Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic Items for D&D3.5

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magic Items for D&D3.5

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    As Farcaster suggested in another subforum, I'm sharing a few pages of magic items listed in excel format for general consumption. Enjoy:
    click me
    Last edited by Moritz; 12-04-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Is this item too "evil"?

Stingy Coin Purse
    This strange device is similar to a bag of holding, except that it is the size of a belt pouch. It acts and functions like a normal pouch, with an identical capacity, except when it comes to coins. Any number of coins can be placed into the belt pouch and it will never fill, or gain weight. The drawback to this amazing coin capacity is that coins can be retrieved from the purse at a maximum rate of 1 coin each day. It also only gives coins back from the lowest value to the highest value. If a coin is not taken out on any given day, it spits out the previous days unclaimed coin to make room for the current days coin. For most purses this happens at dawn. Not even a wish or miracle spell can speed up the retrieval of the coins placed inside.
    Most purses are found empty buried under a pile of coins, long abandoned by their frustrated users, while others may spit out a copper piece each day for decades to come before changing to silver or even gold coins. Legends exist of some purses that have an entire kingdom treasury having been place inside of them by overprotective rulers, only to have been lost when their kingdoms fell.
    Requirements to create: Same as Bag of Holding I

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually think that one is pretty cool idea. It offers alot of potental in stories. Most of the time, I don't find items to be to over power as long as the requirements to use them, what you have to do to get them, or the consiquences for using them are just as powerful. For example, a group may have to kill a high level Red dragon who has made his home on top of the bag and its coins. Also, its not like the bag creates money, just spits is out slowly...very slowly. Which would annoy alot of players I know, so I don't see many players using this on as storage for their coins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't there some rule that says if you put a bag of holding into a portable hole it destroys both but the contents get lost in the Astral Plane or something? I'd have to look it up.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I pulled this on some of my former players (Sam/Clay), you wouldn't hear the end to the whining. It'd be like whining in Carlsbad Caverns, a constant annoying echo - Or hanging out with a 12 year old little girl who thinks she should be the center of the universe and isn't getting her way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That magical bag is MEAN!!!!!! I tell you what, for the first couple of sessions that I had the bag would have been fun or I would have tried to be creative. after about a week of getting a FLIPPING copper out of the thing I would have knifed the crap out of the bag just to save my sanity, and relieve my frustration.

Downloads
    Uploads

What's the + value?

First: I know that the Coin purse is mean/evil, but I plan on it being a 1st level party treasure with an NPC warning them about it. If I ever strip them of their gear from various plots, I'll leave it discarded and easily found.

Second: What would the plus value of this weapon ability be? +1 or +2?
    Touching: Any touched ranged spell who's charge can be held can be applied to the next single attack made by this weapon. The casting of the spell still takes it's normal duration and provoked Attacks of Opportunity as normal. This ability can only be applied to melee weapons, and not thrown weapons or projectiles.

The wording probably needs a little work, I know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why would someone make that?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just being mean?

Just cause they can?

How about, the person who created it knows the trigger to make the bag barf up everything and can sense the bag. Therefore, follow the bag, steal it, collect the loot, sell the bag again for more profit in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads

several ideas for WHY the bag would be

1. They were actually created by a metalic dragon, the coins placed in the bag appear in the dragon's horde. It inflates the dragon's horde while in all intense purposes it is only borrowing the coins.
    1b. replace the dragon with a tax collector, where the coins go straight to the kingdom's vaults, but allows the embesselor to take coins slowly back out, at a rate that may not be noticed.

2. An evil advisor made is as a method to bankrupt a kingdom so he could take control. It would answer yes or no to divinitations such as, "Are the coins placed in the bag safe from theft? (yes)" and so on to get past the kingdom's other protectors. As the advisor was planning on becoming a lich, it knew it would eventually get the coins back during it's ageless life.

3. A king wizard made it as a reward for the services of a pesant, filling it with enough silver so that they pesants family will always have enough money for food for several generations, while preventing them from spending it unwisely.

4. It could be a mag made by fey as a practical joke. They would think the reactions of adventurers a complete laugh and a lesson against greed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It may just be a cursed item.
    Not all magical items end in success.
    The origanal item would have been a magical bag of holding which lets you reach in and retrieve the exact amount of money you wish.
    When the final magics were laid, it zigged when it should have zagged and walla, evil magic purse.
    I like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    voila!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    voila!
    Now you're just pointlessly spamming.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spammer!

He's a bot, just like me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes...I am an Edutron 9000 specializing in correcting poor linguistics skills
    Last edited by Digital Arcanist; 12-08-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast