Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Shadowrun?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadowrun?

Downloads
    Uploads

Shadowrun?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Does anyone play this anymore? I know its like on its 4th edition but I started playing when it first started (talk about confusing rules) I would be interested in playing again (gotta get new rules) maybe run a pbp game

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started with 2e and I am toying with 4e right now. I'm not into non face to face games though
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm running it. It seems to be pretty popular.

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In fact, I haven't posted this over here yet but:

This is the game I ran last Sunday. The interaction between the parts of the investigation was drawn out so they could figure out what to do next

Carl
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And here's my new screen. I made one jeeze, almost 30 years ago that was D&D specific with tables and tidbits. I decided that since I was running Shadowrun, I should probably come up with something different. Especially since I was using a laptop now.

Stepping back from the game, it's my dice rolling box on the left, a special setup so the laptop is easily accessible and I can put papers under the laptop, and a dice dispenser on the right.

And here I am with the front of the screen. Since it was a camera phone, we didn't know whether my head was going to be cut off so I scrunched down a little. I'm still painting the front of course

Carl

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice rig! shadowrun is worth that effort, imo. great setting, great fun
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More painting on the screen. Now I just have to do some detailing.

And a shot of today's game. The plot gets thicker and thicker.

Carl

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, sweet GM screen!!!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard the name bandied about..is it modern? Sci Fi?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amardolem View Post
    I've heard the name bandied about..is it modern? Sci Fi?
    Basically it's fantasy cyberpunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

Carl

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
    Basically it's fantasy cyberpunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

Carl
    Yeah. Cross Cyberpunk with a splash of D&D to mix things up and you get Shadowrun. Very cool setting. I think it would have gone over better with my group and I had we had an experienced Shadowrun GM though. I tried running 3rd edition and it became a bit overwhelming. I still wish I could have made it work. I had some cool adventure ideas.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah. Cross Cyberpunk with a splash of D&D to mix things up and you get Shadowrun. Very cool setting. I think it would have gone over better with my group and I had we had an experienced Shadowrun GM though. I tried running 3rd edition and it became a bit overwhelming. I still wish I could have made it work. I had some cool adventure ideas.
    I'm pretty experienced in being a DM (many years of DND) and ran a few non-DND games. I played Shadowrun 3rd for a few months and then when I started to run 4th, I had a group that consisted of newb's and one guy who had GM'd it but stopped because he couldn't get his head wrapped around the magic part so he was and still is a big help. I'm working on a mage cheat sheet (http://www.shadowrun.us/sr4/mage) and he's created a mage in part using my sheet. That should help him get a better understanding so he can start running it again.

Carl

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow i still have my 2nd ed rule book, sitting on the bookshelf next to my Vampire: the Masquerade and Warmachine rulebooks

Vulture the Great

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    wow i still have my 2nd ed rule book, sitting on the bookshelf next to my Vampire: the Masquerade and Warmachine rulebooks
    I started at 1st Edition so I still have my 1st Ed book along with my 2nd Edition, both hardback and paperback. Early last year is when I got back into gaming with Shadowrun and I started filling my collection up with the rest of the books so now I have (maybe) all of the books for all four editions. All four printings of the Street Samurai Catalog. The 3rd Edition BBB and the 4th Edition BBB. I think I'm still missing a couple of books but I'm not 100% sure.

My Shadowrun Inventory

Carl

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    too bad you're not a little closer to my neck of the woods. i've run shadowrun games since 1st ed came out. i'd love to run another...
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast