Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: (WEG d6) Star Wars Campaign Ideas

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

(WEG d6) Star Wars Campaign Ideas

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well folks,
    I gotta say after reading a lot of your posts and after some nudging of a couple of friends of mine (Webhead and Thoth-Amon). I will say you have got my creative juices running rampant again. SO, welcome to my new gaming thread that will serve as my um....GameMaster Journal? for the evolution of my Star Wars Campaign.

I know many of you are advocates of the new SAGA system and while that's wonderful, I didn't bring it with me in my move (conscious thought as I still managed to bring my West End Games d6 version with me...hehehe) So as the title explains I'm running my game with those rules.

Some ideas I'm working around in my brain at this moment is the point in the timeline I'm going to place it in:

1) Revenge of the Sith Era/Fall of the Jedi - I like the feeling that the jedi are on the run and in hiding also I can use a lot of Empire villians that everyone is familiar with.

2) "Legacy" era - based off the comic books. This era is about 1000 years after the events of Return of the Jedi (off hand I don't know...but I think it's 1000 years). The universe is slightly more advanced...but the danger of the dark side is starting to sweep back across the galaxy.

3) Knights of the Old Republic era - God, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the Kotor X-Box games. I was always a fan of the "Tales of the Jedi" era and Bioware delivered in spades with story and a wonderful star wars game. The Jedi and Sith Factions are at their height in power and in constant war.

Flavor of the Story?: Like all my games, while it might be repetitive some would say, I do favor a more darker approach. The lines of good and evil are always tested and moral choices will hopefully draw my players in. SO, that's where I'm at right now...any thoughts? opinions?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As mentioned on another thread, my current campaign is set in Revenge of the Sith/Fall of the Jedi era. That's not one that I've ever really explored before and it is proving to be a lot of fun. Since most of my previous games were set during the "Classic Trilogy" peroid with very severe restriction on Jedi and Force powers, setting a game during the Jedi Purge allows for a lot of Jedi action, but still keeps them on their toes as they have an entire galaxy conspiring against them.

I'm not familiar with any of the work for the "Legacy" era, but I'm a fan of the TotJ/KotOR materials as well and have never really explored those eras in game to any great extent. I am currently re-reading my TotJ trades and have thus been feeling inspired to tinker with a game of that style, but time will tell when I will get to explore it.

Keep us up-to-date on your campaign coming together. I'll freely chip in my thoughts on a Star Wars campaign if prompted.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask your players what era they want to play in.

As for me, I choose an era that most players are going to be unfamiliar with so that I may avoid any conflicts with players who know as much or more about Star Wars than I do and I can keep the game MY version of the SW universe.

But favorites are;

Tales of the Jedi (yes, NOT KotOR!!!)
    Rise of the Empire
    Rebellion
    and I am really getting into Legacy
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any players just yet..... The thing is I've tried that before and found it's easier to start off a game with something of your creation and interest and "draw" the players into the story....THEN ask them what they'd like to see. Of Course, there's good things and bad things to my approach but that has been my experience. I've only had one bad experience. I did run three dark jedi campaigns with my old group of players. Thing is I run the campaign smart and it's not a dark jedi slaughter fest. The story is driven by my personal campaign goals and the story the character's build around their characters. Well...one time this lone player said he didn't like my game because and I quote: "He felt like he was telling his story." lol Oh well, I can't win everytime.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerath View Post
    I don't have any players just yet..... The thing is I've tried that before and found it's easier to start off a game with something of your creation and interest and "draw" the players into the story....THEN ask them what they'd like to see. Of Course, there's good things and bad things to my approach but that has been my experience. I've only had one bad experience. I did run three dark jedi campaigns with my old group of players. Thing is I run the campaign smart and it's not a dark jedi slaughter fest. The story is driven by my personal campaign goals and the story the character's build around their characters. Well...one time this lone player said he didn't like my game because and I quote: "He felt like he was telling his story." lol Oh well, I can't win everytime.
    Who you kidding? I know of two players that wanted you to start your Star Wars D6 campaign yesterday. Start preparing!

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hehehe...well who wouldn't be spurred into action after that! I'll start working on it this next week after D&D. Give me a call or post what period interests you the most.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerath View Post
    hehehe...well who wouldn't be spurred into action after that! I'll start working on it this next week after D&D. Give me a call or post what period interests you the most.
    No idea about the periods, but it would be safe to say that both of us have no preference. So pick your favorite period and get crackin'!

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads

Best Wishes

Might be interesting to have players be soldiers/ mecenaries after what they think are "evil" Jedi

Characters could be jedi who are looking for a way to get out of a certain system. This would be a heavily millitarized zone and require pirates to sneak them out. Of course the characters could always be the pirates and offer jedi a way out for the added security.

Personally I much prefer the D6 version over any of the later version. I always felt it captured the feel of Starwars better.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iceage View Post
    Might be interesting to have players be soldiers/ mecenaries after what they think are "evil" Jedi

Characters could be jedi who are looking for a way to get out of a certain system. This would be a heavily millitarized zone and require pirates to sneak them out. Of course the characters could always be the pirates and offer jedi a way out for the added security.

Personally I much prefer the D6 version over any of the later version. I always felt it captured the feel of Starwars better.

Me, too. I am currently involved in a friends campaign involving the D6 WEG system and our timeline is the 10-year gap between episode 1 & 2.

It's pretty fun and definitely captures the feel of Starwars better than the D20 system. Progressing as a Jedi is much slower and you have to spend your character points wisely.

"but hey, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong!" - Dennis Miller