Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Welcome To Dallas

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome To Dallas

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Welcome Dallas Area Roleplayers!

So many new faces, er, usernames out there, and there are lots of exciting people in the world of RPG's. Obviously, you are one of them. We want to know all about your RPG experience; Especially if it's happening in the Dallas area. We want to know who you are, what you did with the evil version of yourself, and when was the last time you played.

The Events Community Calendar shows the coming events. Among them are the Half Price Books gaming meets. They appear multiple times a month. If you're able to attend (or not), RSVP, and let others know you'll be there. There are vast numbers of gamers out there, let's get together, and tell us who you are.

Half Price Books game days and game nights are gatherings for gamers. What goes on at these meets?
    GM's picking up Players
    Players finding games
    Gaming (duh)
    Discussions of the greatest magnitude
    Character Building because enough is never enough
    Guest GM one-shots of some your favorite games

Got something you want to do at the meet. Let us know in Members Chat and RSVP.

See you at the meet!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im trying to find a group of AD&D players that play friday or saturday nights (1st or 2nd edition)
    Life is Hard.. But it's Harder if your Stupidd.

Downloads
    Uploads

hullo!

Hi,

Name's Jenn.24. I'm new to the Dallas area. I'm just looking for a group to start up with. I'm around Monday's and Thursday's all day. I've been playing D&D for several years now.

I'm mostly Fantasy 50/50 with the role playing and combat.
    "Leaping Leprechauns, Batman!!!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Penandpapergames.com. Best of luck finding a group. There seems to be an abundance of gamers in the greater Dallas area. You shouldn't have too much trouble.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

Hello,

My name is Kathleen, but y'all can call me Kat. I'm fairly new to the Dallas area, and very new to the table top gaming scene, and looking to join a weekly D&D group, preferably 3.5e.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I'm Jeff and am new to the DFW area. I would love if someone else in this city would not look at me blankly when I mention Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay or comment with "the one with the little miniature people?" But then again I am bitter, and have bad grammar. I work for a certain book store chain that sells books for less than full price, and have not found any gaming groups. My list of game preferences are on me bio, but I am pretty much open to what's out there. I love my wife to death, don't get me wrong, but she is not a gamer, and I need that outlet of people that know what I am talking about without sounding too much like a stark raving looney! My schedule varies, due to family commitments and work, but I would say that I am good for any groups that meet once a week, possibly on the weekend evenings. Looking forward to meeting you all! ^_^

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Dallas and to P&PG, Jeff. Good to see we are adding on new people to our long list of local gamers. Hope you can find a good group, and this is a great place to do it. I came to Dallas last january and started trying to build a group in June with two players. I now have 6 players (and no more room at my table, unfortunately ), three of which were found (directly or indirectly) from P&PG. It's a great resource and it's a great community to be in.

We've recently started having (semi) monthly meetups and the next one is planned for May 16th to see the new Star Trek movie. Bring the wife If it's bad, we'll have fun ripping it apart. If it's good, we'll be drooling fanboys/girls together. Either way, it's a win
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm fairly new to the DFW area myself, having been here just over a year. But real soon I will be looking for a 3.5 D&D game, either as DM or a player ... I enjoy both. My frequencies are limited though, only every other Saturday during the day. Sometimes my work takes a day out of my weekends and my wife doesn't want to give all of her weekend time with me away.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Just figured I would say Hi, I'm neither new to the site or to the dallas area, but I'm not really active and haven't done much besides post when games I'm running or have been in are looking for players

Anyways ello G'day and all that.

-Btw I'm also looking for a Week night game 4e game in the North Dallas area. (out to include Plano, Lewisville and such) I've only run games and I'd seriously love to play in 4e...

-Cory

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey kids.

I'm young. I'm sort of mature for my age, so role-playing wise, you probably won't be able to tell. But adults tend to look down on people my age, so i was wondering if I should bother coming at all. I live in San Antonio, but I'll be up in Dallas for the summer.
    I'll probably be able to make it, but I don't know if you all would be okay with me joining in. I know how a kid can ruin the party and make everyone have to settle down, or just be plain obnoxious, but if you put that aside, I should be able to RP as fine as the next guy.
    I don't really like playing with kids my own age cause they don't know how to play a serious WoD or D&D 3.5 game, and telling them to settle down is like telling you stop breathing:

They stop for now, but when they start again it's twice as bad.

so, if you guys are willing to have me, I'll join, just tell me when and what, and ill make a character to suit it.
    (By the way, I'm thirteen. But wisdom knows no age; I hope that you have learned this by now. Also, ignore my user name, just call me Jon.)

Downloads
    Uploads

Happy to be in TX

HI all!

I have just joined this forum and Pen and Paper like last month. I have chatted with a couple of you and am working on possibly joining a Champions game.

I just moved here from San Diego, and have role played since i was just a young pup. Of course back then, we thought it meant "roll" the dice not assuming a role. Ah, to be young.

Even though I have played a long time, I would say most of my experience is with DnD. I started out with the old red and blue soft cover books for the basic and expert rules. You know, Keep on the Borderlands, and Isle of Dread. Then Advanced DandD then Second Edition. Played a very small amount in the d20 system. I dont think I have anymore books, still plenty of modules though. I have been a gm and a player.

I also played Champions, Shadow Run, Gurps once, Renegade Legions, Rune Quest, and a few home made ones.

My availability is still a bit shakey. Probably like Friday nights but still not sure. I would probably need to just join a game and then figure it out from there.

I live in Highland Village (Lewisville), though I'm still learning my way around.

I was invited to a recent Vampire Masq game but the timing didn't work out, thanks Merket (hope I spelled that right).

Thanks all, hope to meet some of you!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to meetcha The gaming community in Dallas is large and a large number of them are registered here on P&PG. Good luck in finding a game that fits you, and thanks for joining us. Keep your eyes out for a movie for our next monthly movie meet. We meet one weekend-day a month around 4 pm at the Regal Cinema on Spring Valley and 75 Central.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)