Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rail Baron Mo - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rail Baron Mo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Wonder if she feels like the lil Dutch boy with the finger in the dike. She just knows one day all heck is going to break out all around her. lol She probably feels like the world is on her back and is just waiting for the day where it is released. Go for it and relieve her fears and be sure to include her in your dreams. She might like it.
    She might get into the railroading. I've tried to get her into gaming quite a few times, but it just isn't her thing! But she doesn't stop me from playing so that's a plus.

By the way, I need to look up an article in Model Railroader about wyes and wiring. If you've ever thought of going DCC, there is a system that you can buy that has an auto-reverse system that will automagically change the polarity of a wye as the train travels through it or at least if I remember the article correctly. Don't remember the systems name but I don't think it's too expensive and would be a lot easier than wiring it yourself.

Plus, if you're looking into DCC, then you'd be buying one anyway. Personally, I'm going DCC, mostly because you can run multiple trains a lot easier than than with DC and block control!

Mostly what I'm looking at with the railroading is something for me to do if I ever get the chance to retire! Course, I'll probably need to model in O scale by that time so that I can see what I'm doing but hey, it'll still be model railroading!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape View Post
    Mostly what I'm looking at with the railroading is something for me to do if I ever get the chance to retire! Course, I'll probably need to model in O scale by that time so that I can see what I'm doing but hey, it'll still be model railroading!
    I've toyed with G. Ended up giving it all to a Nephew. There isn't much DCC for the N gage stuff, so I'll have to do it the old fasion way.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought my step daughter an N scale setup (ez track + engine, 3 cars, caboose). She enjoyed it. I've considered doing an N scale layout, but, all my current stuff (from childhood) is HO and it would be a significant investment to retool to N. But, you can do SOOOO much more in N scale with limited space.
    "And then you wake up."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could do a virtual track. Or like me, I have a track of the whole US on my table. It is called 1830.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.trainplayer.com/

So I found this for track design and virtual play. Free demo. Pretty sweet.
    "And then you wake up."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I updated my layout. Already put out all the track this morning and I see that I'll need two more opposing switches to get the train out of the center loops. Blue lines are areas that i need to buy and lay. . :

Last edited by Moritz; 07-04-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    "And then you wake up."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I tore it all down two weeks ago.

Then last weekend I went to Lowes, bought lumber, and rebuilt the table, smaller, stronger, and hinged it to the wall so i can fold it away. (even with fold up legs).

I'm also going from HO scale to N scale. Decided I didn't have enough space for HO. So I've been scouring ebay for items to purchase.

I'll post pictures soon.
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that must have been a hell of a decision to make. I don't envy you. Good luck with the rebuild.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritz View Post
    Well, I tore it all down two weeks ago.

Then last weekend I went to Lowes, bought lumber, and rebuilt the table, smaller, stronger, and hinged it to the wall so i can fold it away. (even with fold up legs).

I'm also going from HO scale to N scale. Decided I didn't have enough space for HO. So I've been scouring ebay for items to purchase.

I'll post pictures soon.
    I keep flipping back and forth between HO & N. While I like N because you can get a butt-load of stuff in a small area, HO is much easier to see. Granted, my vision is still pretty good, but I can also tell that it's not quite a sharp as it used to be!

Plus, it'll continue to get worst. Course, unless I get quite a bit of money, I'll be in the planning stages for another 10 or so years. At least my wife is beginning to entertain the idea of me someday building a layout!

Good luck on the rebuild and I can't wait to see pictures!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Waiting to see the rebuild too. How ironic that when I checked out the thread there was an ad for a hobby shop at the bottom of the screen and they had trains pictured. Talk about targeting your customer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123