Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You, Arahira, nijineko, WolfeShade, and a friend from elsewhere who hasn't signed up here yet. He's unable to join right away, so I'll be holding a spot for him until he is available. I have a fifth who showed interest, but haven't confirmed anything with, because 1> I was waiting for a reply from someone else first, which I got a couple days ago, and 2> I'm a lazy bastard and hadn't gotten around to letting him know the spot's open. I guess I should do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good sounds like a fine group I think Im going to enjoy this ive been watching nijineko's campaign stuff and am interested in adventureing along side him and meeting the rest of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok next question, and this may be a silly one to ask but it the introduction you made mention that the campaign will be based around what we want to do as long as we remain within the city state, are we going to work together mainly ie. somewhat of a plot, or is this just a base that we work on to our own ends.

*edit* to save makeing another unneeded post another question I have is where would you like us to put character background stuff/descriptions or does that matter atm.
    Last edited by Elbryon; 07-11-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah... we can work together... for a fee.... ;D

(just kidding... )

(mostly!)
    Last edited by nijineko; 07-11-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh well rob from the rich pay off the muscle sounds fair to me

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can live with that. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbryon View Post
    Ok next question, and this may be a silly one to ask but it the introduction you made mention that the campaign will be based around what we want to do as long as we remain within the city state, are we going to work together mainly ie. somewhat of a plot, or is this just a base that we work on to our own ends.

*edit* to save makeing another unneeded post another question I have is where would you like us to put character background stuff/descriptions or does that matter atm.
    Ideally, I'd like you guys to (mostly) stick together, and work towards a single, common goal. Since this format doesn't require me to respond instantly to your actions, I'm essentially giving free rein, and building the adventure around what you do. As you travel about and do your thing, adventure hooks will be thrown out as they become available.

Think about it kinda like a Final Fantasy game. You have an ultimate goal, but you can wander almost anywhere, and do a multitude of side quests and extras before you work on the goal set out for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exellent that is what I was hoping for.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    is there a fantasy style work-out gym in the city? or order of monks? or stonemason's guild? some place where i could get some exercise without getting killed?

btw, i was thinking that it might be better if my origin story involved one being a project of one of the underlings, rather than the top dog. scale down any potential lethality a bit, ne?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if that's an option. I'll reread the section on the groups we discussed, and let you know what I find.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrite View Post
    You, Arahira, nijineko, WolfeShade, and a friend from elsewhere ...
    Oooo! Oooo! Me, too!
    *raises frantically hand with a pick-me-pick-me-pick-me face*

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome, fitz from elsewhere.... ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz10019 View Post
    Oooo! Oooo! Me, too!
    *raises frantically hand with a pick-me-pick-me-pick-me face*
    Yes, you're the guy who, at the time of the original post, hadn't been invited because I'm a lazy bastard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

So we start at level 5...

Should our backgrounds cover just to the point where we left home...

Or through level 4 (including early exploits that gained us our experience)...

Are we meeting for the first time when we reach level 5?

Or did we meet at level 1-4, and have already been working together?

Edit:
    Will there be downtime for crafting? Or is this more of a non-stop action setting?
    Last edited by Fitz10019; 07-13-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The format pretty much precludes non-stop action. There is a good chance that there will be crafting time, but don't count on it always being available.

The City-State of the Invincible Overlord is located on a bend of the river known as the Estuary of Roglaroon. It's a fairly major port city, and, as mentioned in the intro notes, a popular stop for adventurous types. Each of you (except nijineko, he's special*) has your own reason for coming to the City-State from elsewhere. You have met on the many week long ship voyage to the City-State, and have agreed to work together for whatever reasons you may have.

*Special = making things beyond difficult for me.

Your background should cover as much as you want up to the point of walking onto the ship. Level 5 isn't really that high - you may have reached that point off training under a master, rather than adventuring. Again, this is up to you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast