Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: DnD 3.5 or SW d6
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location Street Address: pending
City: Cedar Hill
State: TX
Zip Code / Postal Code: 75104
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

View Poll Results: What game and version do you prefer to play?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4e

4 57.14%
  • DnD 3.5

3 42.86%
  • Star Wars Saga

2 28.57%
  • Star Wars d6

2 28.57%
  • Other (Vampire: Masquerade or DnD 2e)

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abberant

Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow Abberant

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Before referencing material or providing world info, I am gauging interest and opening discussion. I actually prefer it happen on this thread so everyone can discuss details and see results together (or hear ***crickets*** when I am not tilting at windmills if that be the case).

Topic 1:
    If this is at my home I am easy going and open to most games as long as they are fun (I do prefer more roleplay) so the Fantasy/DnD above is optional. No drugs. Really, I will arrest you.

Topic 2:
    I prefer to limit it to 21yrs or older. I actually hope some non-creepy 30+'ers will hop on board since roleplaying with all early 20's might make me feel a little creepy.

Topic 3:
    Best days/times. I prefer Saturday or Sunday afternoon and either weekly or bi-weekly: every other (or aim for weekly and end up in between). Tell me what the group can/wants to do.

Topic 4:
    If I run it is a low materials homebrew (probably PHB and a little custom stuff only) and would not be 4e since it just did not inspire me (I would still play). I might run a short d6 Starwars game just for fun until the group "stabilizes". If so, I have all the stuff and the game is not rules intensive, hence the good gap filler during any early turn over. It is also easy to plan and fast paced.

Topic 5:
    This one belongs to you. Heck toss out a 6 or 7 if you feel the need. I forgot something. I would tell you what if I remembered.
    Last edited by Engar; 06-16-2008 at 11:39 PM.
    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - JFK

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads

new game

Heya,

I'd be interested in playing. I have been playing RPG's for more than 20 years. Started with Fasa Star Trek in 1986... I still have the books. I loved WEG's Star Wars system. Played that from release on. Star Wars d20 isnt bad either. My truest passion is D&D (edition doesn't stop roleplaying high fantasy.) Your buddy Mike dropped me a line and told me to contact you. Let me know what the plan is. I can run or play. I recently acquired 4e. I like it. My first run through was a tremendous hit with my daughter and her friends.

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never played any Star Trek. I loved the shows (all of them to greater or lesser degree).

I am invited to a couple games this weekend (they are not weekly games, just fell on the same weekend) and they sound good.

I can probably still host bi-weekly (every other) and not have my wife kill me. If I end up loving all three and my schedule gets tight I might be in a bind, but an embarrassment of riches is nothing to complain about. I was unsure I would find any games after the move.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    My truest passion is D&D (edition doesn't stop roleplaying high fantasy.)James
    I agree, I am not a big fan of 4e, but I also realize I haven't given it much of a chance.
    Last edited by Engar; 06-23-2008 at 12:37 PM.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there

I'm just popping in to say I'd love to play, whatever ends up being ran chances are I'll be cool with it. I always try to see a system for it merits rather than it's flaws.

I've been gaming for about 7 years now (I'm 25 I hope that's not too young).

Weekends are best for me, though I could do a weekday but it would have to start late. Weekly is my preference.

I've been checking out 4E and I like what I see and I hear it's really good, but I'd like to practice before I start preaching.
    Normal people worry me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am basically out of town from next weekend through the 5th for a visit back to IL. Right after that I start my TX ACP so weekends or possibly Friday night would be best on my end. I could not do a late weeknight.

LOL, 25 oughta do. I think Mike (or Michael?) is 22 or something. I would like to see a couple older gamers join up just because... I don't know, it just seems I might relate more or something. It doesn't really matter that much as long as we have a good time with it.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am looking for a group. Mine is kinda falling apart it looks like. Age of Conan seems to have sucked up the majority of interest so there's really only about 3 of us left. I'm not much of a computer fanatic so I'm out in the cold when it comes to the MMOs, or whatever they are. I enjoy role-playing and like playing and GMing.

Really pretty easygoing. I like playing weekly and really look forward to my game time. I have been playing on Saturdays in the evening and would like to keep it that way if possible. I have 1-2 other players that may be interested depending on your group.

I also have a campaign I am preparing to run, so if I find players I enjoy, I may offer to do that and see if there are any takers. At this point, I would like to play and get to know some new gamers.

Oh, umm, guess I should stay on point.

1. My house is not good for a game, too many small bodies running around.
    2. LOL I hope I qualify as a non-creepy 30+. It would REALLY depend on how broad you paint with the creepy brush.
    3. Saturday evening. Used to playing from 7 or 8 upto 12 to 2. Am flexible but don't like to give up too much of my saturday daytime cause I like to see my kids.
    4. Like I said, want to run a campaign, Arcana Evolved mostly, but only when I feel comfortable with the players cause it's designed as a long term game. I will play in almost anything as long as it's fun. Not into 4e so much. But as stated, I'm really easygoing.

Ok, well that's about it for me. Let me know.

Carl
    817-210-4379 office
    214-497-5545 cell

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding the creepy referrence: I am thinking along the lines of sex offenders or anyone with a history of earning and/or ignoring restraining orders.

I can play every Saturday starting between 7-8, but my wife tends to go to bed early and get up early so midnight is probably the limit. Even playing until midnight I might propose the computer room (essentially a 13x10 unfurnished bedroom where I could toss a table and chairs) instead of the main living area.

Hmmm... Age of Conan you say? Just kidding, I avoid MMOs.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW: If you search my posts you will probably get a pretty good idea of my play style (under the stats tab if you look at my profile I think).

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like we have at least three players so far. Does Saturday evenings work for everyone? I was thinking start around 6pm and plan to end by midnight? I suggest the first time we get together at a pub or bookstore cafe or something just to meet and discuss what game, what times, etc and to share the old gaming yarns. How does the 7th or the 14th look?

About Mike (whom I have never met): He was excited to help organize which I dislike doing. Last I checked he was not planning to host and the only criteria I asked was to post everything here so we stay on the same page. He vaguely mentioned a google group in response to my email today which I could not find.

I have no idea what he might be telling everyone so before it gets confused, I am using *ONLY THIS THREAD* to arrange the group. Mike is proving quite the character, LOL. I haven't a clue what he is doing.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    7th and the 14th are Mondays in July. Unless you mean June, which would be awesome cause that means you have the ability to travel time with science or perhaps the majiks.

The 5th and the 12th are the first Saturdays in July. 5th could be a problem for people cause the the holiday and all. I know I could make it on the 12th but I don't want to make plans right now for the 5th.
    Normal people worry me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! Too bad ya'll weren't more interested in the 4th edition or the latest Star Wars edition. I'll keep an eye on ya'll though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Igbutton View Post
    7th and the 14th are Mondays in July. Unless you mean June, which would be awesome cause that means you have the ability to travel time with science or perhaps the majiks.

The 5th and the 12th are the first Saturdays in July. 5th could be a problem for people cause the the holiday and all. I know I could make it on the 12th but I don't want to make plans right now for the 5th.
    LOL, yup I looked at June. Unfortunately, the prototype failed so July 5th or 12th it is. I suspected the 5th might prove an issue (which is what I actually meant and thank you).

So, the 12th anyone?

Also, I just played in a Saga game and loved it. I just do not have any Saga materials (yet) and was more thinking of a quick and easy intro filler type game. I am also not ruling out 4e completely. I concede that reading is not playing and I have yet to play. But I will say I have the PHB and am not further investing in 4e right now.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently in a Saga game right now. It's a whole lot of fun.

Don't know if this sways you opinion any but most of us in the group feel that saga is the step between 3.5 and 4th and so far everyone likes it.
    Normal people worry me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, okay, if the majority agrees I will run a 4e DnD game. I will put my prejudices aside and make the absolute best of it in hopes of proving all the critics wrong. If with all that the system is still ugly or I fail to do it justice I propose switching to either someone else storytelling or Star Wars Saga may be popular if it is not overkill.

I am not familiar with Arcana Evolved, but if people know and like it, Omegaman offered to run and had a head start on it as well so that could be a good second option.

I still propose some one shot introductory adventures for the first two or three sessions in case some come or go and to work out the kinks before committing to a running game.

We can run the paces here or figure it out when we get together. I think only one person said they could set aside some time on the 12th (other than me).

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't get me wrong Engar, I don't want to twist anyone's arm to get them to run something they don't want. I've had tons of fun with 3.5 games and I don't feel the need to switch just because something new came out. I just commenting that you liked Saga which is similar to 4th in a lot of ways so you might not find it all that bad.

I'm not familiar with Arcana Evolved either but I'll be happy to try it.

I agree we should just meet up and play some one shots/munchkin just to break the ice see what falls through.
    Normal people worry me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast