Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
On the Map in Missouri - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the Map in Missouri

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albie Blas Tibbits View Post
    Hey one and all! Just moved into the middle of no where. I hope to over turn a few rocks and see if any more nerds pop out...so...

:Turns over rocks:

This is where ya'll come in.
    god I wish you were closer:P

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That aint rough! Try having to wear a bulletproof vest to check the mail. When the mail is dropped at the front door of your own house!
    You getting out of the military? Wearing the vest and all.

As for the alcohol being illegal and all, I spent dome time in Kansas when I was active duty Air Force. No alcohol. Though you could join a private club and bring a bottle where they would sell you drinks until your bottle was empty.

And when I was in college I lived in a dry county during Sundays. Had to drive to another county to buy the keg so I could serve underage drinkers. Ended up quitting drinking (among other things) in the middle of my senior year. Been sober since 85. Life is much better when you are not dropping handfuls of money into the toilet all the time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    You getting out of the military? Wearing the vest and all.

As for the alcohol being illegal and all, I spent dome time in Kansas when I was active duty Air Force. No alcohol. Though you could join a private club and bring a bottle where they would sell you drinks until your bottle was empty.

Maybe they just moved back here from Bagdad.

Wow! You buy the bottle and then get charged to be served drinks from it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Wow! You buy the bottle and then get charged to be served drinks from it.
    That was in Kansas. Don't know if the entire state was like that, I think so. Remember flying over it one time and someone hadn't finished his drink and had to gulp it or loose it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You want small? I lived one place that was so small, it had a sign that said "Welcome to Milton" on one side...and on the opposite side, it said "Welcome to Milton".
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going! (But I'll happily be the GM...)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once many years ago I remember driving through a small town in South Dakota I think, without a sign. It did have a house next door to the store.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there's a few of those towns in illinois as well.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    But the REAL question is: Are they gaming there? I think I've finally gotten enough rocks overturned that I may be landing in a group of gamers. I hope this works!
    Love is Destructive
    Marriage is Temporary
    Sex is Forever

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, Springfield should have a few gamers in the area. One of them was my brother, though he just moved out to SF.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going! (But I'll happily be the GM...)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But the REAL question is: Are they gaming there? I think I've finally gotten enough rocks overturned that I may be landing in a group of gamers. I hope this works!

And there you have it. Just goes to show that if you keep at it, eventually there are some gamers to be found. I think that some folks come on here and think that by just simply listing on the player's registry, they will find a group without having to do anything on their part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh, yes. I do tend to pester until I get what I want...errr...I mean I am a dedicated gamer and hard-work is second nature to me! Either case, I've found a few and hope others are as lucky in their searches.
    Love is Destructive
    Marriage is Temporary
    Sex is Forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12