Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting Characters to D&D

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Converting Characters to D&D

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I've always been curious as to how certain characters would look like in D&D, so this thread is for making characters either based on or actually characters that already exist in games, movies, books, etc.

One character I've managed to make is Dante from the game Devil May Cry. As for a race, I chose a Plainetouched since Dante looks like a human except for the white hair ( . . . ignore the Devil Trigger . . . ). For classes I found that a Fighter/Rogue combo works pretty well. The Fighter is pretty obvious for him, and Rogue covers the stunts he pulls both in and out of combat. I'm still trying to figure out what his Devil Trigger would be. As for weapons . . . Rebellion is pretty much a broadsword (he swings with both two hands and one hand), Cerberus is . . . er . . . are there nanchaku in D&D? . . . A&R are double scimitars . . . Beowolf is just a set of bracers and greaves . . . not sure what to do with Nevan.

Anybody have a character that would be awesome in D&D?

Just a random bored person with a computer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've stated so many characters for 3e.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - Fighter/Rogue with the Feats Mounted Combat, Ride by Attack, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Guts(from the manga/anime Berserk) - Barbarian/Fighter(Dungeon Crusher variant) too many feats to list of the top of my head. His sword the Dragonslayer could be used as a tower shield in the same round he attacked(ranged attacks only) and his cannon arm did Ballista Damage.

Prince of Persia - Psionic Warrior/Rogue - Used the feat 'Up the Walls' heavily and had enough rogue levels for Skill Mastery(Jump, Tumble, Climb, and Balance). Dagger of Time was of course an artifact.

That's all I want to do for now but rest assured if I liked the movie or the game the character was in I usually stated them at least in my mind.
    Normal people worry me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, so I'm cheating a little bit, but I did stat up the entire cast of heroes from the Mystery Men film using Mutants & Masterminds! Boy, that was fun! I think Sphinx was my favorite.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a question that I'm sure people have heard before . . . but . . . how would you make Sephiroth?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I was going to reply and say that Final Fantasy characters just don't translate to D&D very well... unless of course you go epic and kinda just toss aside the entire magic system... which is doable.

So in deciding how to stat Seph's sword and what feats he would have and what general level he would be I came to a conclusion.

Addis Hellfire sucks.

Jerk. Now I won't be able to stop thinking about this until it's done.
    Normal people worry me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Igbutton View Post
    So I was going to reply and say that Final Fantasy characters just don't translate to D&D very well... unless of course you go epic and kinda just toss aside the entire magic system... which is doable.

So in deciding how to stat Seph's sword and what feats he would have and what general level he would be I came to a conclusion.

Addis Hellfire sucks.

Jerk. Now I won't be able to stop thinking about this until it's done.
    Lol, your welcome. Er, as for a race, again I was thinking of Planetouched . . . I don't know any others that would work for him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe, nice.

Hmm one Robin of luxley(one of the many Robin hood versions)
    Human Figther Lvl 4.
    3 Feats:
    Power att.
    Point blank shot.
    Precise shot.
    3 Figter feats:
    Quick Draw.
    Blind fight.
    Imp Bull rush.

Fast, Dirty figthing good Archer.

What about Joan of arc. Paladin/Figther?.... hmmm...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In an older issue of Inquest magazine (that I have buried around here somewhere), the staff put together an article (complete with stats) about their D&D "dream team", i.e. the characters from fantasy fiction that they'd like to see join together into the prototypical 4-man D&D adventuring party.

The Fighter: Conan

The Wizard: A "younger" Elminster

The Healer: Aragorn

The Thief: Gray Mouser

That was a cool article. I'll have to dig it out sometime.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    In an older issue of Inquest magazine (that I have buried around here somewhere), the staff put together an article (complete with stats) about their D&D "dream team", i.e. the characters from fantasy fiction that they'd like to see join together into the prototypical 4-man D&D adventuring party.

The Fighter: Conan

The Wizard: A "younger" Elminster

The Healer: Aragorn

The Thief: Gray Mouser

That was a cool article. I'll have to dig it out sometime.
    Hey, could you post the stats for the Grey Mouser? I don't think they ever redid Lankmar. Are there stats for Fafhrd?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Addis Hellfire View Post
    Hey, could you post the stats for the Grey Mouser? I don't think they ever redid Lankmar. Are there stats for Fafhrd?
    they were statted out in the original dieties and demigods, both were, in 3x terms "multiclassed" fighter/rogues, with grey mouser being rogue heavy, and fafhrd being fighter heavy. grey mouser was 15thf/11ftr/3mu, and fafhrd was 15rgr/5brd/13thf, but, in 1e terms, they were statted like the gods in the d&dg, so it would probably be wise not to do a straight level to level conversion into 3e terms, and would be a different issue all together in 4e terms.
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread on the Wizards forums has the vast majority of the characters from Naruto.
    Most DBZ characters are epic level gestalt monk/wilders.
    Kurama from Yu Yu Hakushou is an epic level human unholy scion (Heroes of Horror) gestalt fighter/druid with levels of lasher (Sword and Fist) and a magical, plant-based version of pyrokineticist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzodus Thoth View Post
    This thread on the Wizards forums has the vast majority of the characters from Naruto.
    Most DBZ characters are epic level gestalt monk/wilders.
    Kurama from Yu Yu Hakushou is an epic level human unholy scion (Heroes of Horror) gestalt fighter/druid with levels of lasher (Sword and Fist) and a magical, plant-based version of pyrokineticist.
    Hey, what about Heiei (spelling?) and one of the Togaros . . . er . . . the skinny one with the mask in the Dark Tournament.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not entirely sure of what Hiei's race would be, but he would probably be an epic level gestalt barbarian/wilder with the cerebral rager (Hyperconscious) prestige class.
    The elder Toguro would be a maho tsukai with some form of racial fast healing. I can't figure out exactly what the younger Toguro would be, but he's probably got some psychic warrior levels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to dig them out as well, but if I can find them, I have those issues of Dragon as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lelouch from Code Geass is a telepath 10/thrallherd 10. His improved thrall is Kallen, a psychic warrior 9/ pyrokineticist 10 and his second thrall is C.C., a telepath 18 (she's second because she didn't actively help him until after he rescued her from Mao). For R2, replace Kallen with Rolo, a rogue 4/ telepath 4/ shadowmind 10 (Complete Psionic).
    Last edited by Genzodus Thoth; 07-19-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast