Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: DnD 3.5 or SW d6
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location Street Address: pending
City: Cedar Hill
State: TX
Zip Code / Postal Code: 75104
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

View Poll Results: What game and version do you prefer to play?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4e

4 57.14%
  • DnD 3.5

3 42.86%
  • Star Wars Saga

2 28.57%
  • Star Wars d6

2 28.57%
  • Other (Vampire: Masquerade or DnD 2e)

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abberant

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Its not so much others twisting my arm as it is the controversy. A number of people I know to be reasonable and logical are on either side of the issue. I tend to agree more with the naysayers from my own reading, but then I did really enjoy Saga and everyone makes that comparison.

I am in a position to play with other people completely new to 4e as well and I have no ties to an old homebrew. I have easy access to setting information since most of my old homebrew development revolved around story more than stats and none of it is familiar to a new set of players. If I really want to give 4e a fair shot it does not get much better.
    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - JFK

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be willing to play anything D&D or Starwars. I don't know Arcana Evolved either. Saturday evenings are great for me. I'd be willing to meet whichever Monday, Friday or whatever the group decides. Whereas I'd love to play I can also GM Starwars or D&D. So engar if you really want to try 4e I have the books and can DM.

Cheers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I replaced my order for the DMG & MM yesterday. We can always flip a coin or arm wrestle!

July 12th is a Saturday. There is a half-price books down the road. I don't remember if half-priced has a cafe or anything though.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads

The infamous Mike

Ok Ok Ok, so my bad Nate. I've met up with a couple of my friends from school and got so excited I just kinda ran with them and started the google group and one thing led to another... I'm sorry, friend. I haven't been very compliant or helpful.
    I hope its not too late to be a possible member of your group. I'd really like to. I can still offer my friend's coffee shop as a place to play, if it works out better for everyone. Its on beltline, just west of 67. White Rhino coffee shop.
    Again, I really didnt mean to get carried away. In my mind, I figured we would each work out something and whomever got theirs together first... or something. I dont know. I promise I'm not a horrible addition to a group. But I'll understand if you disagree.
    For what its worth, the 12th is awesome for me.
    Last edited by Cinematic Sunset; 06-24-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mike: You are welcome to come join us on the 12th and after. Of course, you are still fired from your own invented volunteer position, lol.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! I would've had to ask for a raise, if you'd kept me on; All the hours I put in and wot wot.
    Around what time and where on the 12th, or will we cross that bridge as the date approaches?
    And I'm pretty sure the half-price in Cedar Hill doesn't have a cafe. I think. It's been a while, but they didn't like 2 years ago. ..? o.O

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arcana Evolved is Monte Cook's directors cut of D&D3.5. I love DMing more than anything, but I am not in a big hurry to start a game with players I do not know. So I'll just be a follower for right now.

Also, I have the core PDFs for 4E if you want them. I have studied it and I won't be buying any 4E. 3.5 is video gamey and super hero enough for me. I am actually getting pretty interested in GURPS these days. However, I will play in 4E if that is the consensus, (I love gaming).

This saturday is the 28th and Sunday is the 29th. Is there a reason we are not meeting up this weekend in order to got to know each other? Seems like there's plenty of time to plug it into the schedule.
    Last edited by Omegaman; 06-25-2008 at 09:54 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our main squeeze leader man is going out of town on the 27th and wont be back until the 6th, if I remember correctly. I could have sworn he posted that up here already... o.O

Downloads
    Uploads
    There will be no squeezing. Yes, I am out of town from Friday morning the 27th until the following Friday (4th) or Saturday morning (5th) depending on traffic, etc. My wife and I are driving back to visit in IL for the week so I will be off the grid unless I briefly borrow a computer.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, in the meantime then, until the 12th, for anyone who would like to drive to Euless this Sat., you are welcome to do so. Bring a 3.5 Eberron Warforged with you and you can explore "something" at the base of the End World mountains. We're not sure what it is yet, we just got there.

Since I have been 2 weeks without gaming I need to get my fix I guess. If you're interested, let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads

Player available

I moved to Arlington near the beginning of June and I'm eager to find a game out this way. I'm excited about 4E but not to the exclusion of other systems or games.
    Last edited by ergh99; 07-01-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WoW ,ergh you are right next to me. Do you happen to live in Cinnamon Park apts?

Anyway you may already have gathered from the thread but our potential GM guy is currently out of town. I doubt he'll mind another player though.
    Normal people worry me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am back in town. I am looking at where to get together on the 12th. I am leaning toward Barnes & Noble since I think they have a cafe.

- Noam Chomsky

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm near Park Row and Oxford. I'll be back in town on the 9th.

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

Okay, unless I am looking at June again, this Saturday is the 12th. Can we agree on this...

Saturday the 12th
    7pm in the cafe
    Barnes and Noble
    305 W FM 1382
    Cedar Hill, TX 75104
    ?

We can discuss game style and get an idea what we want to do going forward. I also propose the following Saturday for character creation or a one shot if players can do two in a row.

I know one gamer so far. Happens Igbutton and I were referencing the same Saga game which I just joined. I have no idea what he thinks about it, but I can breath a little easier knowing at least one other person is less erratic than Mike!

I have decided I want to run the first game since I am hosting. I just want to be sure my style fits with the first GM . I keep thinking it might be horrible if I do not enjoy the game someone else runs in my living room before I know them well enough to politely mention something. Everyone may of course feel free to lie to me about how great my game is.

Kidding, we can evaluate as a group after a couple sessions if it is solid enough to run with or consider alternatives in game and/or GM. Time permiting and players willing we might even work an alternating schedule down the road or something. We may still want to jump through a couple one shots just for ice breakers too.
    Last edited by Engar; 07-09-2008 at 06:42 PM.

- Noam Chomsky

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast