Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Shadowrun? - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shadowrun?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igbutton View Post
    Rowlett is NW of Dallas yes.

I've always loved the Shadowrun setting, but the combat always just seem to drag the game out. There's just so much you can do.
    I've taken the cheat sheets and created some javascript apps which really sped things along in yesterdays game. Check them out at http://www.shadowrun.us/sr4/cheat

They're not all done yet (they're noted) but we used the melee and ranged combat pretty extensively and even the spellcasting one a couple of times.

Also, I created a top/bottom for my screen which turned it into:

So it's a carrying case as well. I pack the screen components as well as dice, pen and pencils, wipes, zombies, and a few other small things. My backpack carries the notebook and laptop.

And if you do try the javascript stuff, let me know what you think

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    ...Not that your average thug has ANY chance against a shadowrunner anyway :P
    That's actually one of the things I liked about Cyberpunk 2020. Your PC could be very skilled, but a streetpunk with a knife can still cripple you if he gets a good shot in. Getting stabbed is still a very bad thing no matter how many "XP" you have. And if he pulls out a gun, find cover...quick!

Cyberpunk can be min/maxed though, just like Shadowrun, I just try to discourage it as a GM. In the last Shadowrun game I attempted to run, one PC played a troll with near max stamina, full body armor and carrying a shoulder cannon. He was taking shotgun blasts at point blank range and not flinching.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Cyberpunk can be min/maxed though, just like Shadowrun, I just try to discourage it as a GM. In the last Shadowrun game I attempted to run, one PC played a troll with near max stamina, full body armor and carrying a shoulder cannon. He was taking shotgun blasts at point blank range and not flinching.
    Yeah, I was guilty of that once in SR 2nd long ago. When bioware was limited by your body score, not essence, sick & wrong things were possible. Took a missile and absolutely horrible resist rolls (well over 10 dice twice with no successes on a 5 dc) on my part to take him down...everything else was just ignored (replace shotguns with panther cannons and you get the right image)

That being said, while it is nothing like cyberpunk, SR is no where near as bad as it once was for creating sick & wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123