Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Maybe," the necromancer replied dully. "Such gladiatorial shows are never as interesting as one hopes. I, personally am accustomed to seeing things much more entertaining. Furthermore, it doesn't look as if our new friend intends to join the fray."

Downloads
    Uploads
    The barbarian looks at the necromancer.

"Why should I join the fight? I have no sister to be insulted."

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((Loved your post on the last page Abbadon...made me laugh ))

Orik smiles as the barbarian comes to the table, and then looks around to count the others.

OOC: In character, Orik will see that they have a good number of people, so I think we shall carry on that way. Nijineko and starwolf are the only players who need to get their sheets in, so I would assume their characters can come in a little late to the discussion if necessary.

Orik leans in again, folding his hands before himself on the table. Abruptly, he cranes his neck to take a last look around the room before he returns, scanning the gathered adventurers' faces.

"To start off slow, I am a merchant, as most of you know." He pauses to take a deep breath. "So generally, my business is my support - for I and my family. But there are problems." As he goes on, he loses the noble speech that someone of his status would have and took on just a man explaining his problems and ideas.

"As some of you have heard with news around the city, there is a fortress nearby the city, and ancient fortress. Something is going on inside it...rumors are being stirred and it is scaring away my customers!" Orik's voice is low, but yet it holds an urgency. The nervousness has evaporated, and now it seems almost like a distant begging of the travelers gathered. "I need something done to reverse this...but I know not of the problem!"
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-29-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lalitil doesn't bother to even look at the barbarian as he tries his broken language skills on her. Thankfully, the brute turns his attention to another before Lalitil has to admit that she wasn't paying attention.

However, as Orik begins, she turns her full attention to him, although she still continues to tumble the coin back and forth across her slender pale fingers. "And so, you sought out adventurers, and what a group you have gathered. I know that you have promised the party two hundred thousand gold," she mentions that, quickly glancing around to judge the reactions of those who had not been told before. She then continues speaking, in the same breath as though she didn't pause at all, "but I need to know just what you ask be accomplished for this sum, since most of us have not yet already fully committed ourselves." Lalitil sits back a little, almost relaxing as she suddenly flips the coin she was playing with into the air. "And of course, you will pay half up front once we agree to the task." She then catches the coin, letting the slight *thump* as it falls into her waiting hand be a final emphasis, indicating that as non-negotiable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lazarus zoned out for a while, staring off at a wall, his mind going numb suddenly as the words and gestures to spells that he should not even know came to his mind, flooding it, not allowing him to think of anything else. Then, nearby voices reached his ears, and he slowly regained focus. Then, a fight broke out, and the loud noises let him concentrate on the discussion at hand. "I agree, it would be best if we knew what the task was . . . I wonder, there has not been any other news or events about this fortress?"

Just a random bored person with a computer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The barbarian looks at the merchant and says

"I, Reh, son of Howphicraft, may deal with this threat, but I too must know what it is. Let us know if they can survive it, or if it is some sorcery I cannot deal with, or if I should baby-sit the book-folk from monsters while they chant."

Reh then looks back at the female elf and attempts to make a some suggestion in elvish involving a druid, a duck and a hose, and a box of Epsom salts that would get a god of love slapped and sued by a goddess of desperation; but due to his lack of elvish only manages to say something that coincidently resembles Deuteronomy 22:10 in Swahili. This is followed by (in common):

"What name do the worshippers of the love goddess here use to call you?"
    Last edited by Abbadon; 07-30-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {ooc: what time of day is it? weather conditions? season and time of year? today's weather and conditions if unusual for the time? lunar phase(s)? any significant celestial signs recently? stellar conjunctions? changes in the land, flora or fauna? just wondering, you know. =D }
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    *stares at the barbarian trying to talk*

*stares some more*

*laughs uproariously when the goddess of love is mentioned in reference to the elf sitting across from him*

Downloads
    Uploads
    "What must be accomplished-" Otik's words cut off when the elven woman demands half the pay up front. "Absolutely not!" His face twists in angst as he fights momentarily with himself, finally agreeing on something. "The most I willpay before you complete your deeds is a third of the final. Not a gold piece more!" He did not raise his voice, but there was a firmness to it.

Otik does not answer the other questions, but instead stares at the elf, awaiting an answer.

OOC: Time of Day - Morning. Weather - Very overcast, on the verge of raining. A slight drizzle off and on. Season and Time of Year - Spring, many weeks following winter. Other - And nothing unusual. Btw all...sorry no post until so late. I was a bit busy this morning with work and the like.
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-30-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((OOC: Is it Otik or Orik? He introduced himself as Otik, but now you call him Orik... No problem with the slow posting, RL takes precedence as it must. Besides, it didn't hurt for us to slow down a bit after the first night of posting madness. ))

Lalitil seems to patiently let Reh finish his ramblings, before she looks at him with her penetrating dark green eyes. "Introductions are in order yes, but business first," she replies to him, her voice a touch softer than normal.

She then turns back to face the fuming Otik, studying him for a moment, letting them stare each other down in silence for what seems like hours, although only a few seconds pass. Suddenly, she smiles at the merchant. "That will be acceptable. After all, intelligent folk simply cannot be expected to agree to a proposal such as yours, likely with significant danger, without something to show for it." She pauses to glance at the others around the table, spending a few seconds focused on the now laughing human ((michaeljearley)). "One third up front works for me, although the others will have to decide for themselves," she summarizes to Otik.

"And the big guy here brought up another good point - introductions. Some have been made, some haven't. I am called Lalitil and the gray-skinned individual is Zomerus. Reh has introduced himself to us all, although the others have not." She glances at the elven male and plain looking human male in particular. "So, now that we are getting to know one another," Lalitil turns back to face Otik and leans back in her chair. "Please continue with what you know and what you expect for the price you are willing to pay."

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC: Lord. Three screwups and I'm out, I guess, and now that's the second. My apoligies...his name is Otik (Named after Tika's friend at the beginning of the Dragonlance Chronicles for those who've read them... I needed a name and that was the first thing I saw flipping through the book, so it stuck. My apoligies again.

As for replying, I'll give it just a little while to allow anyone to post to Lalitil's comment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((OOC: As the DM, I think you can decide how many screwups you get. Anyway, just wanted to know so I had it right from now on.))

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {ooc: and just for the record, any dm screwups in the party's favor are ALWAYS welcomed! }
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    [OOC: I demand spiced potatoes!!! If there is a man named Otik in the room, he had better make me spiced potatoes and give me non-watered ale.]

Lazarus scratches an itch behind his ear before answering. "My name is Lazarus. And, how much gold exactly does one-third consist of?"

Just a random bored person with a computer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zomerus, who had been sitting rather sleepily while waiting for a chance to speak, eventually got bored and interreupted, "As important as this discussion may be, time is money, and I think that it would be prudent if we got a move on. M experience with eliminating supernatural terrors tells me that the longer we let it sit, the harder it'll be to kill everything. We can discuss payment later. After all, money will do us little good right now, and when you consider that there are probably valuables within the fortress, it's all dead weight. I'd be fine with collecting after we've done our job.

Of course, payment will be expected the moment of our return. I simply don't see the point in carrying it around with us. I mean, with our combined talents, what are the odds that our wealthy friend here could escape without paying?"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast