Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    well, i would make a short-bus joke about my character... except that my character would in no possible way fit in one. unless he ripped the roof off and used it for a couch or recliner... ^^ and fear not, necrite! i shall faithfully provide you with all the information you could possibly need about the character. i'll even toss in notes about the ramifications of my various choices in play. =D i was working on the character sheet last night, as a matter of fact. ^^

in addition to the character sheet, i was planning on including a fact sheet quick reference quide for my character, so feel free to dump lots of questions on me. =D
    Last edited by nijineko; 07-14-2008 at 03:07 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he's that big, maybe my archer can stand on his shoulder and fire his bow with a 'higher ground' attack bonus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    now thats thinking outside the box, good idea though

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there's a feat that grants that in races of stone.... (ducks necrite's swing)

yes, actually, he is that big. managed to wind up as a large sized creature instead of medium. a small sized creature could likely ride around on his shoulders as a mount. but he can definitely carry the load.... how you would convince him might be another story.... especially if you have uncomfortable foot gear.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget that with Powerful Build, even though you are large, you count as huge for Grapple checks, weapons usable, and a few other things.

I haven't gone through the stuff you sent me yet.... I certainly hope you don't force me to break out the Nerf Bat later on...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am known for self-limiting my characters.... i put my lowest score in str, not that that means a whole lot considering the total adjustment, but still a minor thing. considering the philosophy he has adopted, he will only use subdual weapons, which will limit his combat abilities quite a bit. furthermore, i will be lowering his total attack bonus, where possible. there is also the fact that he is only a second level character with regard to his class abilities and hit dice. not to mention the roleplaying limitations i will be applying on top of all that.

i think i am safe in saying that you will find that he will enhance your gameplay because of his potential, and how i will handle it, rather than make you reach for the nerf bat. ^^ i hope to prove that just because a character could do something, doesn't mean that will automatically ruin a game. after all, the game is only "ruined" by the choices a player makes, not by how the character is built.

i didn't quite realize the full ramifications of my template choices until another friend pointed out some things i'd missed. ^^ but now i'm determined to demonstrate that it's all in what the player chooses. just like in life, just because you could do something doesn't mean you are going to, or even want to. self-discipline and honesty in one's characterization of the character is what's required.

oh, yes. i'll be waiting until after my 5th class level before i prestige into anything, as per the intent of your limitiation. so relax! breathe. =D you don't have to worry about me. ^^
    Last edited by nijineko; 07-15-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good day, everyone. To make this short and sweet so I do not waste any more of your time than necessary, I have question about this rpg, Necrite. First off, I must say I have skimmed through the Background section and I like what I saw, but I did not read it in all detail yet since I don't know whether I even have a chance. I'd like to join this one if it is alright with you, but I am afraid my D&D knowledge is quite limited. I do not have any of the manuals and remember very little. However, I do know the rules presented here at the WotC site for the SRD d20. Would that be enough knowledge to join? I might need a hand in some areas, but otherwise I should be fine....well, question I'm asking is if this is a casual game or more advanced.

I'm fine if I can't join with such limited knowledge... I'm a GM for GURPS and I understand that issue. Either way, I thought I'd just throw it out there and see rather than just pass it by.

~Sylvengard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... I don't really want to dismiss you out of hand.

If I were to turn you down, it would be due to lack of space, not lack of experience. How else can you learn? Right now, the group is full, but one of the players isn't availble right away, and I don't know when he will be.

Give me some time to think about it. If I decide I'm comfortable with an extra person, then the chair will be yours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, space was another issue I had thought of. Oh that reminds me, do you have a list of the characters already playing somewhere so that I can think about which class I might want to play (if I do get in)?

Alright, take any time you need. Thanks for considering

EDIT: Oh dang, scratch that. I found the thread where the characters are.
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-16-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, good news. I found the AD&D Player's Handbook online in some type of pdf format, so I should be read up by the end of the week.
    Death is in the eyes of a Beholder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's AD&D, you might want to skip that. AD&D is 1st and 2nd Editions, and is quite different from 3rd. If you've got a single pdf with about 12 books in it, you're probably looking at the 2nd Ed version that's been floating around forever and a day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is interesting then. It says on the cover of the manual that it is 3.5e, and this doesn't look old enough to be 2nd, much less 1st. I think that this file was uploaded by someone who accidentally put AD&D in the title, because now come to think of it, I can't find AD&D written anywhere on the actual pages of the document.

Here is the manual in question, correct me if I am wrong about it being 3rd. It's not truely a pdf, btw, only something like it.

I also found a couple other books such as the DM's Guide, the PH II, and the Monster Manuals for 3e.

*EDIT by Necrite* Removed the link. See below.
    Last edited by Necrite; 07-17-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks just like my players handbook so you should be good to go

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the right book, but even though it's (recently) out of print, it's not legal to distribute it, so I'm going to have to take the link out of your post. Only the rules (and not all of them!) are freely distributable under the OGL, not the art, any copyrighted material (like the deities list), and a few other parts.

We don't want some jackhole pointing at the link and claiming that P&PG is illegally distributing copyrighted material, and causing the site to get shut down, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, that's what I thought. At least I'm on the right track now.

Dammit I should have thought of that... Thanks Necrite.

Umm, just outta curiosity, if someone were to report a link like that, isnt Scribd the site that would be taken down (as opposed to P&PG), if not just the file there?
    Last edited by Caligula; 07-17-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast