Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Dungeon Crawl

Downloads
    Uploads

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Dungeon Crawl

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    GAME FORUM: Shadows at Dusk
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-24-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be over extending myself, but I might be in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great to have you aboard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just the sort of thing for some fun and relaxation. i need to see how my current load balances before i commit to something new, however. i'll keep this in mind. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, nijineko Thanks for considering!

Use the force to make the right choice padawan. Make the right choice..... =D haha kidding

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, I guess when we have 5 or 6 people we can get this show on the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was level 10 your desired starting point, or just something you threw out as an idea?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, go with level 10. Go ahead and roll everything up here (hp, etc.) when you get around to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What mechanic are we using to roll attributes.
    4d6, 3d6, roll 7x choose 6, points etc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, I figured I should get this stuff up:

Character Level: Tenth.

Race, Class, Template & Alignment: Any race or class from the Player's Handbook (3.5e). If you want another race or class that is from another source, please send me some information on what it is, and why you want to play it. Any of the nine alignments are fine (provided they agree with any class or race you pick).

Ability Scores: Starting Ability Scores - One of two ways: 1.) 18, 16, 14, 12, 10 and 08 before racial adjustments if any, or 2.) 4d6 drop the lowest. Reroll anything that is below 8, and reroll all if none are above 12. Ability Scores - You get two points to put in any abilities for 4th and 8th level, and then an extra two (four bonus ability points total).

Hit Points: Max out the first level, then roll all subsequent levels up to 10.

Bonus Feat: You can get another bonus feat to start with if you choose to give your character a significant/interesting defect, such as a weakness, phobia, or flaw (pertaining at least vaguely to what might be found in a dungeon).

Starting Gold: 40,000 gold pieces, you may purchase whatever you want from the Players Handbook.

All characters must first be approved of by the DM (me). I am very open to different concepts, what I'm looking for is characters that will add character to the campaign. Try to think of interesting characters that will do well in a dungeon environment, and knowing that there will be plenty of things to overcome, you'll want to look at what the other players are going to be playing to make a well rounded party.

As a note to the actual game, most encounters will be with your level. However, I believe that the dice are what they are, and death may occur to the unlucky. Still, you can prevent it by making wise decisions, and working together. Either way, I'm not in this to kill off my PCs, but to make this an enjoyable game, and what is an enjoyable without some chance of failure?

--Sylvengard
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-20-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be quite interested in joining up if you still have a slot open. I'll send a PM with a character idea.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...tempting....

as a side note, you might want to post a copy of this, or at least a link to this thread over in the actual campaign invitation sub-forum. might drum up some more interest. (although it might also run you out of slots before i get around to making up my other mind.)

sooooooo, just how flexible are you when it comes to characters with "character"? there is this seriously weird and quite humorous concept i ran across once that would be a hoot to play.... just asking in case i do make up that other mind, you understand. ;D
    Last edited by nijineko; 07-22-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the PM, Zane, and I'm shootin a reply back your way.

Actually, I was thinking about that, but I didn't want to overdo it. I think I will; thanks! I also sent a PM to Farcaster to get a sub-forum up in the PBP section like the other games, but he stilll hasn't responded yet. Ah, I'll give him some time.

As for flexibility, get me a concept of what kind of character you wish to play. Worst that can happen is I could say no, so shoot. Usually I don't like wacky weird characters, but if it is a nice idea there is a chance I'll allow it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, here is the official story beginning and backdrop.

In the city of Amasst, the clerics are in an uproar. The legendary fortress of Anduk that is only a mile from the town has been targeted with the foulest of reputation, and they claim that boys as young as ten have wandered in never to be seen again. But of course, it seems the two knights that went in after them had little luck either, for none have seen their faces since. The fortress, living up to it's eery former name of Dusk, is a wonderous structure in the day, but when the sun falls the darkness in the doorway is both a beckoning call and a hideous warning.

The scholars claim it is an ancient relic of some sort, while the clerics insist that it is a demon from the Abyss. Which is true remains to be seen, for in Dusk much is hidden. One can sense it just by walking close enough to see it; a heaviness in the heart and an overwhelming dread in the stomach, yet something compelling reaches for them, daring them to go closer. The problem is becoming serious, as more villagers fall to the darkness. Now knights under the king's order have kept a watch on the fortress, not allowing any to pass.

However, a merchant is losing his business. With more and more news rising, few even want to pass through the little town called Amasst for fear of dark spirits. He wants everything to go back to normal, and he's willing to pay. Oh, of course he won't step foot near it, but the fat purse goes to him who can put an end to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to join, but I haven't actually played a game before, though I've been reading the rules for while. Would this be a good place to start, or should I look elsewhere?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast