Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: New Registry Search Feature: Compatibility Search

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb New Registry Search Feature: Compatibility Search

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Searching for players just got even easier! I've added a new feature that will allow you to search for other table-top gamers based on the information you put in your own profile. Here's how it works:

If you are registered and filled in at least your zipcode, then when you go into the Player Registry, you will see a new "Compatible Player Search" box. Simply select the radius in miles you want to search and the search tool will look for anyone who are:
    • Within the search area
    • Looking For a Group (LFG) or Looking for Players (LFP)
    • Interested in any of the same genres as you are
    • Available during any of the same days or times as you. Members who did not specify availability will also be included.
    In addition, on the front page of the forums, you will also see quick stats for members who have compatible profiles. These stats are updated every 15 minutes so you can see almost immediately when a new compatible member has registered.

Both of these features are in beta stage, so if you notice any hiccups, please send me a PM or leave a post in the Suggestions forum. So, what do you think? Any other suggestions for this feature?

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This really rocks. The Quick Stats is great.

Ok. Say I come up with a fantastic adventure that folks would kill to be in, and I want to share. I come to the site and see. "OH MY!" I exclaim. I've got a potential 30 people that I could drag kicking and screaming through my game. I forget myself and click on the Quick Stats and BAM! To my surprise, it does the Quick Search when I clicked on 30 players.

Is it possible to have a link to each of the Quick Search mile searches within the Player Registry Quick Stats? For example, where it shows 6 players within 5 miles, have that also be a link to the Quick Search as if the user had chosen 5 Miles from the Quick Search.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is definitely possible. I'll get that added.