Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Dungeon Crawl - Page 5
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Dungeon Crawl

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    there is a magic item which does the same thing, but it's kinda pricey. an amulet of natural weapons or some such. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, cool deal with the spells.

I started on the Monk character build and I think I'm going to have to go with the Barbarian/Fighter. More efficient killing machine (which is what the party needs). The monk was only slightly more accurate and had only one additional attack, but had about 3/4 the HP, had weaker average damage, and had nothing else over the Brb/Ftr.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That was what I was hoping for, seeing that we were short on fighting power...the Monk is nice, but like you said doesn't compare up close and personal.

(Btw, lets switch over to the Discussion Thread of the sub-forum)
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are still looking for a cleric, I would love to participate if you'd have me. I haven't played since AD&D 2nd edition days, so I would need help getting familiar with the some of the differences as well as the whole PbP style of gameplay.

However, I am online quite often and can post frequently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we have a player to play a cleric at the moment, but I am sure we can welcome another. Otherwise, we could use a fighter or some other combat oriented class, even considering that you are getting used to 3.5. So either way, welcome aboard!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by starwolf013 View Post
    I haven't played since AD&D 2nd edition days, so I would need help getting familiar with the some of the differences as well as the whole PbP style of gameplay.
    For coming from 2nd Edition - a basic fighter would likely be the easiest for you to use as you become familiar with the 3.5 system. That said, he (or she) could still be rather interesting (i.e. basic does not mean boring). If you need any help, feel free to send me a PM. I've actually started (past month) learning 2nd Ed rules myself, as I had a DM switch back to AD&D as 4th Edition was coming out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    True. Also, you could always take prestige classes and multiclasses as you learn the change in the rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input guys. I will pull the classes off of the crystal site and figure out what interests me the most out of what is there. I appreciate the help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, as just a little reminder to throw out there in case you haven't read the DM Notes thread (which you should for the character creation info and guidelines), you can't play sorcerers or wizards, seeing that we already have quite a few magical-based PCs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345