Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Grounds user
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Grounds user

Downloads
    Uploads

Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Grounds user

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Fairly new to the software, looking for players or a game to get in with others using FG2. Preferably using OD&D or AD&D 1st or 2nd edition. Or maybe a castles and crusades game? Email or PM me, available most nights of the week!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. It seems like you are looking to game online. nijineko would be one of the best initial contacts to speak with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have used FG and FG2, but alas, not much. It is a good program from my limited experience and they have an excellent online manual too.

Not sure how easy it will be to run early editions since it is established for d20, but I know users make all kinds of rulesets (like different digital character sheets at the most basic explanation, it comes with d20 sheets, others program in d6, d10, whatever). The problem is licensing so it might be hard to find published rulesets for what you want.
    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - JFK

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just make adjustments and compromises to the d20 ruleset to suit a OD&D game. Just set up "Insearch of the unknown" module to DM a game and tried it twice. It's pretty awesome. I've also installed the Castle and Crusades ruleset which is basicly like OD&D.
    This is a great piece of software and I suggest it to anyone who plays online! Now just to find people to game with...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not an on line gamer, but you make sure ot have fun.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sirosis34 View Post
    I just make adjustments and compromises to the d20 ruleset to suit a OD&D game. Just set up "Insearch of the unknown" module to DM a game and tried it twice. It's pretty awesome. I've also installed the Castle and Crusades ruleset which is basicly like OD&D.
    This is a great piece of software and I suggest it to anyone who plays online! Now just to find people to game with...
    Hi, can you tell me how I can set up a ruleset? I like playing on the Fantasy Grounds systems, but I'd like to tailor it more towards my D&D campaign. We're using first edition rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome you shouldn't have a problem finding people here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am waiting for wizards to put out their online tools before I join any online games. *Sigh* Some day...

Welcome to the site!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Briarthorn View Post
    I am waiting for wizards to put out their online tools before I join any online games. *Sigh* Some day...

Welcome to the site!
    I only recently discovered that Wizards will be releasing one. I saw on the website that it says "Coming Soon", but a friend of mine told me that they've been saying that for over two years now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been using maptool for a year with great success, and it's generic any system will work on there. It's free, I'm using release 1.2 but they've just about (I haven't checked in a month) to finish working the bugs out of 1.3

http://rptools.net/doku.php

we use skype for voice, and out of game chat, the maptool chat for flavor and game mechanics

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maptool is a good one, as is gametable. just depends on your needs. maptool has more features, and looks great, gametable is simple and minimalistic.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive