they speak in perfect unison; a quiet, softly beautiful two-tone chorus:

    What darkness comprehendeth?
    The bone well gnawed,
    the dancer in ambit,
    an emotion unchained,
    an intellect bound,
    a martial pen,
    the softspoken sword,
    the single hand,
    the solitary eye,
    the printless foot,
    yet still light unknown.

    Beware the crimson gold,
    lest there be no sunrise.
    The woman's eyes are glowing, a blue water rippling sort of glow, which fades quickly. The couple pause, press their hands palm-to-palm in front of them, and bow slightly. The man, noticing the tattoo on his hand, archs an elegantly curved eyebrow and favors it a piercing glance, whereupon the tattoo hurridly slides up his wrist and out of sight under his sleeve.

    The woman opens her mouth to speak, but is interrupted, "<<Very pretty, but let's get down to buisness>>." The spidery crystal detatches from the woman's belt and clambers up to her shoulder, settling itself with a distinctly exsaperated stance and folding it's front legs. It's voice was not audible, but sounded in the heads of those about the table.

    She shushes the spidery crystal, "Hush, Ii." She turns her body so that she is roughly looking in the direction of the center of the table. "We are here to assist. I am called Oolana-tari, he is called Aah'mon-khad." She does not meet anyones gaze, but stares into the middle distance. In fact, her eyes do not even move at all.
    Last edited by nijineko; 07-31-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ((OOC: You know, I was wanting to get the rest of my desc in, and this is perfect - thanks!))

    As the two newcomers enter and approach the table, Lalitil looks forward to whisper to Otik. "Exactly how many did you call on for this job? Many more, and I'm not sure that your original offer would be enough to cover the risk for everyone."

    However, the duo's chorus draws her attention away from the merchant for a few moments. Her face curls up in a smile at the song, but it quickly fades as the crystal seems to come alive and move. After a brief moment of being shocked stiff, she explodes into action. Lalitil jumps back out of her seat, placing some distance between herself and the newcomers, flipping her cloak open and back over her shoulders as she does.

    As Lalitil comes to a kneeling stop with her cloak back over her shoulders, much of her equipment and form can be better seen - and all at the table can now see that anyone who mistook her for a helpless elven female would have been proven wrong. Obvious immediately is the finely made chain shirt that she appears to wear very comfortably. She is also carrying on her left hip a meticulously crafted rapier, with etchings of flame along the golden hilt. However, it is the sheathed dagger strapped on her right thigh which her hand now rests on, ready to draw it in a flash. Upon close inspection (for those who dare), her arms and legs show tight definition, more than most would expect for an elven female, and the well toned muscles now show well, as her whole body seems to tense up.

    She kneels for a moment, her breathing not really slowing down at all. In fact, it seems to quicken and her eyes actually seem to darken a little as
    her face becomes twisted and she almost seems to snarl. She seems like a rather different woman than before indicating that there is much more to this small, but powerful, elven woman than one might imagine at first guess.

    When she speaks, she does so in Elven, practically spitting out her words. <Who, and what, are you two that you use a creature like those pets of the damnable evil drow?!>

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Falling Waters
    Posts
    144
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Jason

    *stares at the two newcomers in befuddlement*

    "What in the nine hells....."

    Whatever was to be said next is lost in the frantic movments of the elven female.

    * to Lalitil*

    "Well, I certainly hope you can restrain yourself better in the fortress. If this is the reaction a little spider gets, I can't wait to see what happens if we run across any of the big ones."

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burbank
    Age
    22
    Posts
    63
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lazarus cocks and eyebrow, sits back, and watches the scene before him. His eyes shift between the newcomers, Lalitil, Jason, and all others around him. He absent absent mindedly places a hand gently on his bow as he watches.


    Just a random bored person with a computer.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    133
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Otik smiles at Zomerus, briefly. "The gold will be paid upon arrival."

    "Aye, you should enter by the night, although-" he stops when she finishes with a comment about his ability to pay up. With caution, he opens his robe on one side to show a great number of purses of varying colors and sizes, and then shows them the other side that looks the same. "Don't bother trying to take it - you'll never take it off my body while I am alive." That confused grin shows up again as he looks around for approval. Much to his liking, two figures enter the room, and an answer did not come prior. When Lalitil asks another question, he shrugs. "I only figured a couple would come...I was wagering on five at the best." Otik leans forward. "It seems I was mistaken." He ignores her comment about the amount not being enough, but it was likely forgotten when Lalitil jumps back.

    Otik appears confused, but nonetheless calm with the distance of the table between the spidery crystal and he. However, the bard does not react so calmly.

    Jumping back almost as much as Lalitil, though not in response to the creature but to the elf's abrupt commotion - but his eyes only became wider when they fell on the small thing now perched on the traveller's shoulder. Bushy, red eyebrows rise as if to make room for the piercing blue eyes, and his mouth falls open in the moment before the utterance of a scream and a curse. If only the bard were another commoner, but as his eyes go to the travellers, anyone who was watching him turns a wary eye on the newcomers, most unaware of the reason.
    Last edited by Caligula; 08-01-2008 at 09:36 AM.
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakdale
    Posts
    35
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "...they call this an ale?" is the thought that races through the mind of the stranger seated at the bar. His tongue slides across his lips and the lining of his meticulously cared for beard as he works to wash away the overly-sweetened taste of the beverage in his glass.

    "Must good enough for the likes of these frail bodies..."

    He surveys the room spotting many elves and humans. While he has no outright disdain for such inhabitants of the world, he knows that there are none that can brew or hold an ale like his own kind.

    His amusing thoughts of an elf trying to hold down a tankard of Steadfast Stout are cut quickly by the fight that breaks off to his right. In the process of fighting, the two men had spilled their "beverages" across the ground where the liquid puddle began to creep towards his carrying bag.

    "Lightweights..."

    The stranger lifts his bag off the floor, hops down off of the tall stool, and steps out of the path of the spilled drinks. He notices an assembly of characters of varying shapes, sizes, and colors. Most seem to be listening attentively to a rather loudly clothed man.

    His staggering 4'8", 139lbs frame stepped closer to the group. His eyes scanning over each of them.

    "By Moradin, this couldn't possibly be the reason I was called here. What would these characters know of that fortress?"

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Reh glances up at the two new comers and then looks about for an unattended drink, ignoring the chorus. When the crystal spider moves about, Reh, raises one hand up between his neck and shoulder to be ready to draw his sword. When Lalitil leaps back, Reh knocks his chair back standing up. When the bard starts screaming Reh firmly places his hands on his great sword, ready to draw it, looking at both the couple and the bard.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,227
    Blog Entries
    43
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The couple blink, again in perfect unison. The male... relaxes... in a fashion that any well-experienced warrior would recognize. To unexperienced eyes, he seems to be comfortably at ease. His gaze traverses the room, taking in the reactions... aware.

    The female's pupils suddenly fill with burning silvery shimmering points, and a gossamer bubble of rainbows flits away from her in a sphere, fading to nothingness by her arms reach, almost too quickly to register. She tilts her head inquiringly, turns her body slightly to so that her face is more precisely pointing at the female elf, and says in common, "I do not understand what you said." Her voice is still melodic, even when speaking. Her eyes, unmoving, gaze vacantly over the elf's head.

    One hand comes up and she places a finger on the little crystal thing perched on her shoulder, about where a mouth would be if it had one. It jerks slightly and bats at her finger a few times, but when she does not move her finger, it settles down on her shoulder, sulkily and without further utterance.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-02-2008 at 10:41 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lalitil shifts her glare over to the plain looking human, and he can see that any gleam in her bright green eyes has been replaced by a darkness. "Silence Lad'edan," she barks at him.

    She then stares hard at the female, but does seem to relax a little, even though her hand and stance remain the same. "I asked, 'Who, and what, are you two that you use a creature like those pets of the damnable evil drow?' Did you understand me that time?"
    Last edited by Zane; 08-03-2008 at 01:40 AM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Smyrna
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Calm down, calm down. Things will be more difficult for us later if we cause a ruckus now," Zomeus sighed as he stared blankly at the ceiling. He really didn't want to get involved in something as stupid as this, but it seemed that he had no choice. "I don't care about your deities' pointless squabbles. What I do care about is you making it harder to accomplish our goal.

    Either focus on the task at hand or leave. Besides, doesn't pointless violence go against an elf's usual philosophy? That's the problem with gods: they say something, but when you cross them...ehhh."

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,227
    Blog Entries
    43
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The couple seem to confer with each other, at least the slight body language visible seems to indicate so... a slight wave of the hand, shake of the head, the male huffs slightly... though nothing is audible. Despite this oddity, the man's attention remains locked upon his surroundings; clearly indicated by his eyes. After a few moments, the woman speaks again, inquiringly, "Whom are drow? Neither of us have ever heard of such persons, or is it a person... or thing?" She raises the hand touching the crystalline thing to brush her long hair back away from her face, tugging on it, revealing a decidedly round ear. She realizes what she is doing and drops the hand back to the crystal. Her long hair promptly slides back forward, partially covering her ear again.



    {occ: i'm assuming that the second address was in common. =D }
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-03-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ((OOC: Yes, it was in common. Sorry for the confusion.))

    Lalitil relaxes a little, believing them - for now. She stands back up, smoothing out her cloak. However, she remains backed off from the table a little bit, not yet retaking her seat. "I care not about the dieties' fueds," she replies to Zomeus. "It's much more personal than that." However, she drops the conversation, obviously not ready to discuss it. Looking back to the duo, she answers their question, "Drow are an underground-dwelling vile murderous race, one that worships spiders." Seeing the rukus that she and others brought, she continues. "I apologize for my action. I saw your pet, and assumed the worst. I simply have not seen anyone that was not with drow so comfortable around such vermin."

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burbank
    Age
    22
    Posts
    63
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [OOC: I'm still here, just haven't been near a computer for a while.]

    Lazarus listens to the conversations, grows somewhat irritated. "Now that all of the confusion is out of the way, may we get back to the mission briefing?"


    Just a random bored person with a computer.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Williston
    Posts
    565
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ((OOC: Come on, how many PbP games can get 60 posts in their game thread, and still not have the information about what exactly they are being hired to do? ))

    Lalitil nods to Lazarus, "As long as no more show up out of the blue, we should do just that." Lalitl looks back to Otik, waiting for him to try to explain the job once again.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Game Thread
    By Anaesthesia in forum Revenge of the Dragon
    Replies: 1490
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 10:35 AM
  2. Game Thread
    By The Wandering Bard in forum Chains Of the Muse
    Replies: 1216
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
  3. Carnival of Souls: Introduction to Game
    By nijineko in forum Carnival of Souls
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
  4. Game Thread
    By Riftwalker in forum Semndon's Apprentice
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •