Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guess my age! - Page 5
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Guess my age!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm glad you guys dialed it back a little. It was getting a little too contentious on this thread. To throw in my thoughts, I think it is perfectly valid to pick and choose whom you bring into your gaming group, and age is a very valid factor. When you say,

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rostoker View Post
    Your age isn't really any more of an indicator for maturity then your hair colour or favorite brand of toothpaste.

That really isn't supported by facts. The fact is that the brain's capacity for making sound judgment is still developing beyond the teen years and all the way up until the mid-twenties. A person who is twenty and a person who is thirty are in completely different places both in life experiences and in cognitive maturity. If you're interested, here are a couple of articles I found in a quick search of the web that highlight this: http://ontheirlevel.org/whats-happening/maturation-of-the-teen-brain/ and http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-03/ehs-atb032808.php.

This is certainly a valid criterion for deciding if you are going to bring someone into your group. This is especially true if, like me, your D&D group is in effect a circle of friends and not simply acquaintances that you happen to roleplay with. Now, personally, I don't exclude someone just because they happen to fall under the median age of my group. I meet and interview anyone who is potentially going to join my game. I do have limits though, in that I would not personally be comfortable having someone in my group who was under 18. At that point, I think the disparity is too great -- we're simply in completely different places in our lives. I donít think there is anything unreasonable about that.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    So then it is ok that my hair color changes monthly!
    You have my brand of approval.
    It is quite hot if you can pull it off, your fiancee is a lucky guy.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345